Kodi Community Forum
Broken Weather Underground - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Weather Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=155)
+---- Thread: Broken Weather Underground (/showthread.php?tid=116668)

RE: Weather Underground - jmh2002 - 2017-12-26

Thanks, much appreciated. I've updated my signature to reflect that the new forum now uses a 'Thumb Up - Like' button instead Wink

RE: Weather Underground - Daniel Řepka - 2018-05-12

ImageThis is my " internet weather station " with this great addition to KODI

RE: Weather Underground - Daniel Řepka - 2018-05-12

Hello. Please advice how to get this weather plugin to display the "Radar" map after launch, or if there is a command for the KODI to switch the map. Thank you very much.

RE: Weather Underground - wgstarks - 2018-05-12

(2018-05-12, 22:56)Daniel Řepka Wrote: Image

Hello. Please advice how to get this weather plugin to display the "Radar" map after launch, or if there is a command for the KODI to switch the map. Thank you very much.

Just go to Weather>Radar and you should see radar for the local area you have selected in the plugin settings.

RE: Weather Underground - Daniel Řepka - 2018-05-13

Hello.  Thank you for answer. Yes I know this. And that's how it's on my picture I always want it. But I would like to see if RADAR is visible right after the add-on (as in my picture) and I did not always have to switch the map, or if the map can be switched over with the SSH command. As soon as the add-on is started, the INFRARED SATELLITE map will be loaded. This weather station turns on at a certain time and turns off again in the evening every day. (Raspberry pi Zero, Libreelec, Kodi, WU Weather.) I apologize for English, I use the translator.

RE: Weather Underground - melons2 - 2018-05-16

When I go to weather on the home screen (Weather Underground).
I get the correct current readings but to the right of that the forecast days read Jan. 3rd, 4th, 5th...etc. and temperatures predictions consistent with winter conditions.
I can't figure out why.
Any ideas?

Thanks

RE: Weather Underground - Daniel Řepka - 2018-05-22

I must show off. I have solved the problem myself today. Just edit the default.py file and change the order of links under #map properties URL1, URL2, URL3 after launching the add-on always goes mapping to URL1 here for me RADAR instead of Infrared Sattelite as it was originally.

RE: Weather Underground - skyhigh69 - 2018-05-25

(2018-05-16, 00:59)melons2 Wrote: When I go to weather on the home screen (Weather Underground).
I get the correct current readings but to the right of that the forecast days read Jan. 3rd, 4th, 5th...etc. and temperatures predictions consistent with winter conditions.
I can't figure out why.
Any ideas?

Thanks

there no longer give out free personal api keys, paid only now, so uninstall lol

RE: Weather Underground - jmh2002 - 2018-05-25

(2018-05-25, 19:43)skyhigh69 Wrote: there no longer give out free personal api keys, paid only now, so uninstall lol

Oh that is terrible news.

I found an official announcement and thread here: https://apicommunity.wunderground.com/weatherapi/topics/weather-underground-api-changes

RE: Weather Underground - ronie - 2018-05-25

thanx for the heads-up guys, i wasn't aware.

while this addon still functions if you already have an api key, i think it's only a matter of time before they completely pull the plug on free access.
i'll remove the addon from the kodi repo and stop providing support for it.

feel free to continue to use it (for as long as it lasts) or check out one of the other weather addons for kodi.

RE: Weather Underground - 5iver - 2018-06-02

I just setup another Kodi system and was surprised to see this removed. Where can the addon be downloaded for people who still have API keys?

RE: Weather Underground - rivasa - 2018-06-02

(2018-06-02, 10:44)5iver Wrote: I just setup another Kodi system and was surprised to see this removed. Where can the addon be downloaded for people who still have API keys?
Agreed, its seems like a big decision that has been made here without consulting the community (the KODI community that is.)

I have a paid API (for my OSPi) and a free one. As simple update in the Add On header to paid service would have done the same thing. Can we please get a link to the Add-On even if its managed by someone else?

RE: Weather Underground - rocko - 2018-06-09

(2018-06-02, 17:22)rivasa Wrote:
(2018-06-02, 10:44)5iver Wrote: I just setup another Kodi system and was surprised to see this removed. Where can the addon be downloaded for people who still have API keys?
Agreed, its seems like a big decision that has been made here without consulting the community (the KODI community that is.)

I have a paid API (for my OSPi) and a free one. As simple update in the Add On header to paid service would have done the same thing. Can we please get a link to the Add-On even if its managed by someone else? 
Do a search for weather underground download kodi in Google.

Look for weather underground ( removed ), there is a direct download there.

I have it installed it again and it works fine. Remember you must already have an API key.

Might want to disable automatic updates, I have some time ago. Actually I like manual better so you can see what is being updated  then check out the addon if you were having trouble.

RE: Weather Underground - Klojum - 2018-06-09

That addon is on our list of banned repos/addons, so kindly refrain from mentioning and/or using it in the future. Thanks Smile

RE: Weather Underground - DarrenHill - 2018-06-09

Phase don't suggest 3rd party addon sources and sites that also peddle banned addons (wiki) and otherwise violate our piracy policy (wiki)