Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Rob55Levo - 2014-04-19

Hi,
I am trying to get Totalmedia Theatre 6 to work in Metro mode as an external player in XBMC media centre (I like the interface better in Metro). I can get it to launch by using the command -Metro but once virtual clone drive has loaded the disc it will not play TMT6 it just sits there and does nothing. Thing is it works fine in normal windows mode without the -Metro added to the command line.
I'm running windows 8.1 and have tried XBMC Frodo and Gotham with no luck I have also tried Deamon tools.
Back in windows 7 everything worked fine.
Is there a command I should add that I haven't tried yet?
Any help greatly appreciated!!
-Rob

Play iso for TMT6 Batch:
Code:
:playiso
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uLaunchTMT6.exe" -Metro M:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u

GOTO end

:end
exit

playercorefactory:
Code:
<playercorefactory>
    <players>                        
        <player name="Total Media Theater 5 (Region A)" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Users\robin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
            <args>"{1}"</args>
            <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
                        <hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
                        <forceontop>true</forceontop>

</player>
        <player name="Total Media Theater 6 (Region B)" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Users\robin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO3.bat</filename>
            <args>"{1}"</args>
            <hidexbmc>False</hidexbmc>

</player>
        <player name="PowerDVD 10" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Users\robin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO2.bat</filename>
            <args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
        <player name="PowerDVD 13" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Users\robin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO4.bat</filename>
            <args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
        </players>
        <rules action="prepend">
        <rule video="true" player="Total Media Theater 5 (Region A)"/>
        </rules>
</playercorefactory>

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2014-04-19

(2014-04-19, 20:24)Rob55Levo Wrote: Play iso for TMT6 Batch:
[code]

GOTO end

exit
You can try the files below-

set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:iso=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO playiso) ELSE (goto playbdmvmpls)

GOTO end

:playbdmvmpls
set pth=%1
set end=%pth:*BDMV\=%
call set pth=%%pth:BDMV\%end%="%%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uLaunchTMT6.exe" %pth% exit
GOTO end

exit

You can try different TMT6 .EXE too. Sometime, it work with one but not another...

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Rob55Levo - 2014-04-19

THANKS Bluray!!
That code has helped ALOT, now most of my movies play in metro mode (I did change the exe as suggested) It's still not perfect as some bluray and dvd Iso's often seem to get ejected before TMT6 can start, it's really weird?? some times restarting TMT6 helps, any idea whats happening there?
Anyway thanks for the quick reply I've been wanting to fix this for ages.
-Rob

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - frieten - 2014-04-19

Not sure why this would be needed any more? I've been using xbmc native for over a year now playing bluray with menus and everything with no problems.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Rob55Levo - 2014-04-20

Really frieten? How is that possible??, Bluray with menus in xbmc is VERY buggy from my experience and Im using Gotham Beta 3?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - frieten - 2014-04-20

I download all my movies now in full bluray with menus, watched something like 100 movies and only had issues with about 3 of them. I'm also on current Gotham but I've been doing this since frodo, it's good enough that I let me nieces and nephews use it lol

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Rob55Levo - 2014-04-20

Your the first person I have come across who says bluray menus work that well, I've checked out a LOT of forums about bluray menus in xbmc and no one says its working well enough yet, the day the folks at xbmc get it working properly will be awesome, I have a lot of blurays too. You must be lucky in that most of your blurays have the simpler menu format (don't know what its called) that xbmc can just about handle. I think when the new libbluray is added to xbmc it may help a lot from my research.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Beanboy - 2014-04-20

Bluray,
I was running a PC for my HTPC, but decidedly to go to a Mac mini because of stability and video calibration issues. On my PC I had an external launcher working fine, but the process seems very different on macs. Different iso mounters, blu ray software, and XML files/code.

Have you ever thought about doing even a rough tutorial for macs on how to do an external player launch to read ISO bluray from xbmc? Your PC tutorial is so fantastic that it kills me to not have this resource.

