Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - rmilyard - 2014-03-29

So how should my files read if I want TMT to play all my BD and 3d BD.iso files?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - rmilyard - 2014-03-29

I want the xbmc to play native my files other than BD and 3d BD .iso files. I want them to play with TMT6 with Menus:

Here is my files what else do I need change?

playercorefactory
Code:
<playercorefactory>
    <players>
        <player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Users\rmily_000\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
            <args>"{1}"</args>
            <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>            
        </player>
                <player name="ISO_BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Users\rmily_000\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
            <args>"{1}"</args>
            <hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
                        <hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
                        <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
                </player>
        <player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uTotalMediaTheatre6.exe</filename>
            <args>"{1}"</args>
                </player>
        <player name="MPCHC_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mpc-hc64.exe</filename>
            <args>"{1}"</args>
        </player>
        </players>
        <rules action="prepend">
        <!-- Bluray ISO -->
                <!-- Bluray ISO/BDMV -->
        <rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls" player="ISO_BDMV_Player"/>
        <!-- Bluray M2TS -->
        <rule filetypes="m2ts" player="Universal_Player"/>
        <!-- Bluray MKV -->
        <rule filetypes="mkv" player="MPCHC_Player"/>
        <!-- Bluray AVI -->
        <rule filetypes="avi" player="Universal_Player"/>
        <!-- Bluray TS -->
        <rule filetypes="ts" player="Universal_Player"/>

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
        <rule filetypes="bd|ifo" player="Disc_Player"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayISO.bat
Code:
Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:iso=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO playiso) ELSE (goto next)

:next
Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:mpls=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO plaympls) ELSE (goto playbdmv)

:playiso
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uTotalMediaTheatre6.exe" E:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u
GOTO end

:plaympls
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:~1,-25%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uTotalMediaTheatre6.exe" "%pth%" exit
GOTO end

:playbdmv
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\MovieObject.bdmv=%
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uTotalMediaTheatre6.exe" %pth% exit
GOTO end

:end
exit

PlayDisc.bat
Code:
@echo off
rem you can place your PlayDisc file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uTotalMediaTheatre6.exe" E:

Seems like TMT6 crashes whenever I try to launch from within xbmc

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - rmilyard - 2014-03-30

Still haven't been able to get this working.

If anyone is around to help that would be great! I have a busy week at work and was hoping to get this running for the family.

I would like to have all my BD and 3d BD .iso movies play via TotalMedia Theater 6.6 or PowerDVD so I have full menus and 3d support.
I just built our home theater and would like to start using it with xbmc. We have 100" screen with Epson 3D 2030 projected all connected via my Pioneer SC-1522-k AVR setup with 9.2 surround. So would like pass though sound to the AVR.

I don't care what version of xbmc. I am open to the beta if works better/easier etc.

If anyone can help me out that would be great!

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2014-03-31

(2014-03-29, 21:29)rmilyard Wrote: Seems like TMT6 crashes whenever I try to launch from within xbmc
Sorry to read all your troubles. All of us is very busy these days. Since it is spring time, I'm very busy with yard works on weekend....

Without reading all the detail, one thing that is popping out at me is the "E" drive. It seems that you have both VCD and physical BD drives the same in your codes. If your physical BD drive is "E" in PlayDisc.bat, your available VCD drive should be different in PlayISO.bat.....

Make sure to Enable "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC system/settings/system/video output.....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - rmilyard - 2014-03-31

(2014-03-31, 00:27)bluray Wrote:
(2014-03-29, 21:29)rmilyard Wrote: Seems like TMT6 crashes whenever I try to launch from within xbmc
Sorry to read all your troubles. All of us is very busy these days. Since it is spring time, I'm very busy with yard works on weekend....

Without reading all the detail, one thing that is popping out at me is the "E" drive. It seems that you have both VCD and physical BD drives the same in your codes. If your physical BD drive is "E" in PlayDisc.bat, your available VCD drive should be different in PlayISO.bat.....

Make sure to Enable "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC system/settings/system/video output.....

This system doesn't have a drive. It has only C (msata) and mapped drive to the NAS (M) and the VCD is using E

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2014-03-31

(2014-03-31, 00:53)rmilyard Wrote:
(2014-03-31, 00:27)bluray Wrote:

This system doesn't have a drive. It has only C (msata) and mapped drive to the NAS (M) and the VCD is using E
If there is no optical drive, you should not need PlayDisc.bat and the codes in Playercorefactory...

