Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - jespermart - 2013-02-05

I'm using the files from #1610 and with great succes with BDMV and ISO files where i need the menus for instance on all my BD live concerts and my 3D BD, but would it be possible to make XBMC DVDPlayer the default player for all files and I only select the ISO_BDMV player when needed?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - acejh1987 - 2013-02-05

(2013-02-05, 21:57)jespermart Wrote: I'm using the files from #1610 and with great succes with BDMV and ISO files where i need the menus for instance on all my BD live concerts and my 3D BD, but would it be possible to make XBMC DVDPlayer the default player for all files and I only select the ISO_BDMV player when needed?

You can remove this rule

<rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls" player="ISO_BDMV_Player"/>

XBMC will then use DVDPlayer for BDMV/ISO, you can then use the "Play Using" menu to select ISO_Player when needed.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - jespermart - 2013-02-05

(2013-02-05, 22:03)acejh1987 Wrote:
(2013-02-05, 21:57)jespermart Wrote: I'm using the files from #1610 and with great succes with BDMV and ISO files where i need the menus for instance on all my BD live concerts and my 3D BD, but would it be possible to make XBMC DVDPlayer the default player for all files and I only select the ISO_BDMV player when needed?

You can remove this rule

XBMC will then use DVDPlayer for BDMV/ISO, you can then use the "Play Using" menu to select ISO_Player when needed.
Thank you, now it's perfect

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2013-02-05

(2013-02-05, 22:03)acejh1987 Wrote:

You can remove this rule

Just want to add to acejh comment.....you can simply remove external player rule to make DVDPlayer as a default player. You can select "Default select action- Choose" in XBMC Videos/Files list to get the option to choose media player....

For me, I preferred to leave the rule in it because I get the option to choose media player with the above option anyway....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - jespermart - 2013-02-06

"remove external player rule" and which line in playercorefactory is that?

Sorry for my English

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2013-02-06

(2013-02-06, 00:35)jespermart Wrote: "remove external player rule" and which line in playercorefactory is that?

Sorry for my English
You have to edit playercorefactory.xml and remove this line (<rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls" player="ISO_BDMV_Player"/>) from it to set internal XBMC DVDPlayer as a default player......

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - clovish - 2013-02-07

Please accept my apologies in advance if this has been already answered, but I have searched for several hours in the forum with no success.

I have successfully installed "Raspbmc" in a Raspberry Pi v2 using a 16GB SDHC card and I would like to find out how to:

1) Install VLC, assuming that I have the VLC installer stored in a USB 2.0 thumb drive
2) Configure VLC to auto-launch when I double click on a "DVD_MOVIE.ISO" file

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - nate1280 - 2013-02-07

Just finished getting the external player setup and working for bluray isos, using a custom written c# exe instead of a batch file to handle mounting/powerdvd launching, works great.

My only question is, when I select a bluray iso in XBMC to paly, it comes up with the internal select item to play before it'll launch the external player. Is there any way to change this behavior so it just plays the main title right away?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - baijuxavior - 2013-02-07

^^ I'm also facing the same problem. Clicking the recent movies in the home window will start the external player straightaway, but in library it will show a selection menu. I think it is a problem or feature in xbmc to which there is no solution as far as I know.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - acejh1987 - 2013-02-07

Yes, its a new feature built into XBMC 12, no way to remove it that I know of.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - katak - 2013-02-07

Hello,

I am using xbmc launcher but my bluray disc doesn't launch at all...
I have set all the directories to powerdvd12.

Do you know why nothing happens ?

Kind regards,

Pascal

EDIT: I tried an other code and now it's fine... thnaks for this great job! Bonne continuation Smile

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - andyd - 2013-02-09

Hi I tried using the settings here...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116724&pid=1319232#pid1319232

And while I no longer get the pop up in XBMC asking how to handle blurays, blurays are now auto starting within XBMC

My blurays are folder rips. Could it be that the m2ts files are being picked up and played in xbmc? If so, do I delete the for universal player / m2ts?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - cekkk - 2013-02-09

Hi!
When is used to the xbmc 11, the external players worked, but now I use the 12. Frodo and a The ISO does not work. MKV etc it's god. Why? What has changed?

Code:
<playercorefactory>
    <players>
        <player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
              <args>"{1}"</args>
         <hidexbmc>True</hidexbmc>
          <hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
            <forceontop>false</forceontop>

</player>

<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
          <filename>C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
             <args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>
               <forceontop>true</forceontop>
                 <hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
                   <hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
    </player>

<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe</filename>
               <forceontop>true</forceontop>
    </player>

<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
      <filename>c:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
          <forceontop>false</forceontop>
    </player>    
</players>

<rules action="prepend">
  <!-- Bluray ISO/BDMV -->
<!-- Multiple files -->
<rule filetypes="m2ts|mkv|avi|ts" player="Universal_Player"/>

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule filetypes="bd|ifo" player="Disc_Player"/>
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>

Code:
"c:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" E:
"C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u
GOTO end

:plaympls
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:~1,-25%

"C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" "%pth%" exit
GOTO end

:playbdmv
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\MovieObject.bdmv=%
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%

"C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" %pth% exit
GOTO end

:end
exit

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - acejh1987 - 2013-02-09

(2013-02-09, 12:30)andyd Wrote: Hi I tried using the settings here...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116724&pid=1319232#pid1319232

And while I no longer get the pop up in XBMC asking how to handle blurays, blurays are now auto starting within XBMC

My blurays are folder rips. Could it be that the m2ts files are being picked up and played in xbmc? If so, do I delete the for universal player / m2ts?

The files in that post should work fine, if possible could you post up a logfile when trying to play a Blu-ray file.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - acejh1987 - 2013-02-09

(2013-02-09, 12:41)cekkk Wrote: Hi!
When is used to the xbmc 11, the external players worked, but now I use the 12. Frodo and a The ISO does not work. MKV etc it's god. Why? What has changed?

The player names have to match the player names in the rules

try changing this line

<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">

to

<player name="ISO_BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">

It might just be a typo but your BAT file is missing the first few lines too.