Thanks for your time and contributions to the forum,

Parker

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2014-04-20

(2014-04-20, 18:53)Beanboy Wrote: Bluray,
I was running a PC for my HTPC, but decidedly to go to a Mac mini because of stability and video calibration issues. On my PC I had an external launcher working fine, but the process seems very different on macs. Different iso mounters, blu ray software, and XML files/code.

Have you ever thought about doing even a rough tutorial for macs on how to do an external player launch to read ISO bluray from xbmc? Your PC tutorial is so fantastic that it kills me to not have this resource.

Thanks for your time and contributions to the forum,

Parker
Sorry Parker. I don't have Mac...

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2014-04-20

(2014-04-19, 23:12)frieten Wrote: Not sure why this would be needed any more? I've been using xbmc native for over a year now playing bluray with menus and everything with no problems.
This has been discussed many times. All of us wish that XBMC menu works the same way as PowerDVD and TotalMedia Theatre so we don't have to waste our time messing around with an external player. Can you do as shown below with XBMC?

(2014-04-19, 23:07)Rob55Levo Wrote: THANKS Bluray!!
That code has helped ALOT, now most of my movies play in metro mode (I did change the exe as suggested) It's still not perfect as some bluray and dvd Iso's often seem to get ejected before TMT6 can start, it's really weird?? some times restarting TMT6 helps, any idea whats happening there?
Anyway thanks for the quick reply I've been wanting to fix this for ages.
-Rob
I don't have TMT6 to try on my Windows 8.1 for you. You might want to post the debug log for the trouble movie. Hopefully, someone recognizes your error code.....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - frieten - 2014-04-21

Hmm yeah true bluray, I guess my menus are all classed as simple then, did not realise there was still people having issues with xbmc. One day we can hope lol

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2014-04-21

(2014-04-21, 04:04)frieten Wrote: Hmm yeah true bluray, I guess my menus are all classed as simple then, did not realise there was still people having issues with xbmc. One day we can hope lol
There is no problem with XBMC, and it works as advertised. It just don't have the same Blu-ray menu options as paid media players....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Rob55Levo - 2014-04-22

I spoke to soon, it would seem...Metro mode is still buggy as hell, I don't see why it's just a different interface. Oh well, stick with normal mode.
The reason I wanted Metro was because the mouse doesn't have to be moved if its on the top or bottom of the screen which forces the bars to appear and stay on screen in TMT6 until the mouse is moved. I like to put my keyboard and mouse away under my table and only use the MCE remote when watching movies. Also the fast forward buttons on my remote only work in metro mode and not in normal mode. (I know this can be fixed somehow). Also I just love the look of metro as its just so clean. I know there are many different interfaces for TMT and Powerdvd but I don't like any of them someone knocks off the table or puts their feet on it and the bars on every interface but metro pop up which kind of breaks up the whole movie experience. I know its a little thing and I'm probably been a bit of a perfectionist but its just annoying.
Anyway...

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Rob55Levo - 2014-04-25

I'll write this incase anyone else has the same problem, Arcsoft support told me to download these two files and replace my existing files with them. I discovered you only need to replace uMetroASUIBaseWnd.mmz to C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\Plugins\VideoModule\PlayDVD and everything works fine, do NOT replace the EXE file.

http://www.arcsoft.com/support/customer_faq.asp?rid=M3YGOEVQCGJVYKWJSLI6OXXY0LUTNRPL

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - capfuturo - 2014-04-25

(2014-04-21, 04:49)bluray Wrote:
(2014-04-21, 04:04)frieten Wrote: Hmm yeah true bluray, I guess my menus are all classed as simple then, did not realise there was still people having issues with xbmc. One day we can hope lol
There is no problem with XBMC, and it works as advertised. It just don't have the same Blu-ray menu options as paid media players....

@frieten: BD-J (java) menus are yet to be fully supported internally by XBMC. So whatever the menus you are actually able to access within XBMC I assure you those aren't BD-J, which leaves us with a considerable percentage of BD titles going straight into playing the main feature. This is why, besides the reasons given by others on this thread, some of us have set up an external player (via software or via stand-alone BD player/renderer) that supports BD-J.

XBMC team is working on BD-J support, nonetheless they will not release this feature until they feel is somehow technically well accomplished.

Hope this clarifies the matter further.