Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Cornucopia - 2014-04-25

Hello all,

a post on page 100 of this thread stated, that when xbmc (frodo) plays a blueray iso it always pops up the annoying "choose file or play with menu" window and that this behaviour cannot be avoided.

I recently installed the videoextras addon by Rob Webset and found out, that it plays blueray iso without this popup (using TMT as external Player). Rob stated in the videoextras thread, that he does nothing special to accomplish that. He just calls the player through a python script.

Could it be possible to implement such a phyton script in a skin, so that the "normal" start of a movie or tv-show blueray works in that way? Or does anyone know where in xbmc/skin code the player is actually called?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - BZee - 2014-05-04

Frodo 12.3 on a MS Surface Pro [win8.1]

I'm attempting to set up an external player using PowerDVD 14 to play BD ISOs and also Blu-ray discs ripped to folders by AnyDVD HD. I've used the files from post#1 of this thread and also tried the files "bluray" provided for "rmilyard" (post#2113 on page 141). BD ISOs are working but not folders. When I select a Blu-ray ripped folder, PowerDVD does open but expects a mounted disc as if I had selected a BD ISO. If I open PowerDVD directly rather than via XBMC it will play movies in BD folders. I'll appreciate any help in getting folders to play. If you need to see my Playercorefactory.xml and PlayISO.bat is it permissible to post them here as text or should I use sendspace.com?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2014-05-05

(2014-05-04, 12:38)BZee Wrote: Frodo 12.3 on a MS Surface Pro [win8.1]

BD ISOs are working but not folders. When I select a Blu-ray ripped folder, PowerDVD does open but expects a mounted disc as if I had selected a BD ISO.
Did you use this "<rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls" player="ISO_BDMV_Player"/>" rule? Blu-ray folder works fine with XBMC+TMT on my Surface Pro 8.1. You can try different PDVD .exe too....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - salora - 2014-05-05

I have the same issue with bdmv folders and powerdvd
pdvd opens but Read nothing, it's ok (Almost) with iso

the workaround i found is to change all my folder into iso ;(

some other issues too with iso :

- I have to open context menu and select "read with" to play a bluray iso , otherwise it does nothing
- when I do that it launch the command line , that mount the iso, launch pdvd and unmount the iso , doing that pdvd find nothing to read

if the player in the bat file is mpc-hc for example the iso is unmounted only when i close the player.
I don't know how to solve this, the only thing I found is to delete the unmount line from the bat file Sad

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - BZee - 2014-05-05

(2014-05-05, 04:30)bluray Wrote: Did you use this "<rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls" player="ISO_BDMV_Player"/>" rule? Blu-ray folder works fine with XBMC+TMT on my Surface Pro 8.1. You can try different PDVD .exe too....

Yes:

<!-- Bluray ISO/BDMV -->
<rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls" player="ISO_BDMV_Player"/>
<!-- Multiple files -->
<!rule filetypes="m2ts|mkv|avi|ts" player="Universal_Player"/>

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<!rule filetypes="bd|ifo" player="Disc_Player"/>

and PlayISO.bat:

Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:iso=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO playiso) ELSE (goto next)

:next
Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:mpls=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO plaympls) ELSE (goto playbdmv)

:playiso
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD14\PowerDVD.exe" H:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u
GOTO end

:plaympls
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:~1,-25%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD14\PowerDVD.exe" "%pth%" exit
GOTO end

:playbdmv
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\MovieObject.bdmv=%
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD14\PowerDVD.exe" %pth% exit
GOTO end

:end
exit

I have now tried all 4 "PDVD" exes. I also own TMT3 and tried all 3 of its exes. If you don't see anything wrong with my code, I'll purchase a newer version of TMT.

salora,

My XBMC + PowerDVD14 works fully with ISOs. I select the movie in XBMC and the "Select playback item" menu comes up. I select "Show bluray menus" and PowerDVD opens and shows "Detecting Drive' then "Loading blu-ray Disc...". Then the movie starts. If I then stop the movie but do not close PowerDVD, the ISO is still mounted in VirtualCloneDrive.

Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - salora - 2014-05-05

Well I Will try this
I am also surprised That you don ´ t use pdvdlp.exe
Maybe it´s why it don ´t work on my setup
But as far as i remember i am using pdvdlp.exe because it was the only one launching

Maybe some clue for reading folders with pdvd

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/27715.page

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - salora - 2014-05-05

good news is I replaced pdvdlp.exe by powerdvd.exe and it solved the issue i had when mounting/unmounting the iso

bad news is if I select an iso bluray , I have the pop up , I select show bluray menu, nothing happen

