Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2014-01-23

(2014-01-23, 13:27)olli460 Wrote: I've set this up an it works great - thank you so much for the guide.

One problem though it won't detect my 3D ISOs. If i play them directly through TMT6 it works fine. If i click on the Menus for a 3D iso through XBMC i get an error saying your blu-ray player dosen't support 3D Blu-Rays.

Also if i click on the Menus, for 1-2 blu rays i noticed i get an error saying "Your blu-ray parental controls don't allow this" even for kids films in TMT6 the parental controls are set to unlimited.

Really appreciate the help.
It seem as your 3D ISO file is trying to use internal XBMC player instead of external player. You might want to post your externalplayer code in here. We need more info to help you on it.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - tboggie - 2014-01-23

(2014-01-18, 20:23)bluray Wrote: You might want to verify your HDMI audio output in control panel and XBMC carefully then. I tried my Microsoft Surface Pro with Intel HD4000 on three different AVR's using Wasapi: HDMI, and it can bitstreaming all type of audio codecs flawless on Windows 8.1, XBMC 12.3 and TMT6.....

Thanks Bluray. I forgot to update this thread.
I made some changes to the sound settings in windows and it is working perfect with Wasapi HDMI

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - olli460 - 2014-01-23

(2014-01-23, 16:59)bluray Wrote:
(2014-01-23, 13:27)olli460 Wrote: I've set this up an it works great - thank you so much for the guide.

One problem though it won't detect my 3D ISOs. If i play them directly through TMT6 it works fine. If i click on the Menus for a 3D iso through XBMC i get an error saying your blu-ray player dosen't support 3D Blu-Rays.

Also if i click on the Menus, for 1-2 blu rays i noticed i get an error saying "Your blu-ray parental controls don't allow this" even for kids films in TMT6 the parental controls are set to unlimited.

It seem as your 3D ISO file is trying to use internal XBMC player instead of external player. You might want to post your externalplayer code in here. We need more info to help you on it.

Thanks for your quick reply. You are right, However im using the internal player for standard ISOs i only want TMT to play 3D ISOs but ive set it up correctly now however when TMT5 (or 6) opens i just get a blank screen and the sound just keeps making a skipping noise like the audio is playing the same .1 second of the audio again and again then TMT will just not respond and i have to ctrl+alt+del close it down via processes.

Any ideas what might be wrong? I can play 3D ISOs fine through TMT if i load it manually but when its loading via XMBC it just does not seem to work. I get anydvd scan the virtual drive etc all that is fine.

Really appreciate any help as im really happy with it all now apart from this.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2014-01-23

(2014-01-23, 20:53)olli460 Wrote:
(2014-01-23, 16:59)bluray Wrote:

Thanks for your quick reply. You are right, However im using the internal player for standard ISOs i only want TMT to play 3D ISOs but ive set it up correctly now however when TMT5 (or 6) opens i just get a blank screen and the sound just keeps making a skipping noise like the audio is playing the same .1 second of the audio again and again then TMT will just not respond and i have to ctrl+alt+del close it down via processes.

Any ideas what might be wrong? I can play 3D ISOs fine through TMT if i load it manually but when its loading via XMBC it just does not seem to work. I get anydvd scan the virtual drive etc all that is fine.

Try to disable "Play GUI sounds" in XBMC audio output and make sure to Enable "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC system/settings/system/video output...

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Batiatus - 2014-01-23

Had to do a full system restore after a Windows 8.1 glitch left my HTPC bricked. Got everything re-installed and the script set-up again but now a new problem pops up. When I start a 3D ISO from XBMC via PowerDVD 13 I get a message on screen that says the following;

Information

Cinema mode does not support the playback of media files. You must switch back to Classic mode to play back this file.

In the background the Cinema mode launch screen appears for a few seconds, then the ISO launches. I can't figure out what is causing this since I am only using PDVD13 to play back 3D ISO files and nothing else. I have installed AnyDVD to counter the Cinavia problem and thought that might be the issue but even trying with it deactivated brings up the same issue. Anyone have any ideas?

And now after messing around a bit I don't even get PDVD to play at all through XBMC. Not cool....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - olli460 - 2014-01-23

(2014-01-23, 21:29)bluray Wrote:
(2014-01-23, 20:53)olli460 Wrote:
(2014-01-23, 16:59)bluray Wrote: It seem as your 3D ISO file is trying to use internal XBMC player instead of external player. You might want to post your externalplayer code in here. We need more info to help you on it.

Try to disable "Play GUI sounds" in XBMC audio output and make sure to Enable "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC system/settings/system/video output...

I tried disabling GUI sounds in XBMC and full screen windowed is already enabled.

here is my XML and .BAT file contents: http://pastebin.com/rzudKA28

Really hope you can help.

