Kodi Community Forum
Broken Weather Underground - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Weather Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=155)
+---- Thread: Broken Weather Underground (/showthread.php?tid=116668)

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - ronie - 2013-07-23

(2013-07-23, 20:16)VonMagnum Wrote: I rolled back my AppleTV's Eden Weather Undeground plugin to the previous version (which still works), but despite XBMC saying that the current (non-working for Eden) version is "blacklisted" it auto-updated again anyway today to the broken (for Eden) version. I think it's pretty crappy of the plugin to forcibly update itself to a non-working version in an Eden setup. If they don't want to support Eden any longer, fine, but don't update an Eden XBMC setup to *purposely* BREAK the plugin . It should simply refuse to update in Eden and stay on the last working version (0.9 I believe).

i indeed intentionally broke the addon on eden installs. that was the sole purpose of the update:
to make sure eden users could not use weather underground anymore.

after several complaints from weather underground about us putting too much load on their service,
we had to find a way to reduce this load or else they would cut us off and nobody would be able to use the addon anymore.

it's a crappy decision to drop support for eden users, i fully agree, but it's a decision we had to make.

to make sure eden users were not left empty handed, i've created to yahoo weather addon as a replacement for them.

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - edrikk - 2013-07-29

Just wondering Ronie, wouldn't have caused less 'issues' if you had (instead of breaking WU on Eden) just pushed the Yahoo version's code in the update (still calling it WU)?
Not that I'm affected, as I'm running nightlies...

P.S. Please excuse my ignorance, as I don't know the code, parameter differences, settings differences. Just thinking out loud...

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - rensje - 2013-08-03

I'm creating a XBMC alarm clock on my Raspberry Pi. What I want it to be able to do is turn my TV on at a specific time, play music and start the weather addon. I've got everything to work, except for starting this addon. I tried executing it with the JSON-RPC API as follows:
Code:
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Addons.ExecuteAddon", "params": {"addonid": "weather.wunderground"}}
, but I get a script failed message. Is there any way to automate starting weather underground?

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - pkscout - 2013-08-04

The weather add-on starts automatically when you start XBMC. I'm assuming what you're trying to do is to get XBMC to then show the page that has the weather information. I think what you want is GUI.ActivateWindow.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=JSON-RPC_API/v6#GUI.ActivateWindow

You just have to figure out the right information to send to that to get XBMC to open to the Weather window. Alternatively, most skins let you select which page to open at startup in the settings.

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - rensje - 2013-08-04

(2013-08-04, 19:13)pkscuot Wrote: The weather add-on starts automatically when you start XBMC. I'm assuming what you're trying to do is to get XBMC to then show the page that has the weather information. I think what you want is GUI.ActivateWindow.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=JSON-RPC_API/v6#GUI.ActivateWindow

You just have to figure out the right information to send to that to get XBMC to open to the Weather window. Alternatively, most skins let you select which page to open at startup in the settings.

Thank you! For people on a similar endeavor in the future, I got it to work like this: {"jsonrpc":"2.0","id": 1,"method":"GUI.ActivateWindow", "params": {"window":"weather"}, "id": "1"}

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - argh! - 2013-09-13

EDIT: I wasn't getting any weather info after entering the location. Turns out, the location code didn't get entered until I also entered my city into Location 3. So i just copied the location code over to slot 1 and removed #3. Now it works fine. Weird.

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - krish - 2013-09-17

thanks, i will try it

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - 1358 - 2013-09-27

Am I the only one getting this syntax error?
Code:
11:18:57 T:2642875488   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.SyntaxError'>
                                            Error Contents: ('invalid syntax', ('/storage/.xbmc/addons/weather.wunderground/default.py', 240, 8, "    elif DATEFORMAT[1] == 'm':\n"))
                                            SyntaxError: ('invalid syntax', ('/storage/.xbmc/addons/weather.wunderground/default.py', 240, 8, "    elif DATEFORMAT[1] == 'm':\n"))
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
v2.0.2

