Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - brazen1 - 2013-11-08

TMT will only output audio to what Windows 7 is set at. Any idea why? XBMC playback correctly uses SPDIF Wasapi even though my W7 default is set to HDMI to my 2nd pc monitor. I select SPDIF in TMT and get no audio. If I set W7 to SPDIF, TMT SPDIF audio works. I don't want to manually change the W7 default back and forth before and after playing a movie. My receiver has no HDMI so I'm using SPDIF. This happens using TMT with or without XBMC.

(edit)
I found a 3rd party app that automates the switching and applied it to switch when TMT is opened and switch back when TMT is closed.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - andcbii - 2013-11-18

cann't get this to work an a new windows 7 64 bit pc. Here is what i'm using...

Saved under:
C:\Users\andrew\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata

PlayBDMV:
Code:
@echo off
rem you can place your PlayBDMV file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%
"%ProgramFiles(x86)%\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" %pth% exit

PlayDisc:
Code:
@echo off
rem you can place your PlayDisc file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\

"%Program Files (x86)%\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" F:

playercorefactory
Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
<player name="BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filetypes="iso" player="ISO_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filetypes="bdmv" player="BDMV_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule filetypes="bd" player="Disc_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayISO
Code:
@echo off
rem you can place your PlayISO file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
rem you need to put the correct VCDMount drive letter in the command below

"%Program Files (x86)%\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"%Program Files (x86)%\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" F:
"%Program Files (x86)%\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u

When i go to play a DVD play xbmc acts like like normal(doesn't even open tmt5).

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - acejh1987 - 2013-11-19

andcbii - You will need to use one batch file and rule for both BDMV/ISO, instead of separate batch files and rules.
Download the newer files near the bottom of the first post in this thread (under TMT5 and PowerDVD11 codes) and edit them to match your system.

Edit - These are the files you will need (taken from first post)
Playercorefactory, PlayISO & PlayDisc.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - brazen1 - 2013-11-22

"VCDMount - Can't mount nfs://xxxx" (Only on client pc's)

I'm using W7 with Hanewin NFS serving up other W7 & W8.1 client pc's.
On the W7 Hanewin Server, I'm able to use an external player and play the native iso files with no problems using the methods here but these are just mounted directly from the hdd shares in XBMC.
On the client pc's, the NFS shares from Hanewin work within XBMC Gotham perfectly until I try to use an external player.
That's when I get the error.
I don't know what component needs to be altered?
Hoping someone can help me.

Code:
Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:iso=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO playiso) ELSE (goto next)

:next
Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:mpls=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO plaympls) ELSE (goto playbdmv)

:playiso
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uTotalMediaTheatre6.exe" D:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u
GOTO end

:plaympls
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:~1,-25%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uTotalMediaTheatre6.exe" "%pth%" exit
GOTO end

:playbdmv
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\MovieObject.bdmv=%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uTotalMediaTheatre6.exe" %pth% exit
GOTO end

:end
exit
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\DAN\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>True</hidexbmc>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>

</player>
<filename>C:\Users\DAN\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uTotalMediaTheatre6.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" </args>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO/BDMV -->
<rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls" filename=".*3D.*" player="ISO_BDMV_Player"/>
<!-- Multiple files -->
<rule filetypes="m2ts" player="Universal_Player"/>

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule filetypes="bd|ifo" player="Disc_Player"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Code:
@echo off
rem you can place your PlayDisc file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uTotalMediaTheatre6.exe" D:

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Batiatus - 2013-11-25

OK I am officially stumped. Used to have everything running fine with a demo version of PowerDVD13 but now that I have the full version VCD won't mount the .ISO. Everything in all files is correct to the directories and drives. Trying to get this to work on 2 different HTPC's both running Windows 8.1 and Frodo 12.0. Anyone else having this issue and found the solution?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - brazen1 - 2013-11-25

Batiatus:

Make sure your path is exactly C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\Movie\PowerDVD Cinema\PowerDVDCinema13.exe

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Batiatus - 2013-11-26

(2013-11-25, 16:30)brazen1 Wrote: Batiatus:

Make sure your path is exactly C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\Movie\PowerDVD Cinema\PowerDVDCinema13.exe

Oh, that's not how it worked before. I will give it a try.

FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC! It works! Thank you!!!

Third edit: Now I'm trying to get PowerDVD13 to launch without any on-screen displays at all, plus sorting out the keyboard commands to program into my remote. For the OSD I'm not sure what to tweak in the code and for the commands what I can't find is how to shut-down the program if I want to stop the movie and return to XBMC without having to hit escape and manually closing PowerDVD. Again all help is appreciated!

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - brazen1 - 2013-11-26

Batiatus:

Launch PDVD in Cinema mode & add Alt+F4 assigned to mce keyboard as exit button in XBMC activity if you use a harmony. XBMC and PDVD remote control button mapping took a special blend of Windows Media Center SE & Windows Media Center keyboard so the buttons worked in both at the same time.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - greetoz - 2013-11-26

I am using XBMC 12.0 (as people here said 12.2 does not work). and TMT6.5 on windows 8.1.

When selecting an iso or bdmv folder tmt starts up fine and plays the movie with DTS, Dolby etc. But when i close TMT and it switches back to XBMC the sound switches to Cinema PLII and not Stereo ( i see this on my denon x4000 display), When i select an MKV it does not switch audio anymore and XBMC crashes. I am using direct sound via HDMI.

any ideas?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Batiatus - 2013-11-26

(2013-11-26, 03:13)brazen1 Wrote: Batiatus:

Launch PDVD in Cinema mode & add Alt+F4 assigned to mce keyboard as exit button in XBMC activity if you use a harmony. XBMC and PDVD remote control button mapping took a special blend of Windows Media Center SE & Windows Media Center keyboard so the buttons worked in both at the same time.

