Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2013-03-25

(2013-03-25, 19:24)jespermart Wrote: I forgot to mention, that TMT 5.3 works without any issues with the codes from #1610, but as soon as i replace the 5.3 exe with the 6.0 exe I only get to the TMT 6.0 front screen but the playback don't start
Sorry, I don't have TMT 6.0 to verify it for you....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - wingnut32 - 2013-03-25

(2013-03-24, 22:13)bluray Wrote:
(2013-03-24, 21:12)wingnut32 Wrote: Im a total noob at this. I have followed these instructions and it doesnt work. I have both the playcore and playiso files in the userdata folder is this right? Also I renamed two of the 3d iso's as instructed and now xbmc doesnt recognize one of them in my movies folder and the other has lost its fanart. Can you help me.
You can try to download playercorefactory and playiso files in the first page, and do as following-

1. save both playercorefactory and playiso files in \AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata folder
2. make sure that the available VCD drive on your HTPC in playiso is correct
3. replace the standard rule in playercorefactory with this rule- <rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls" filename=".*3d." player="ISO_Player"/>
4. name ISO movie as this- Avatar 3d (3d in the name is case sensitive)

Still wont work, stumped. Sad

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2013-03-25

(2013-03-25, 21:52)wingnut32 Wrote:
(2013-03-24, 22:13)bluray Wrote:
(2013-03-24, 21:12)wingnut32 Wrote: Im a total noob at this. I have followed these instructions and it doesnt work. I have both the playcore and playiso files in the userdata folder is this right? Also I renamed two of the 3d iso's as instructed and now xbmc doesnt recognize one of them in my movies folder and the other has lost its fanart. Can you help me.
You can try to download playercorefactory and playiso files in the first page, and do as following-

1. save both playercorefactory and playiso files in \AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata folder
3. replace the standard rule in playercorefactory with this rule- <rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls" filename=".*3d." player="ISO_Player"/>

When you click "let say, Avatar 3d" through Frodo movie library, what happen?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - wingnut32 - 2013-03-25

(2013-03-25, 23:16)bluray Wrote:
(2013-03-25, 21:52)wingnut32 Wrote:
(2013-03-24, 22:13)bluray Wrote: You can try to download playercorefactory and playiso files in the first page, and do as following-

It plays with the xbmc player.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2013-03-26

(2013-03-25, 23:48)wingnut32 Wrote:
(2013-03-25, 23:16)bluray Wrote:
(2013-03-25, 21:52)wingnut32 Wrote: Still wont work, stumped. Sad

Are you sure you places both playercorefactory.xml and playiso.bat files in \AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata folder? When you double click playercorefactor.xml, do see codes display on Internet Explorer? When you right click on blu-ray 3d movie and select playiso.bat, does it playback movie? Did you make sure that Avatar 3d blu-ray file is name Avatar 3d?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - wingnut32 - 2013-03-26

(2013-03-26, 00:18)bluray Wrote:
(2013-03-25, 23:48)wingnut32 Wrote:
(2013-03-25, 23:16)bluray Wrote: When you click "let say, Avatar 3d" through Frodo movie library, what happen?

Are you sure you places both playercorefactory.xml and playiso.bat files in \AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata folder? When you double click playercorefactor.xml, do see codes display on Internet Explorer? When you right click on blu-ray 3d movie and select playiso.bat, does it playback movie? Did you make sure that Avatar 3d blu-ray file is name Avatar 3d?

Hey, thanks for your patience with me. When I click the playcore file it does bring up the codes in IE. When i select the playiso file it starts tmt6 and plays the movie in 3d. Those files are in the userdata folder so I missing something else?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - xxfury2xx - 2013-03-26

(2013-03-24, 07:46)andcbii Wrote:
(2013-03-24, 06:41)xxfury2xx Wrote: Issues 2 and 3 have been taken care of. I forgot to change the drive letter for the virtual drive as well as my blu-ray drive in the playdisc file and playiso file. Feeling pretty dumb about that one.

The last issue is that tapping sound when TMT5 or any other external player is launched. I setup everything in audio output to look exactly like the screenshot bluray posted. I tried both directsound and WASAPI and that damned tapping sound always pops up, ruining the viewing experience. Any other way to try and troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks for all of your help so far guys, I really appreciate it! Smile

I had the same problem with the clicking. I set the play GUI settings to never and it worked. I no longer get the clicking while navigating though =(

I have DVDs and Blu-rays ripped as ISOs. Is there anyway to get the external player to launch only for Blu-rays? Side note with ISO files is there any way to get the HD SD tags to populate with out actually playing the video fist?
Turning off GUI sounds fixed my problem!!! Thank you so much! I no longer get that damn tapping sound. Big Grin

I do have some more questions, though. I would like to have this kind of setup, but I'm not sure how to modify the playercorefactory settings.

TMT5 for BDMV and Blu-Ray ISOs
VLC for .ts and .mpg
XBMC for everything else

Also, how can I get TMT 5 to automatically close once a video or blu-ray iso is done playing?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - wiggo - 2013-03-26

To stop the clicking noise on Frodo 12.1, will I need to delete everything to ensure it doesn't happen at all before reinstalling Frodo 12?

