Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - rmilyard - 2014-03-31

(2014-03-31, 17:52)bluray Wrote:
(2014-03-31, 17:42)rmilyard Wrote:
(2014-03-31, 05:20)bluray Wrote: Since you only need external player for BD ISO, I made a simple playercorefactory.xml with simple playiso.bat for you. You can simply download the two files below and save it "As Is" in your (C:\Users\rmily_000\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata) folder. Then give it a try again....

Playercorefactory.XML

PlayISO.bat

So I am guessing with the RULE this will play anything with file extension of iso|bdmv|mpls?
Yes, that is correct!

Great so I guess I am LEARNING! lol

So trying to figure out best way to file names on the NAS. I am using the Aeon MQ 5 skin and looks pretty good (open to others if any others think I should look at). When it shows the content sometimes the BD list as DVDs. Also sometimes my 3d aren't listed as 3d. I am guessing has to do with file names. What are some of the best practices you guys are using for file names?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2014-03-31

(2014-03-31, 18:12)rmilyard Wrote:
(2014-03-31, 17:52)bluray Wrote:
(2014-03-31, 17:42)rmilyard Wrote: So I am guessing with the RULE this will play anything with file extension of iso|bdmv|mpls?
Yes, that is correct!

So trying to figure out best way to file names on the NAS. I am using the Aeon MQ 5 skin and looks pretty good (open to others if any others think I should look at). When it shows the content sometimes the BD list as DVDs. Also sometimes my 3d aren't listed as 3d. I am guessing has to do with file names. What are some of the best practices you guys are using for file names?
You can find the info on file naming in this Wiki- Naming video files/Movies ....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - rmilyard - 2014-03-31

(2014-03-31, 18:34)bluray Wrote:
(2014-03-31, 18:12)rmilyard Wrote:
(2014-03-31, 17:52)bluray Wrote: Yes, that is correct!

You can find the info on file naming in this Wiki- Naming video files/Movies ....

Thanks you guys are GREAT!

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - rmilyard - 2014-04-01

(2014-03-31, 05:20)bluray Wrote:
(2014-03-31, 04:49)rmilyard Wrote:
(2014-03-31, 04:47)bluray Wrote: Can you answer this "Are you saying Blu-ray ISO playback using XBMC+TMT from local drive okay?"?

Nope. It seems to do nothing.

However I can mount iso myself and play them manually in TMT.

I am thinking my playercorefactory and playiso files aren't setup right.
Since you only need external player for BD ISO, I made a simple playercorefactory.xml with simple playiso.bat for you. You can simply download the two files below and save it "As Is" in your (C:\Users\rmily_000\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata) folder. Then give it a try again....

Playercorefactory.XML

PlayISO.bat

So getting closer. When using these files xbmc runs bat files. The iso mounts. TMT launches. But then I get TotalMedia Theater stopped error window. After few secs I click the close program button in the dialog and file unmounts and xbmc is back in front.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - brazen1 - 2014-04-01

TMT 6.5 works. With TMT 6.6 I am having the same issue. I notice it fails 2 times but the 3rd time is a charm.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - rmilyard - 2014-04-01

(2014-04-01, 03:14)brazen1 Wrote: TMT 6.5 works. With TMT 6.6 I am having the same issue. I notice it fails 2 times but the 3rd time is a charm.

Hmmm. Think running newest version. I have tired about 50 times with no luck. Works fine if do it manually.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2014-04-01

(2014-04-01, 00:53)rmilyard Wrote:
(2014-03-31, 04:49)rmilyard Wrote: Nope. It seems to do nothing.

Since you only need external player for BD ISO, I made a simple playercorefactory.xml with simple playiso.bat for you. You can simply download the two files below and save it "As Is" in your (C:\Users\rmily_000\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata) folder. Then give it a try again....

Playercorefactory.XML

PlayISO.bat

So getting closer. When using these files xbmc runs bat files. The iso mounts. TMT launches. But then I get TotalMedia Theater stopped error window. After few secs I click the close program button in the dialog and file unmounts and xbmc is back in front.
It is definitely getting closer. Have you try this "uMCEPlayer6.exe" and other .exe?

