Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - xxfury2xx - 2013-03-23

I'm having several issues with trying to get this to work, so I was hoping that I could get some help.

1. When an external player launches I get a tapping sound, like wiggo described earlier in the thread.
I already tried switching from direct sound to WASAPI, but when I make the switch I get no audio whatsoever. I made sure I have the correct drivers (not microsoft ones) and went into sound settings in windows to make sure everything was setup right. This started with Frodo, as this issue didn't exist with Eden.

2. When XBMC launches TMT 5 I get no audio, while video works fine
If I start up TMT 5 manually then everything works as it should.

3. ISOs don't start up.
While BDMVs work (without audio when launched from XBMC), if I select an ISO then TMT 5 launches and it just stops at the screen where I can select the current ISO or the last played item with my mouse. It doesn't automatically start playing. I can see that Virtual Clone has mounted the ISO.

These are my problems so far. I would greatly appreciate any help.

My setup:
HTPC (core i5 3570k-HD4000)--->TV with HDMI---->PC speakers with 3.5mm jack

I used the three files (playercorefactory, playdisc, playiso) from the first page. I made no changes to them, other than changing the username from "Dell" to mine.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - a8FTW - 2013-03-24

You could try this.

http://www.bill2-software.com/processmanager/download-en.shtml

Create a rule for TMT5 to kill XBMC on startup.

Create a rule for XBMC to kill TMT5 on startup.

Make sure your Autoplay settings in windows point to TMT5.
Make sure Autoplay is selected in TMT5 and select which numbered drive.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2013-03-24

(2013-03-23, 16:54)xxfury2xx Wrote: I'm having several issues with trying to get this to work, so I was hoping that I could get some help.

1. When an external player launches I get a tapping sound, like wiggo described earlier in the thread.
I already tried switching from direct sound to WASAPI, but when I make the switch I get no audio whatsoever. I made sure I have the correct drivers (not microsoft ones) and went into sound settings in windows to make sure everything was setup right. This started with Frodo, as this issue didn't exist with Eden.

2. When XBMC launches TMT 5 I get no audio, while video works fine
If I start up TMT 5 manually then everything works as it should.

3. ISOs don't start up.
While BDMVs work (without audio when launched from XBMC), if I select an ISO then TMT 5 launches and it just stops at the screen where I can select the current ISO or the last played item with my mouse. It doesn't automatically start playing. I can see that Virtual Clone has mounted the ISO.

These are my problems so far. I would greatly appreciate any help.

My setup:
HTPC (core i5 3570k-HD4000)--->TV with HDMI---->PC speakers with 3.5mm jack

I used the three files (playercorefactory, playdisc, playiso) from the first page. I made no changes to them, other than changing the username from "Dell" to mine.
Frodo is very picky with Audio Output configurations. Your Frodo audio output should look very similar to my screenshot below (if DirectSound is making clicking noises, you an use Wasapi instead). You can find more tips on Frodo audio in this thread- Simplify XBMC configurations......

Are your BD-ROM drive and VCD drive the same as what listed playdisc and playiso?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - a8FTW - 2013-03-24

(2013-03-23, 16:54)xxfury2xx Wrote: 3. ISOs don't start up.

PlayISO.bat (opens TMT5)
"C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" D:
"C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u

letter marked in red should match your Virtual drive letter in my computer.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - xxfury2xx - 2013-03-24

Issues 2 and 3 have been taken care of. I forgot to change the drive letter for the virtual drive as well as my blu-ray drive in the playdisc file and playiso file. Feeling pretty dumb about that one.

The last issue is that tapping sound when TMT5 or any other external player is launched. I setup everything in audio output to look exactly like the screenshot bluray posted. I tried both directsound and WASAPI and that damned tapping sound always pops up, ruining the viewing experience. Any other way to try and troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks for all of your help so far guys, I really appreciate it! Smile

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - andcbii - 2013-03-24

(2013-03-24, 06:41)xxfury2xx Wrote: Issues 2 and 3 have been taken care of. I forgot to change the drive letter for the virtual drive as well as my blu-ray drive in the playdisc file and playiso file. Feeling pretty dumb about that one.

The last issue is that tapping sound when TMT5 or any other external player is launched. I setup everything in audio output to look exactly like the screenshot bluray posted. I tried both directsound and WASAPI and that damned tapping sound always pops up, ruining the viewing experience. Any other way to try and troubleshoot this issue?

I had the same problem with the clicking. I set the play GUI settings to never and it worked. I no longer get the clicking while navigating though =(

I have DVDs and Blu-rays ripped as ISOs. Is there anyway to get the external player to launch only for Blu-rays? Side note with ISO files is there any way to get the HD SD tags to populate with out actually playing the video fist?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - corpgator - 2013-03-24

It's a bug with 12.1 not releasing audio as it should. With directsound it may, but with WASAPI it does not. I have submitted a ticket for it to be fixed.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - wingnut32 - 2013-03-24

(2013-03-16, 18:27)acejh1987 Wrote:
(2013-03-12, 00:01)wiggo Wrote: Hi All

I've just finished watching a clip on youtube and was fascinated by how he managed to get 3D Blu Rays to play via TMT.

I did a search and saw this post, the problem I have, is that I don't want to watch all Media via TMT, just 3D Isos.

If possible, can someone explain to me how I would do this please?

