Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - acejh1987 - 2013-03-09

(2013-03-09, 01:11)pollux45 Wrote: Hi Bluray,

I've checked what you've replied but unfotunately, this option was already checked within my configuration and was already included within the log file I've posted already.

So, if you have another idea, I would appreciate as PowerDVD is launching but the image is not mounted and myVCD drive is empty.

Thanks

This can be a problem with PowerDVD 12, what happens is PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe actually launches another exe (PowerDVD12.exe) and then closes, this fools the batch file into thinking PowerDVD is closed and it carries on with the next line of the batch file, which then unmounts the image.

Try adding this

Code:
:open
tasklist /fi "imagename eq powerdvd12.exe" | find /i "powerdvd12.exe"> NUL
if /i %errorlevel% EQU 0 goto open

after the following line (In the playiso section)

Code:
"C:\Program Files\Cyberlink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" I:

See if that helps at all.

The logfile looks good, XBMC is doing everything as it should.

Do you have the same problem if you open the context menu (Press C on keyboard and go to "Play Using.." and select 'ISO_BDMV_Player'

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - shiny shoes - 2013-03-09

What should I do if I just want to load a bluray folder (bdmv, certificate, .inf) with powerdvd12 in xbmc 12?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - pollux45 - 2013-03-11

@ Acejh1987

Thanks a lot for you reply.

I've tried what you said and it's working perfectly, now.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - nanohits - 2013-03-11

I have all this working properly now with TMT5 and Frodo, one problem is as soon as TMT5 launches my remote doesnt work anymore. Any ideas on this? The remote I am using is this:
http://www.pulse-eight.com/store/products/96-motorola-nyxboard-remote-designed-for-xbmc.aspx

Thanks a lot.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - wiggo - 2013-03-12

Hi All

I've just finished watching a clip on youtube and was fascinated by how he managed to get 3D Blu Rays to play via TMT.

I did a search and saw this post, the problem I have, is that I don't want to watch all Media via TMT, just 3D Isos.

If possible, can someone explain to me how I would do this please?

Many thanks

Wiggo

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - diverdiner - 2013-03-13

Just want to say thank you for the bat/xml update to work for frodo.
Works fine as it is for TMT5 and MPC-HC.

The only thing that annoys me is the frodo blueray menu "Select playback item" that pops up everytime i select a movie to play and I have to select one of the file to send to the bat processing. It blocks out the nice fanart.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - pollux45 - 2013-03-13

@ Acejh1987

In writting to you as you've already help me to solve my issue with mounting bluray iso files and reading them through Powerdvd 12.

The new problem I have is I can not achieve to get bluray folders played through powerdvd; I've seen an another thread that this issue is known and due to the path of the index.bdmv file that as to be short.

Could you help me with me modification that I have to do on my Playiso.bat file (it's the one I've posted plus the modification you've asked me to do for iso file with PowerDVD12) ?

If you need anything else as the log file, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your help and support.

Best

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - acejh1987 - 2013-03-13

(2013-03-13, 19:26)pollux45 Wrote: @ Acejh1987

In writting to you as you've already help me to solve my issue with mounting bluray iso files and reading them through Powerdvd 12.

The new problem I have is I can not achieve to get bluray folders played through powerdvd; I've seen an another thread that this issue is known and due to the path of the index.bdmv file that as to be short.

Could you help me with me modification that I have to do on my Playiso.bat file (it's the one I've posted plus the modification you've asked me to do for iso file with PowerDVD12) ?

If you need anything else as the log file, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your help and support.

Best

I could never get PowerDVD 12 to work as an external player with BD Folders (I used the trial)
I believe this is a problem with PowerDVD 12, the command line for BD folders just doesn't seem to work.

Best thing to do is to pick a movie and create a test batch file outside of XBMC and see if works, here is an example

Code:
"C:\Program Files\Cyberlink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe"  AUTOPLAY  "F:\Avatar\BDMV\index.bdmv"

Change the movie path to match one of your BD folders and save the file to the desktop as test.bat and run it.

According to Cyberlink that is how you launch a BD Folder from the command line (Taken from the support forum)

If that doesn't work then I recommend you talk to Cyberlink support or post on the support forum and see what they say, hopefully they will fix the issue or provide the correct command line arguments, although I wouldn't carry too much hope as this feature is not officially supported.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - pollux45 - 2013-03-14

Hi Ace,

Thanks for your reply. I will try during the week-end and let you know.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - corpgator - 2013-03-16

The first post mentions FFDShow for bitstreaming, but you'd get better results with lav audio and reclock.

After hours of trial and error, I think I found why some people can't play isos. For the playiso section of the .bat file, it includes an unmount command. On my system, that means it mounts the file, TMT5 is loaded, but it immediately unmounts the file before TMT5 even gets through its splash screen. Once I deleted that line, everything worked fine.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - wiggo - 2013-03-16

Any help at all please guys?

I would really appreciate it.

Wiggo

Edit: I'd be willing to pay someone for their time to help me.

Whatever info you would need (TMT location on HDD and so on), I'd be able to provide.

(2013-03-12, 00:01)wiggo Wrote: Hi All

I've just finished watching a clip on youtube and was fascinated by how he managed to get 3D Blu Rays to play via TMT.

I did a search and saw this post, the problem I have, is that I don't want to watch all Media via TMT, just 3D Isos.

Many thanks

Wiggo

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - x400 - 2013-03-16

FIXED GOOD TO GO -Disregard msg-

thanks all

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - fixodent6 - 2013-03-16

(2013-03-11, 01:22)nanohits Wrote: I have all this working properly now with TMT5 and Frodo, one problem is as soon as TMT5 launches my remote doesnt work anymore. Any ideas on this? The remote I am using is this:
http://www.pulse-eight.com/store/products/96-motorola-nyxboard-remote-designed-for-xbmc.aspx

Thanks a lot.

I have the same issue and I am using a MCE remote. The driver shows up as an ehome driver.??

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - acejh1987 - 2013-03-16

(2013-03-12, 00:01)wiggo Wrote: Hi All

Many thanks

Wiggo

First thing you will need to do is make sure your 3D ISO's are named in a way that distinguishes them from 2D ISO's

For Example add "_3D" to the end of the file name -

Now you will need this as the contents of your playercorefactory.xml

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="3DISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Wiggo\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
</player>

</players>

<rules action="prepend">

<rule filetypes="iso|mpls|bdmv" filename=".*_3D.*" player="3DISO_Player"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Make sure the path highlighted in red is correct for your system

Next use the following for your PlayISO.bat

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" F:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u

Again make sure the paths hightlighted in red match your system and make sure the drive letter highlighted in blue is correct for your Virtual Drive.

X400 - What external player are you using?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - wiggo - 2013-03-16

Hi acejh1987

Edit: I got it working. I thought part of the xml file had to have the name of the media player.

Fantastic job mate. Really appreciate it.

Wiggo