Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - jjmucker - 2014-01-28

Does anyone know of a way to stop the sub control panel ( keypad thing) appearing all the time in total media theater. I've tried hiding it or closing it but when I exit out and start another ISO file, the thing is there again?

Thanks

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - olli460 - 2014-01-28

(2014-01-25, 21:27)bluray Wrote:
(2014-01-25, 14:18)olli460 Wrote: Where are the logs kept for xmbc?
6 Debugging

I decided to try install Windows 8.1 today see if that helped, No such luck unfortunately exactly the same issue. Playback outside of XMBC using WinDVD/TMT6 is fine but when launched using XBMC i get crazy bad stuttering.

Could it be that xmbc and windvd are trying to bitstream at the same time or something?

Here are my logs, Tried to play Avatar 3D. Don't really make much sense to me but anything of any interest ?

http://pastebin.com/hwu5mBp3

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - jjmucker - 2014-01-28

i get that too sometimes, the 3d iso will stutter like hell and i have to exit back out. i thought it was just me Smile

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - olli460 - 2014-01-28

even if i exit it won't fix it, really is frustrating as its the only issue i have now. Hope someone can shed some light

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - sdssls - 2014-02-01

Hi all, I got a problem with powerdvd13. Whenever I tried to play an ISO with xbmc, it will end up powerdvd13 not able to find the drive allocated.
I checked from the desktop, VCDmount did mount my ISO in the drive assigned, but powerdvd just can't find it.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Here is my playiso.bat
@echo off
rem you can place your PlayISO file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
rem you need to put the correct VCDMount drive letter in the command below

Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:iso=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO playiso) ELSE (goto next)

:next
Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:mpls=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO plaympls) ELSE (goto playbdmv)

:playiso
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\Movie\PowerDVD Cinema\PowerDVDCinema13.exe" G:\
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u
GOTO end

:plaympls
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:~1,-25%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\Movie\PowerDVD Cinema\PowerDVDCinema13.exe" "%pth%" exit
GOTO end

:playbdmv
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\MovieObject.bdmv=%
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\Movie\PowerDVD Cinema\PowerDVDCinema13.exe" %pth% exit
GOTO end

:end
exit

and my xml file.
playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>

</player>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>True</hidexbmc>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>

</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\Movie\PowerDVD Cinema\PowerDVDCinema13.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls" player="ISO_BDMV_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray 3DSBS -->
<rule filename=".*SBS.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule protocols="bd|dvd" player="Disc_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - jjmucker - 2014-02-01

I'm getting more and more if my ISO's either stuttering , not loading correctly or just not loading at all.
Surely me and that other bloke aren't the only 2 getting this.
They seem to run fine outside of xbmc.

I'm using TMT6

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - olli460 - 2014-02-01

Yeah ive just built a whole new media server quite high spec and it still does the exactly the same thing. Guessing its a bug with windows / xbmc maybe ?

my CPU is only around 25-30% when its playing back 3D Blu-Rays in TMT also

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - jjmucker - 2014-02-02

On another note, do you know how to disable the control panel keypad thing in TMT that seems to always appear everytime I mount an ISO. I know you can close it but you'd think there would be a way to just disable it.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2014-02-02

(2014-02-02, 00:54)jjmucker Wrote: On another note, do you know how to disable the control panel keypad thing in TMT that seems to always appear everytime I mount an ISO. I know you can close it but you'd think there would be a way to just disable it.
You need to set ShowMouseSolution=0 in roaming as shown below-

(2014-02-01, 14:02)jjmucker Wrote: I'm getting more and more if my ISO's either stuttering , not loading correctly or just not loading at all.
Surely me and that other bloke aren't the only 2 getting this.
They seem to run fine outside of xbmc.

I'm using TMT6
I'm trying to find settings to mimic your stuttering issue, but I haven't find one. It seems to work fluently on my HTPCs with all major GPUs (AMD, Nvidia and Intel) . Have you set playcorefactory to hide XBMC (<hidexbmc>True</hidexbmc>)? Sometime, it will be a little stuttering without setting it to hide XbMC...

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - jjmucker - 2014-02-02

Thanks a lot Bluray with the help with the control pad. That's me set it to 0 and it doesn't show up now Smile

With my other prob, I've just updated my Graphics card drivers so I think that problem is away too.
And thanks again for this tutorial on how to set all this up. It's ace

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - olli460 - 2014-02-02

Bluray, if i'm using TMT6 for the 3D Playback do i need to follow steps 5,6,7 ?

I never did them as i assumed they are for mkv etc ?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - olli460 - 2014-02-02

Also, i just tried this on my main gaming PC with a normal ISO also not bitstreaming or anything, i don't get any stuttering on that, However when i press a movie to play it comes up with the windows command line running all the stuff. On my media server i don't get that. Could that have something to do with it ?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2014-02-02

(2014-02-02, 16:04)olli460 Wrote: Bluray, if i'm using TMT6 for the 3D Playback do i need to follow steps 5,6,7 ?
No, you don't need it. It is for MPC-HC...

(2014-02-02, 17:44)olli460 Wrote: Also, i just tried this on my main gaming PC with a normal ISO also not bitstreaming or anything, i don't get any stuttering on that, However when i press a movie to play it comes up with the windows command line running all the stuff. On my media server i don't get that. Could that have something to do with it ?
It is normal to see command window at the beginning, then TMT launch the movie when using PlayISO.bat directly.

Can you try to install this "AnyDVD HD" on your computer, then reboot computer after you installed it. You'll have 14 days trial. You can try to playback ISO through XBMC after you rebooted the computer.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - olli460 - 2014-02-03

I have AnyDVD already installed, On both my PC and Server, But i didn't get the command window on my server only my main PC?

Could that be a reason is something not being executed or something?