I don't know what I'm missing

so if someone can find i will appreciate

here is xbmc log

Code:
20:37:44 T:1720  NOTICE: ExternalPlayer Filename: C:\Users\homecinema\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat
20:37:44 T:1720  NOTICE: ExternalPlayer Tweaks: hideconsole (true), hidexbmc (true), islauncher (false), warpcursor (topleft)
20:37:44 T:1720  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::OpenFile: bluray://udf%3a%2f%2fsmb%253a%252f%252fSERVEUR%252fE%252fbluray%252fsaga%2520harry%2520potter%252fHarry%2520potter%2520%25c3%25a0%2520l%2527%25c3%25a9cole%2520des%2520sorciers%252fHarry%2520potter%2520%25c3%25a0%2520l%2527%25c3%25a9cole%2520des%2520sorciers.iso%2f/BDMV/MovieObject.bdmv
20:37:44 T:5636  NOTICE: Thread ExternalPlayer start, auto delete: false
20:37:44 T:5636  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: Player : C:\Users\homecinema\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat
20:37:44 T:5636  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: File   : \\SERVEUR\E\bluray\saga harry potter\Harry potter à l'école des sorciers\Harry potter à l'école des sorciers.iso
20:37:44 T:5636  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: Content:
20:37:44 T:5636  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: Args   : "{1}"
20:37:44 T:5636  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: Start
20:37:44 T:5636  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: Warping cursor to (0,0)
20:37:44 T:5636  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: Hiding XBMC window
20:37:44 T:5636  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32:  "C:\Users\homecinema\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat" "\\SERVEUR\E\bluray\saga harry potter\Harry potter à l'école des sorciers\Harry potter à l'école des sorciers.iso"
20:37:49 T:5636  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32: WAIT_OBJECT_0
20:37:49 T:5636  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: Stop
20:37:49 T:5636  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: Showing XBMC window TOPMOST
20:37:49 T:5636  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: Restoring cursor to (209,541)

i'm using this as playiso.bat

Code:
Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:iso=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO playiso) ELSE (goto next)

:next
Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:mpls=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO plaympls) ELSE (goto playbdmv)

:playiso
"C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools lite\DTlite.exe" -mount 0,%1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\PowerDVD13.exe" E:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools lite\DTlite.exe" -unmount 0
GOTO end

:plaympls
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:~1,-25%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\PowerDVD13.exe" "%pth%" exit
GOTO end

:playbdmv
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\MovieObject.bdmv=%
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\PowerDVD13.exe" %pth% exit
GOTO end

:end
exit

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - brazen1 - 2014-05-05

A couple posts up you were mounting to drive H with VCD:. Now you're mounting to drive E: with DTlite? Make sure the drive you're using is what is in the .bat. Also, did you toggle full screen window on/off in XBMC?

I'm trying everything to make it work

I tested the playiso.bat directly on a iso

right click and open with playiso.bat
everything is working as expected

so if there is something wrong I guess it's xbmc or plyercorefactory

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - al0258 - 2014-05-08

hi everyone
i have TMT 6 and i want to play BDMV with the metro version of TMT i tried changing the code but without success
what do i need to change?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - al0258 - 2014-05-09

Hi
im still trying to find an answer
what do i need to write in my code for BDMV to open in the metro version of TMT 6
thank you

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Skank - 2014-05-14

Ok, now i'm using xbmc gotham, its time for me to jump back into this for 3D

I got some 3D mvc movies that i wish to play using tmt as external player in xbmc
Only for those movies.

Does this still work?

Bluray, can you help me with this please?

I've got 2 kind of 3d movies

- one is just an iso file
- another one is a blurayfolder structure but with a mini iso made by dvdfab that should be mounted first

Is this possible?

Theres another problem with the first kind Smile

Not all my iso files are 3d movies
So for not 3d movies it shouldnt use tmt
However i did split up the sources:

- movies (2d)
- kids movies (2d)
- 3d movies
- 3d kids movies

How do i do this?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Skank - 2014-05-26

(2014-05-14, 11:16)Skank Wrote: Ok, now i'm using xbmc gotham, its time for me to jump back into this for 3D

I got some 3D mvc movies that i wish to play using tmt as external player in xbmc
Only for those movies.

Does this still work?

Bluray, can you help me with this please?

I've got 2 kind of 3d movies

- one is just an iso file
- another one is a blurayfolder structure but with a mini iso made by dvdfab that should be mounted first

Is this possible?

Theres another problem with the first kind Smile

Not all my iso files are 3d movies
So for not 3d movies it shouldnt use tmt
However i did split up the sources:

- movies (2d)
- kids movies (2d)
- 3d movies
- 3d kids movies

How do i do this?

Bluray?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bry - 2014-06-11

would I be able to use this for bluray discs and just have xbmc setup with Stub files?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - User 167525 - 2014-06-11

(2014-06-11, 15:57)bry- Wrote: would I be able to use this for bluray discs and just have xbmc setup with Stub files?

I run all my mkv files in xbmc and all my iso files and real bluray disc with this code in an external player.