Again many thanks as the exit program was one shortcut I could not find. Now is there anyways to completely disable the PowerDVD OSD on start-up, and add some sort of pause to allow my receiver to register the proper sound and picture before skipping 2-3 seconds into the playback? Oh and is there a hotkey to bring up the OSD and disappear it again to check run time?

And one weird thing, when I exit back to XBMC most times but not always the screen is zoomed in 100%. What the huh?

Another issue. When playing back on my 3D display PowerDVD doesn't use the full screen. What happens is the OSD fills the screen left-right but the movie seems scaled down or horizontally squeezed in about 5% on each side. I can't find any setting to deal with this issue.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - brazen1 - 2013-11-30

"Now is there anyways to completely disable the PowerDVD OSD on start-up". Haven't used PDVD in a while but from memory I thought cinema mode launched playing the moment your virtual drive mounted.

"add some sort of pause to allow my receiver to register the proper sound and picture before skipping 2-3 seconds into the playback". You could try XMBC/Video/Playback/Pause during refresh rate change.

"is there a hotkey to bring up the OSD and disappear it again to check run time?" I'm using TMT and by mouse is the only choice I've found. If you do figure out a hotkey or some special mapping, let us know. I don't think either of the players is very remote friendly.

"When playing back on my 3D display PowerDVD doesn't use the full screen. What happens is the OSD fills the screen left-right but the movie seems scaled down or horizontally squeezed in about 5% on each side." Cinema mode should launch in full screen. If the aspect ratio isn't correct on your display, you have a lot of diagnosing to do. The single most important advice I can give you as a starting point is:

Only plug your hdmi into the HDMI1/DVI port. Rename that input source to PC or DVI PC from the dropdown menu in your panels settings. Your panel should flash on and off just like it does during a refresh rate change when you scroll to those source names you're editing. I neglected to do this because the 1st time I did it when I set up my new panel, it looked terrible. The display dimmed and everything lost its luster and brilliance. It looked like it went from 240 Hz to 60 Hz and many of the panel settings greyed out in this 'PC' mode and couldn't bring back it's former glory. Naturally, I edited the name of the source back to 'blank' and enjoyed my SBS encoded 3D's. Right up until I spent a week trying to figure out why PDVD wouldn't render 3D iso's but played them in 2D perfectly. When it finally dawned on me, I changed the input name to PC again, understood the picture quality would degrade but tried the 3D again and low and behold it worked. Not only that, it rendered playback as if I never changed the source name. Crystal clear and 100% and 240 Hz going strong. This also opens up more 3D options besides over and under or side by side since the one we need is checkerboard. I doubt many panel owners know they're units are capable. So I accept the trade off for low resolution OSD but fully functional playback. I don't know where the magic takes place but, it works. This also ensures your panels resolution and aspect ratio are correct to render pc files. If all else fails (and I don't recommend either) XBMC/System/Video output/Video calibration or you could manually resize your display using your GPU control panel. PC naming should size windows perfectly. Good luck.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - sdssls - 2013-12-04

Hi to all,

I have been trying to use xbmc12.2 with powerdvd13 and ran in to some problems.
Pdvd13 launches fine when I click on an iso, but in only ended up in pdvd13 main screen with a msg "no_label i:BDMV\index.bdmv". Everytime, I need to reclick in the Pdvd13 to select the drive and restart to play the iso. Can someone pls help me? Thanks in advance.

My PlayISO.bat
@echo off
rem you can place your PlayISO file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
rem you need to put the correct VCDMount drive letter in the command below

Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:iso=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO playiso) ELSE (goto next)

:next
Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:mpls=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO plaympls) ELSE (goto playbdmv)

:playiso
"C:\Program Files\DVDFab Virtual Drive\vdrive.exe" /M:i %1
ping -n 3 -w 1000 127.0.0.1 > nul
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\Movie\PowerDVD Cinema\PowerDVDCinema13.exe" i:
"C:\Program Files\DVDFab Virtual Drive\vdrive.exe" /U:i
ping -n 3 -w 1000 127.0.0.1 > nul
GOTO end

:plaympls
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:~1,-25%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\Movie\PowerDVD Cinema\PowerDVDCinema13.exe" "%pth%" exit
GOTO end

:playbdmv
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\MovieObject.bdmv=%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\Movie\PowerDVD Cinema\PowerDVDCinema13.exe" %pth% exit
GOTO end

:end
exit

My playercorefactory.xml
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
<filename>PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\Daum\PotPlayer\PotPlayerMini.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls" player="ISO_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray 3DSBS -->
<rule filename=".*SBS.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule protocols="bd|dvd" player="Disc_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - voyagerxp - 2013-12-04

Can other player software be used? like iDeer Blu-ray Player.

http://www.ideerapp.com/

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - p750mmx - 2013-12-04

(2013-12-04, 14:54)voyagerxp Wrote: Can other player software be used? like iDeer Blu-ray Player.

No 3D support it seems? So what's the plus?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - voyagerxp - 2013-12-04

(2013-12-04, 14:59)p750mmx Wrote:
(2013-12-04, 14:54)voyagerxp Wrote: Can other player software be used? like iDeer Blu-ray Player.

No 3D support it seems? So what's the plus?

I forgot about 3d support