Many thanks

Wiggo

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2013-03-26

(2013-03-26, 03:00)xxfury2xx Wrote: Turning off GUI sounds fixed my problem!!! Thank you so much! I no longer get that damn tapping sound. Big Grin
I'm glad that you stopped the clicking noises by disabled GUI sound. For me and many others, we preferred GUI sound and WASAPI option stopped clicking noises.

(2013-03-26, 03:00)xxfury2xx Wrote: I do have some more questions, though. I would like to have this kind of setup, but I'm not sure how to modify the playercorefactory settings.

TMT5 for BDMV and Blu-Ray ISOs
The playercorefactory and playiso files in the first page should work.

(2013-03-26, 03:00)xxfury2xx Wrote: for .ts and .mpg
XBMC for everything else

Also, how can I get TMT 5 to automatically close once a video or blu-ray iso is done playing?
You have to add another block of codes below to the existing playercorefactory, and replace TMT5 with VLC. You need to insert the rules below in the rule section too (if ts is listed in universal_player rule, you can remove it).

</player>
<player name="VLC_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>True</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>

<rule filetypes="ts|mpg" player="VLC_Player"/>

(2013-03-26, 01:19)wingnut32 Wrote:
(2013-03-26, 00:18)bluray Wrote:
(2013-03-25, 23:48)wingnut32 Wrote: It plays with the xbmc player.

Hey, thanks for your patience with me. When I click the playcore file it does bring up the codes in IE. When i select the playiso file it starts tmt6 and plays the movie in 3d. Those files are in the userdata folder so I missing something else?
At least, the files are okay. Is the user name in this line "C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat" correct? I generated the codes from Dell, and your user name might not be Dell....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - acejh1987 - 2013-03-26

(2013-03-25, 19:24)jespermart Wrote: I forgot to mention, that TMT 5.3 works without any issues with the codes from #1610, but as soon as i replace the 5.3 exe with the 6.0 exe I only get to the TMT 6.0 front screen but the playback don't start

TMT6 works fine for me.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - wiggo - 2013-03-26

Sorry to ask the same question again, but once I press "O" to stop playback on TMT6, what can I do to go back to XBMC without having to press Alt+F4?

Plus, I downgraded to Frodo 12 to eliminate the tapping sound, but it is still there. Do I need to delete the "User Profile" too and do a clean install?

Any help would be appreciated.

Wiggo

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - jespermart - 2013-03-26

(2013-03-26, 13:39)acejh1987 Wrote:

TMT6 works fine for me.
Are you using the PlayISO.bat from #1610 or the PlayISO.bat from the first post?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Danylo - 2013-03-26

(2013-03-26, 18:25)jespermart Wrote:

TMT6 works fine for me.
Are you using the PlayISO.bat from #1610 or the PlayISO.bat from the first post?

Hello

I'm from Germany and I hope my english is good enough Wink
I use this simple code with TMT 6
it works well with Frodo 12 (not 12.1) new relase new problems.
I think XBMC is just for nerds not for people who actually want to watch only movies! Cool

I look so bluray iso including 3d and bluray drive with Bluray

my iso files have the names. bluray. in the name.
Example: avatar.3d.bluray.iso!

Make sure the path highlighted in red is correct for your system!!!!!!!!!!

<playercorefactory>
<players>

<player name="uMCEPlayer6" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Usersbat\Luncher.cmd</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<playcountminimumtime>3600</playcountminimumtime>
</player>
</players>

<!-- REGELN -->

<rules action="prepend">

<rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls" filename=".*bluray.*" player="uMCEPlayer6"/>
<rule name="Blu-Ray" protocols="bd" player="uMCEPlayer6"/>
<rule filetypes="bdmv" filename=".*bdmv" player="uMCEPlayer6"/>
<rule filetypes="bdmv" filename=".*m2ts" player="uMCEPlayer6"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

and Luncher.cmd ( Create with editor )

@echo off
set ext=%1
set ext=%ext:"=%
set ext=%ext:~-4%
if %ext%==.iso goto iso
if %ext%==bdmv goto disk
if %ext%==.ifo goto disk
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer6.exe" %1
goto end
:iso
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
ping -n 2 -w 1100 127.0.0.1 > nul
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer6.exe" H:\
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u
Set ProcessName=uMCEPlayer6
Confusedearch
TaskList /FI "ImageName EQ %ProcessName%" | Find /I "%ProcessName%"
If %ErrorLevel%==0 ping localhost&&goto Confusedearch

goto end
:disk
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer6.exe" AUTOPLAY BD %1
goto end

rem #########################################################################

:System

%1
goto end

rem #########################################################################

:end
exit

i hope it works for you also Big Grin

Daniel

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - acejh1987 - 2013-03-26

TMT6 works fine for me.

I'm using #1610 with TMT6 path instead of TMT5.

TMT6 works fine for me.
I uploaded the same file....