(2014-04-01, 04:54)bluray Wrote:
(2014-04-01, 00:53)rmilyard Wrote:
(2014-03-31, 05:20)bluray Wrote: Since you only need external player for BD ISO, I made a simple playercorefactory.xml with simple playiso.bat for you. You can simply download the two files below and save it "As Is" in your (C:\Users\rmily_000\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata) folder. Then give it a try again....

Playercorefactory.XML

PlayISO.bat

It is definitely getting closer. Have you try this "uMCEPlayer6.exe" and other .exe?

No I haven't. I guess I should tomorrow when get home from work. Wife wants to watch the following now.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2014-04-01

(2014-04-01, 04:59)rmilyard Wrote:
(2014-04-01, 04:54)bluray Wrote:
(2014-04-01, 00:53)rmilyard Wrote: So getting closer. When using these files xbmc runs bat files. The iso mounts. TMT launches. But then I get TotalMedia Theater stopped error window. After few secs I click the close program button in the dialog and file unmounts and xbmc is back in front.

No I haven't. I guess I should tomorrow when get home from work. Wife wants to watch the following now.
I don't have TMT6, but I tried the trial version several weeks ago. uMCEPlayer6.exe worked on my HTPC, and the other .exe did not work....

I have TMT5, and it works with all .exe...

(2014-04-01, 05:11)bluray Wrote:
(2014-04-01, 04:59)rmilyard Wrote:
(2014-04-01, 04:54)bluray Wrote: It is definitely getting closer. Have you try this "uMCEPlayer6.exe" and other .exe?

I don't have TMT6, but I tried the trial version several weeks ago. uMCEPlayer6.exe worked on my HTPC, and the other .exe did not work....

I will try this out today when get home. I also guess I can try to find older version of TMT. I would rather use current one to keep up to date but rather it work. lol..

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - rmilyard - 2014-04-02

(2014-04-01, 16:24)rmilyard Wrote:
(2014-04-01, 05:11)bluray Wrote:
(2014-04-01, 04:59)rmilyard Wrote: No I haven't. I guess I should tomorrow when get home from work. Wife wants to watch the following now.

I will try this out today when get home. I also guess I can try to find older version of TMT. I would rather use current one to keep up to date but rather it work. lol..

Looks like working with uMCEPlayer6.exe. I haven't tried the other .exe. The control for the MCE one seems so so. But it is working!

One other thing it seems like sometimes when hitting stop the iso isn't unmounting. Not big deal other than need to start next movie extra time to get it running.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2014-04-02

(2014-04-02, 03:49)rmilyard Wrote:
(2014-04-01, 16:24)rmilyard Wrote:
(2014-04-01, 05:11)bluray Wrote: I don't have TMT6, but I tried the trial version several weeks ago. uMCEPlayer6.exe worked on my HTPC, and the other .exe did not work....

Looks like working with uMCEPlayer6.exe. I haven't tried the other .exe. The control for the MCE one seems so so. But it is working!

One other thing it seems like sometimes when hitting stop the iso isn't unmounting. Not big deal other than need to start next movie extra time to get it running.
You can try this long version of "PlayISO.bat" to see if it is any better. If it is not working, you can go back to the short version. uMCEPlayer6 version suppose to keep thing simple for ease of use....

I'm glad that all your hard works paid off at the end....Nod

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - knazi - 2014-04-04

(2014-03-31, 04:49)rmilyard Wrote:
(2014-03-31, 04:47)bluray Wrote: Can you answer this "Are you saying Blu-ray ISO playback using XBMC+TMT from local drive okay?"?

Nope. It seems to do nothing.

Playercorefactory.XML

PlayISO.bat

I've been trying to use these files to play ISO's using TMT6.

When I play through xbmc (13 beta 3) I get a message saying : "VCDMount Can't mount nfs://....."

I have no problem mounting it manualy and playing it with TMT6.

I have full access to my NFS share.

Thank you.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bungie240 - 2014-04-06

Hi, Just upgraded to the newest version on Slysoft HDDVD but seems to be conflicting with VCD as I cannot register the product with the key?? Has anyone come across this?

Thanks

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - robin8 - 2014-04-06

I see you wrote the first post back in 2011. Is it updated so I can follow the guide for external player without any problem today?