EDIT: i managed to get it to play the files through an external player properly however it seems to play all the movies using the external player now regardless if it has 3D in the title or not? Anyway to only let it play using the external player for just 3D Movies? i like the inbuilt playback for 2D

EDIT2: It still seems to be messing around with certain 3D ISOs. For example Wreck it Ralph when launched from XBMC gets to the language selection then just crashes but if i run it manually using virtual clone then load it into TMT6 it plays absolutely fine, Seems to be some sort of issue loading via XBMC?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - acejh1987 - 2014-01-24

(2014-01-23, 23:09)olli460 Wrote: i managed to get it to play the files through an external player properly however it seems to play all the movies using the external player now regardless if it has 3D in the title or not? Anyway to only let it play using the external player for just 3D Movies? i like the inbuilt playback for 2D

Try changing the rule from
"*3D*"
to
".*3D.*"
It should then work correctly and only play files with 3D in the filename.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - olli460 - 2014-01-24

(2014-01-24, 01:01)acejh1987 Wrote:
(2014-01-23, 23:09)olli460 Wrote: i managed to get it to play the files through an external player properly however it seems to play all the movies using the external player now regardless if it has 3D in the title or not? Anyway to only let it play using the external player for just 3D Movies? i like the inbuilt playback for 2D

Try changing the rule from
"*3D*"
to
".*3D.*"
It should then work correctly and only play files with 3D in the filename.

Thanks this worked great, It now plays the 3D files using TMT6 and the 2D files with XBMC.

Last problem is the random crashing. It seems to get through the menus then will get a TMT6 is no longer responding.

Works fine if i play manually though Sad Anything i can try ?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - olli460 - 2014-01-25

I've been messing about trying to get my 3D isos to play with an external player for the last 2 days now and i just can't get it to work as intended.

I got WinDVD Pro 11 as-well to see if that helped. Which it seems to play them without crashing but i get an insane amount of stuttering when launching via XMBC.

TMT 5 and TMT 6 loads very slowly also then just eventually stops responding

Again if i mount the ISO myself first, then launch WinDVD or TMT 5/6 myself the film plays absolutely fine no stuttering at all.

My CPU usage is around 65% and memory is around 70% so i don't think it has anything to do with that, especially as when i play them manually they play fine.

Does anyone else have a suggestion as i would love to get this working.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2014-01-25

Sorry Olli460, I haven't watch blu-ray movie in 3d lately. The last time I watched it is in 2012. The external player playback 3d fluently then. You might want to post your LOG in here. It might show us some errors during 3d playback....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - olli460 - 2014-01-25

ok fair enough. I tried installing 12.0 and it still does the same on there, extremly choppy video/audo when playing through TMT6 WinDVD when launched via the playiso.bat, again its fine when played without xmbc.

Where are the logs kept for xmbc?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2014-01-25

(2014-01-25, 14:18)olli460 Wrote: Where are the logs kept for xmbc?
6 Debugging

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - jacintech.fire - 2014-01-25

@bluray,
I come in peace; just have a quick question:

Why do we even need bluray disk playback...doesn't xbmc, by its very nature, encourages a large library of digital files (rips of DVDs, BluRays, HDTV broadcasts, etc)...?

Isn't just as easy to rip the main movie, the extras and "other pixie dust" individually and organize everything in a nice set, call it "the <insert movie title> Because I can collection"...

At this point, optical disk are the 21st century equivalent of VHS...

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2014-01-26

(2014-01-25, 21:35)jacintech.fire Wrote: Why do we even need bluray disk playback...doesn't xbmc, by its very nature, encourages a large library of digital files (rips of DVDs, BluRays, HDTV broadcasts, etc)...?
Optical drive is for rental blu-ray disk from RedBox. I usually don't like to re-watch movie. I enjoy paying $1.5 for each new blu-ray disk from RedBox I have only one day to watch it, and Optical drive provide quick and easy way to watch the movie. I do have a good collection of my own blu-ray ISO's on my server, and I stores away the original blu-ray disks to preserve it. Since it cost a lot of money, I don't want my kids to destroy it.

(2014-01-25, 21:35)jacintech.fire Wrote: Isn't just as easy to rip the main movie, the extras and "other pixie dust" individually and organize everything in a nice set, call it "the <insert movie title> Because I can collection"...

At this point, optical disk are the 21st century equivalent of VHS...
No, I don't rip just the main movie. I enjoy watching movie with full menu, and ISO is the best way for me to preserve all the original contents....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Batiatus - 2014-01-27

(2014-01-23, 22:17)Batiatus Wrote: Had to do a full system restore after a Windows 8.1 glitch left my HTPC bricked. Got everything re-installed and the script set-up again but now a new problem pops up. When I start a 3D ISO from XBMC via PowerDVD 13 I get a message on screen that says the following;

Information

Cinema mode does not support the playback of media files. You must switch back to Classic mode to play back this file.

In the background the Cinema mode launch screen appears for a few seconds, then the ISO launches. I can't figure out what is causing this since I am only using PDVD13 to play back 3D ISO files and nothing else. I have installed AnyDVD to counter the Cinavia problem and thought that might be the issue but even trying with it deactivated brings up the same issue. Anyone have any ideas?

And now after messing around a bit I don't even get PDVD to play at all through XBMC. Not cool....

I will quote myself since this seemed to get lost pretty quick.

I think the issue is trying to run AnyDVD in the background then launching PowerDVD via XBMC for 3D ISO files. It just doesn't work. Has anyone been able to get PDVD to work with AnyDVD through XBMC so Cinavia is only a distant memory?