Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - cekkk - 2013-02-09

(2013-02-09, 16:40)acejh1987 Wrote: The only thing I could suggest is maybe try a newer build/version.
I know some of the newer builds include Cinavia, so watch out for those.
The latest version without Cinavia is 5.3.1.146

A few people seem to be complaining about this on the Arcsoft forum, so it looks like a common problem.
Thanks

I can't download this version, can you give a download link me? Blush

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - andyd - 2013-02-09

Did you get a chance to look at the new log? I can't seem to locate any issues.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - acejh1987 - 2013-02-09

Sorry didn't notice the new logfile/problem.

XBMC seems to be sending the correct info to the external player, so it might be the BAT file.

The drive letter should not matter (Yes it should be the letter of you virtual drive), since your rips are in folder format.

If you could close XBMC and try this BAT file, you can save it to the desktop as it will be just for testing purposes -

Test.bat

Code:
Set file="F:\Videos\Movies\Bluray\Braveheart\BDMV\index.bdmv"
Set dummy=%file:iso=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO playiso) ELSE (goto next)

:next
Set file="F:\Videos\Movies\Bluray\Braveheart\BDMV\index.bdmv"
Set dummy=%file:mpls=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO plaympls) ELSE (goto playbdmv)

:playiso
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" J:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u
GOTO end

:plaympls
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:~1,-25%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" "%pth%" exit
GOTO end

:playbdmv
set pth="F:\Videos\Movies\Bluray\Braveheart\BDMV\index.bdmv"
set pth=%pth:BDMV\MovieObject.bdmv=%
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" %pth% exit
GOTO end

:end
exit

If you run this bat file outside of XBMC does the movie work correctly?

Also if you press 'C' on the keyboard and go to "Play Using" what shows as the default player? What happens if you select 'ISO_BDMV_Player' from the Play Using menu, is it any different?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - acejh1987 - 2013-02-09

(2013-02-09, 16:46)cekkk Wrote: I can't download this version, can you give a download link me? Blush

PM sent.

So that bat file works outside of XBMC

Back in XBMC > first launch using play using falls back to XBMC immediately. The second try using play using and selecting ISO_BDMV_Player leads to XBMC opening up the internal box for Bluray playback (selecting movie or menus etc)

Pretty much the experience I'm having without using the play using menu
I compared the two bats and I can't see any difference between the two besides where you define the movie and the original has the wildcard %1

Yes, in that case the BAT file is working fine (There was no difference %1 is what XBMC sends to the batch file so I had to define it to test)

Looking at the logfile it seems like for some reason that the batch file is not getting launched.

Just check that the following path is correct and that the batch file is named correctly (It might be case sensitive)

C:\Users\Andy D\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat

If it is correct try copying the PlayISO.bat to your desktop and changing the path in playercorefactory.xml to the desktop and see it it make a difference.

Got it! Wrong username. Doh!!!

But I'm having major issues with playback. I'll have to figure this one out

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Josruu - 2013-02-09

The 3d movies are ISO files. Tried using Power DVD 12 and the 2 I have tested that I know XBMC didnt play worked fine in Power DVD.
Ill open a new thread about the problem.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - cekkk - 2013-02-09

(2013-02-09, 16:40)acejh1987 Wrote: The latest version without Cinavia is 5.3.1.146

This is not good. Sad I am trying other version for example .172 I hope It will be working Big Grin

acejh1987 - thanks again for your help and sorry for the bonehead mistake. I had completely forgot that I wasn't using that username anymore and it's been a while since I've tried bluray playback even before Frodo

Anyway, should I still expect XBMC's pop up box on how to handle blurays? If I select bluray menus, it will properly launch TMT. While not a big deal, I don't think I need the menu to ever pop up. If I didn't want the menus I would just convert the bluray to mkv

Yes, it a new feature in Frodo, the internal player can now play some Blu-ray menus, hence the new pop up menu, it also allows playlist selection for the internal player, previously not possible in Eden.

Of course none of this is needed when using an external player, but unfortunately there is no where of disabling the pop up menu.

By the way you can choose any of the options on the popup menu and it will still launch TMT correctly and play the full BD, you don't have to go down and choose Blu-ray menus ( you can choose any of the main movie tracks to save time)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Vin Petrol - 2013-02-10

My xbmc used to open bluray iso's with tmt5 but since upgrading to frodo it no longer does, it tries to play through xbmc, tmt5 doesnt even open.
I think you fixed it for me last time ace, any chance of helping out again Huh

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Diesel\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>

</player>
<player name="BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filetypes="iso" player="ISO_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filetypes="bdmv" player="BDMV_Player"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - andyd - 2013-02-10

(2013-02-09, 19:43)acejh1987 Wrote: Yes, it a new feature in Frodo, the internal player can now play some Blu-ray menus, hence the new pop up menu, it also allows playlist selection for the internal player, previously not possible in Eden.

Of course none of this is needed when using an external player, but unfortunately there is no where of disabling the pop up menu.

By the way you can choose any of the options on the popup menu and it will still launch TMT correctly and play the full BD, you don't have to go down and choose Blu-ray menus ( you can choose any of the main movie tracks to save time)

Good to know thanks! That worked

Though it's sort of weird that they didn't include an option to disable that dialog box.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - deadspeak - 2013-02-10

[/quote]

(2013-02-05, 04:28)bluray Wrote:
(2013-02-05, 02:14)deadspeak Wrote: Still not getting this to work. screen flickers and option box comes up sayin when finished playing press ok, but nothing else.
Did you try the codes in post #1610? You can re-verify the playerfactory and playiso codes to make sure that there is letter left out in the code. When copy and paste the code, the letter can be easily left out...

If you haven't enable "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC video output, you need to enable it.....

i hve enabled "use full screen window rather than trus fullscreen"

And these are my codes.

Playiso.bat

Set file=%1

Set file=%1

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" E:
GOTO end

set pth=%1

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" "%pth%" exit
GOTO end

set pth=%1

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" %pth% exit
GOTO end

exit

playercorefactory.xml

<player name="ISO_BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>True</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>

</player>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>D:\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO/BDMV -->
<rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls" player="ISO_BDMV_Player"/>
<!-- Multiple files -->
<rule filetypes="m2ts|mkv|avi|ts" player="Universal_Player"/>

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule filetypes="bd|ifo" player="Disc_Player"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

playdisk.bat

@echo off
rem you can place your PlayDisc file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" E:

If i double click on the play disk.bat manually then my external player opens if i try it with the playiso, i get a dialod box pop up quickly and then disapear then nothing.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for the help.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - acejh1987 - 2013-02-10

(2013-02-10, 00:54)Vin Petrol Wrote: My xbmc used to open bluray iso's with tmt5 but since upgrading to frodo it no longer does, it tries to play through xbmc, tmt5 doesnt even open.
I think you fixed it for me last time ace, any chance of helping out again Huh

If you need ISO and BDMV folders in Frodo use the following for playercorefactory.xml and PlayISO.bat

Make sure all the paths highlighted in blue are correct to match your system and make sure the drive letter highlighted red matches the drive letter of your virtual drive.

Playercorefactory.xml

<playercorefactory>
<players>

<player name="ISO_BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Diesel\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>

</players>

<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO/BDMV -->
<rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls" player="ISO_BDMV_Player"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayISO.bat

Set file=%1

Set file=%1

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" D:
GOTO end

set pth=%1

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" "%pth%" exit
GOTO end

set pth=%1

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" %pth% exit
GOTO end

exit