Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: XBMC General Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145
- bluray - 2012-01-10 02:16
bluc Wrote:Done and still playing in xbmcXBMC still didn't see the Playercorefactory.xml then. If you preferred the original userdata, you can delete the latest XBMC folder in roaming and replace it XBMC_orig.
Can you do these for me?
1. got to AppData>Roaming>XBMC>userdata folder
2. right click on Playercorefactory and scroll down to Properties
3. What is listed in front of "Type of file:........"?
- robl45 - 2012-01-10 02:24
bluray Wrote:What are your CPU and GPU?
amd athlon x64 2200+ and gpu is gt430
EDIT: I think I see the problem, xbmc is using 35-50% of the cpu when mpc-hc is playing, shouldn't it be sitting idle?
- bluc - 2012-01-10 02:47
bluray Wrote:XBMC still didn't see the Playercorefactory.xml then. If you preferred the original userdata, you can delete the latest XBMC folder in roaming and replace it XBMC_orig.
Listed as XML document opens with xml editor here is a screenshot http://i975.photobucket.com/albums/ae237/blucmal/properties.jpg
- bluray - 2012-01-10 02:56
robl45 Wrote:amd athlon x64 2200+ and gpu is gt430Unfortunately, that is how it work. I don't know how to set XBMC to idle while external player (MPC-HC) is playback the movie.
Can you set these two to "True":
- bluray - 2012-01-10 03:00
bluc Wrote:Listed as XML document opens with xml editor here is a screenshot http://i975.photobucket.com/albums/ae237/blucmal/properties.jpgGood job, and that is the type of information I need for troubleshooting. I can see the problem now.
Can you remove ".xml" from the end of Playercorefactory? It shouldn't be part of Playercorefactory. XBMC should see it now!
- bluc - 2012-01-10 03:06
If I remove the .xml then it has no file extension and xbmc still does not see it?
- bluray - 2012-01-10 03:16
bluc Wrote:If I remove the .xml then it has no file extension and xbmc still does not see it?Did you remove .xml at the end of Playercorefactory? The xml extension should listed under file "Type" column, and it is not suppose to be part of Playercorefactory name.
Here is what you should see in userdata folder, as you can see there is no .xml after Playercorefactory:
- bluc - 2012-01-10 04:35
oh ok I get what you mean I have turned off "hide file extensions for known file types" in folder view so I can see all file extensions. that is why you can see the file extension. the .xml you can see is the file extension not part of the filename.
- bluray - 2012-01-10 05:11
bluc Wrote:oh ok I get what you mean I have turned off "hide file extensions for known file types" in folder view so I can see all file extensions. that is why you can see the file extension. the .xml you can see is the file extension not part of the filename.Are you still having problem?
If you do, can you do these:
1. Post your roaming>xbmc>userdata folder print screen as I did in here.
2. post your .bat and .xml codes in here. I want to see what is missing in it.
We'll get to the bottom of it!
- robl45 - 2012-01-10 05:27
bluray Wrote:Unfortunately, that is how it work. I don't know how to set XBMC to idle while external player (MPC-HC) is playback the movie.
that looks like it may do it, xbmc was using like 2-3% when set like that, impossible to tell if its right until i hook the computer up to the projector again at 24hz but it looks like it should do the trick.
- bluc - 2012-01-10 05:30
userdata folder http://i975.photobucket.com/albums/ae237/blucmal/userdata.jpg
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filename=".*_3d.iso*" protocols="*_3d.iso*" player="ISO_Player"/>
rem you can place your PlayISO file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
rem you need to put the correct VCDMount drive letter in the command below
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" N:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u
Note My virtual drive is now letter N: I changed it to match the original .bat file you posted.
- bluray - 2012-01-10 06:03
robl45 Wrote:that looks like it may do it, xbmc was using like 2-3% when set like that, impossible to tell if its right until i hook the computer up to the projector again at 24hz but it looks like it should do the trick.It's a long battle, but it's good to know that you have won the fight!
- bluray - 2012-01-10 07:14
bluc Wrote:userdata folder http://i975.photobucket.com/albums/ae237/blucmal/userdata.jpgOkay, let try it again. Do as following:
1. Download these files- Playercorefactory and PlayISO
2. Remove the existing Playercorefactory and PlayISO from your (C:\Users\big mal\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata) folder
3. Place both downloaded Playercorefactory and PlayISO files without any change in your (C:\Users\big mal\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata) folder
4. Double click on the new Playercorefactory to make sure that there is no error. You can close it afterward.
5. Double click on PlayISO, and it should launch TMT5 without playing anything. You can close it afterward.
6. Select one blu-ray 3d ISO movie, and name it "The Dark Knight_3d"- I'm using "The Dark Knight_3d" as an example
7. Right click on the "The Dark Knight_3d", and scroll down to "Mount" and select "Virtual CloneDrive N:"
8. Double click on PlayISO again, and it should launch TMT5 and playback "The Dark Knight_3d" automatically. You can stop the movie and close everything afterward.
9 Right click on the "The Dark Knight_3d" again, and scroll down to "Unmount" to unmount it.
10. Launch XBMC>Videos>Files and select "The Dark Knight_3d". It should playback the movie using TMT5.
- A Murder of Crows - 2012-01-10 10:23
bluray Wrote:There must be something else that is causing it then. TMT5 work fine in all three of my HTPC's and 3 other laptops.
You were right. i found out some very interesting things about my system tonight.
I need a new video card that supports bitstreaming properly. Until then, i have to set my home theater to Direct and set windows to 7.1 speaker setup for my AMD HDMI output.
I was able to watch HD-DVDs properly last night with TMT5, and i'm rather stoked about it. I think i'm going to hold off on doing any more configuration until i get that new video card, as i'm pretty much of the mindset to set it once right and forget it.
- bluc - 2012-01-10 10:58
Bluray I am out at present can't test till late tonight or tomorrow. I will try then post back asap. Thanks for all the help so far!!