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - ronie - 2013-09-27

(2013-09-27, 11:27)1358 Wrote: Am I the only one getting this syntax error?
Code:
11:18:57 T:2642875488   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.SyntaxError'>
                                            Error Contents: ('invalid syntax', ('/storage/.xbmc/addons/weather.wunderground/default.py', 240, 8, "    elif DATEFORMAT[1] == 'm':\n"))
                                            SyntaxError: ('invalid syntax', ('/storage/.xbmc/addons/weather.wunderground/default.py', 240, 8, "    elif DATEFORMAT[1] == 'm':\n"))
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
v2.0.2

full Debug Log please :-)

see this post on how to produce one:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116668&pid=1466875#pid1466875

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - 1358 - 2013-09-27

I thought "invalid syntax" is kinda parsing/compilation error by python saying there is somehting wrong with the code in line 240 column 8 and that the script is not executed at all..

anyway Smile

XBMC (12.2 Git:68a881d), Platform: Linux (OpenELEC (official) - Version: 3.2.0, 3.10.11 armv6l). Built on Sep 13 2013
[

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - Martijn - 2013-09-27

(2013-09-27, 12:22)1358 Wrote: I thought "invalid syntax" is kinda parsing/compilation error by python saying there is somehting wrong with the code in line 240 column 8 and that the script is not executed at all..

anyway Smile

XBMC (12.2 Git:68a881d), Platform: Linux (OpenELEC (official) - Version: 3.2.0, 3.10.11 armv6l). Built on Sep 13 2013
[

are you having issues reading?

he asked for a FULL Debug Log.
and never ever post it on the forum directly as clearly explained.

(2013-09-27, 12:59)Martijn Wrote: are you having issues reading?
no one has taught you decent manners!? Disgusting! Absolutely disrespectful.

First editing my post, then quoting it in a wrong way.

A syntax error is a syntax error is a syntax error -.-

Code:
OpenELEC:~/.xbmc/addons/weather.wunderground # python --version
Python 2.7.3
OpenELEC:~/.xbmc/addons/weather.wunderground # python -m py_compile default.py

I'm trying to fix it myself. If I find a solution I will not publish it as it is obviously unwanted. Incomprehensible behavior of a team member!

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - ronie - 2013-09-28

(2013-09-27, 13:47)1358 Wrote: I'm trying to fix it myself. If I find a solution I will not publish it as it is obviously unwanted. Incomprehensible behavior of a team member!

look mate, if you need my help to fix your problem, you'll have to provide the info i asked for.
if you think you know better and think the error snippet is all i need, fine.. just don't bother asking me for help ever again.

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - 1358 - 2013-09-28

(2013-09-28, 00:23)ronie Wrote: (...) you'll have to provide the info i asked for.
FYI: I have posted the relevant information you have asked for. Martijn has removed them an hour later.

please don't get me wrong ronie. I asked if someone other experienced the same or a similar problem, as a syntax error reported by the compiler is indeed kinda weird. I wanted to know if there are usual suspects or if it is most probably a problem in my setup (like weird file system corruption that smashed default.py somehow). I never asked for a solution.

However, the offending way Martijn reacted is really injurious in my opinion.

Please tell me, how would you react if someone asks you if you are having issues reading? Is this polite? Or rather arrogant? you'd come submissive crawling back?
The way Martijn responded tells me that it is undesirable to contribute something here. That one is a nuisance. Obviously some team memberes are more annoyed than anything else if there are questions.
Again: I never asked for a solution.

That was enough, thank you. Or do you think this behaviour by Martijn is correct? Would you like to help a team where the first thing you get is an offending answer (not by you, but by Martijn)?

I would never dare to ask somebody if he's too stupid to read. And if these are the usual manners here, I think I do better without you. Or is there an apology, Martijn? Had a bad day?

RE: [RELEASE] Weather Underground (default xbmc weather addon) - Martijn - 2013-09-28

No apologies from my side. ronie asked for a full log, you provided a snippet. Seems quite obvious to me.