You might want try to playback an ISO from local drive or USB drive. If it work from local drive, then you can deal with NAS issue afterward. Try to rule out one thing at a time....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - rmilyard - 2014-03-31

(2014-03-31, 02:09)bluray Wrote:
(2014-03-31, 00:53)rmilyard Wrote:
(2014-03-31, 00:27)bluray Wrote: Sorry to read all your troubles. All of us is very busy these days. Since it is spring time, I'm very busy with yard works on weekend....

If there is no optical drive, you should not need PlayDisc.bat and the codes in Playercorefactory...

You might want try to playback an ISO from local drive or USB drive. If it work from local drive, then you can deal with NAS issue afterward. Try to rule out one thing at a time....

I can do the playback manually fine. I think it's the rules etc. I am not sure if files need to be names a way or not.

I have normal BD and 3d BD. I was thinking having TMT play them both to have menus.

(2014-03-31, 03:01)rmilyard Wrote:
(2014-03-31, 02:09)bluray Wrote:
(2014-03-31, 00:53)rmilyard Wrote: This system doesn't have a drive. It has only C (msata) and mapped drive to the NAS (M) and the VCD is using E

I can do the playback manually fine. I think it's the rules etc. I am not sure if files need to be names a way or not.
Are you saying Blu-ray ISO playback using XBMC+TMT from local drive okay?

(2014-03-31, 03:01)rmilyard Wrote: I have normal BD and 3d BD. I was thinking having TMT play them both to have menus.
The purpose of using external player is to enjoy the original Blu-ray Disc menu and 3d....

(2014-03-31, 04:37)bluray Wrote:
(2014-03-31, 03:01)rmilyard Wrote:
(2014-03-31, 02:09)bluray Wrote: If there is no optical drive, you should not need PlayDisc.bat and the codes in Playercorefactory...

(2014-03-31, 03:01)rmilyard Wrote: I have normal BD and 3d BD. I was thinking having TMT play them both to have menus.
The purpose of using external player is to enjoy the original Blu-ray Disc menu and 3d....

Yes I would like to view my BD and 3d BD iso files with TMT.

(2014-03-31, 04:40)rmilyard Wrote:
(2014-03-31, 04:37)bluray Wrote:
(2014-03-31, 03:01)rmilyard Wrote: I can do the playback manually fine. I think it's the rules etc. I am not sure if files need to be names a way or not.

Can you answer this "Are you saying Blu-ray ISO playback using XBMC+TMT from local drive okay?"?

(2014-03-31, 04:47)bluray Wrote:
(2014-03-31, 04:40)rmilyard Wrote:
(2014-03-31, 04:37)bluray Wrote: Are you saying Blu-ray ISO playback using XBMC+TMT from local drive okay?

Can you answer this "Are you saying Blu-ray ISO playback using XBMC+TMT from local drive okay?"?

Nope. It seems to do nothing.

However I can mount iso myself and play them manually in TMT.

I am thinking my playercorefactory and playiso files aren't setup right.

(2014-03-31, 04:49)rmilyard Wrote:
(2014-03-31, 04:47)bluray Wrote:
(2014-03-31, 04:40)rmilyard Wrote: Yes I would like to view my BD and 3d BD iso files with TMT.

Since you only need external player for BD ISO, I made a simple playercorefactory.xml with simple playiso.bat for you. You can simply download the two files below and save it "As Is" in your (C:\Users\rmily_000\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata) folder. Then give it a try again....

Playercorefactory.XML

PlayISO.bat

(2014-03-31, 05:20)bluray Wrote:
(2014-03-31, 04:47)bluray Wrote: Can you answer this "Are you saying Blu-ray ISO playback using XBMC+TMT from local drive okay?"?

Since you only need external player for BD ISO, I made a simple playercorefactory.xml with simple playiso.bat for you. You can simply download the two files below and save it "As Is" in your (C:\Users\rmily_000\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata) folder. Then give it a try again....

Playercorefactory.XML

PlayISO.bat

I will try this out here in a few.

(2014-03-31, 05:20)bluray Wrote:
(2014-03-31, 04:47)bluray Wrote: Can you answer this "Are you saying Blu-ray ISO playback using XBMC+TMT from local drive okay?"?

Playercorefactory.XML

PlayISO.bat

So I am guessing with the RULE this will play anything with file extension of iso|bdmv|mpls?

(2014-03-31, 17:42)rmilyard Wrote:
(2014-03-31, 05:20)bluray Wrote: Since you only need external player for BD ISO, I made a simple playercorefactory.xml with simple playiso.bat for you. You can simply download the two files below and save it "As Is" in your (C:\Users\rmily_000\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata) folder. Then give it a try again....

Playercorefactory.XML

PlayISO.bat

So I am guessing with the RULE this will play anything with file extension of iso|bdmv|mpls?
Yes, that is correct!