Many thanks

Wiggo

First thing you will need to do is make sure your 3D ISO's are named in a way that distinguishes them from 2D ISO's

For Example add "_3D" to the end of the file name -

Now you will need this as the contents of your playercorefactory.xml

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="3DISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Wiggo\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
</player>

</players>

<rules action="prepend">

<rule filetypes="iso|mpls|bdmv" filename=".*_3D.*" player="3DISO_Player"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Make sure the path highlighted in red is correct for your system

Next use the following for your PlayISO.bat

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" F:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u

Again make sure the paths hightlighted in red match your system and make sure the drive letter highlighted in blue is correct for your Virtual Drive.

X400 - What external player are you using?

Im a total noob at this. I have followed these instructions and it doesnt work. I have both the playcore and playiso files in the userdata folder is this right? Also I renamed two of the 3d iso's as instructed and now xbmc doesnt recognize one of them in my movies folder and the other has lost its fanart. Can you help me.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2013-03-24

(2013-03-24, 06:41)xxfury2xx Wrote: The last issue is that tapping sound when TMT5 or any other external player is launched. I setup everything in audio output to look exactly like the screenshot bluray posted. I tried both directsound and WASAPI and that damned tapping sound always pops up, ruining the viewing experience. Any other way to try and troubleshoot this issue?

My desktop is connected to PC speakers using 3.5mm jack too, and it works great using Realtek and the entire Frodo configures are shown in my screenshot below. I preferred to have GUI sound during navigation, and there is no clicking noise with the configures below. My other 3.1 and 7.2 systems have no clicking noise using WASAPI either...

(2013-03-24, 21:12)wingnut32 Wrote: Im a total noob at this. I have followed these instructions and it doesnt work. I have both the playcore and playiso files in the userdata folder is this right? Also I renamed two of the 3d iso's as instructed and now xbmc doesnt recognize one of them in my movies folder and the other has lost its fanart. Can you help me.
You can try to download playercorefactory and playiso files in the first page, and do as following-

1. save both playercorefactory and playiso files in \AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata folder
2. make sure that the available VCD drive on your HTPC in playiso is correct
3. replace the standard rule in playercorefactory with this rule- <rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls" filename=".*3d." player="ISO_Player"/>
4. name ISO movie as this- Avatar 3d (3d in the name is case sensitive)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - PVRfreak - 2013-03-25

(2013-03-24, 07:57)corpgator Wrote: It's a bug with 12.1 not releasing audio as it should. With directsound it may, but with WASAPI it does not. I have submitted a ticket for it to be fixed.

You seem to be right. I think this is a critical bug for those using external player and audio passthrough to AVR. In my setup (Frodo 12.1, WASAPI, 5.1, HD5450, ATI 13.1, HDMI, Onkyo AVR,) clicking noise totally ruins TMT 5 and it crashes hopelessly if starts at all. I had no other option but downgrade to Frodo 12.0.

Do you have any idea, when and how this could be fixed? I'm asking, because personally I'm not very comfortable with nightlies and I'm totally clueless how to follow up this kind of bug fixing process. What is the ticket number you submitted?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - jespermart - 2013-03-25

(2013-03-25, 08:34)PVRfreak Wrote:
(2013-03-24, 07:57)corpgator Wrote: It's a bug with 12.1 not releasing audio as it should. With directsound it may, but with WASAPI it does not. I have submitted a ticket for it to be fixed.

You seem to be right. I think this is a critical bug for those using external player and audio passthrough to AVR. In my setup (Frodo 12.1, WASAPI, 5.1, HD5450, ATI 13.1, HDMI, Onkyo AVR,) clicking noise totally ruins TMT 5 and it crashes hopelessly if starts at all. I had no other option but downgrade to Frodo 12.0.

Do you have any idea, when and how this could be fixed? I'm asking, because personally I'm not very comfortable with nightlies and I'm totally clueless how to follow up this kind of bug fixing process. What is the ticket number you submitted?

Same problem here, also had to go back to Frodo 12

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - jespermart - 2013-03-25

Has anyone been able to launch TMT 6 via the playercorefactory settings posted in #1610, because i cant get it to work

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2013-03-25

(2013-03-25, 18:27)jespermart Wrote: Has anyone been able to launch TMT 6 via the playercorefactory settings posted in #1610, because i cant get it to work
Yes, it works fine on 5 computers (desktops/laptops/all-in-one) I have at home. You can try to download the codes from the first page instead, and it is the same codes as in post #1610. Then do as following-

1. save all files in \AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata folder
2. make sure to replace login user in playercorefactory to login user in your HTPC
3. make sure that the available VCD drive on your HTPC in playiso is correct
4. make sure that the BD-ROM is correct in playdisc

(2013-03-25, 18:55)bluray Wrote:
(2013-03-25, 18:27)jespermart Wrote: Has anyone been able to launch TMT 6 via the playercorefactory settings posted in #1610, because i cant get it to work
Yes, it works fine on 5 computers (desktops/laptops/all-in-one) I have at home. You can try to download the codes from the first page instead, and it is the same codes as in post #1610. Then do as following-

1. save all files in \AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata folder
2. make sure to replace login user in playercorefactory to login user in your HTPC
3. make sure that the available VCD drive on your HTPC in playiso is correct
4. make sure that the BD-ROM is correct in playdisc

I forgot to mention, that TMT 5.3 works without any issues with the codes from #1610, but as soon as i replace the 5.3 exe with the 6.0 exe I only get to the TMT 6.0 front screen but the playback don't start