Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

- bluray - 2012-01-27

@edd-

You can try these two suggestions below:

1. Install- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86). Try playback a blu-ray disc afterward. If it is still the same, you can move to step #3.

2. Maybe XBMC PlayDisc option is having conflict with Windows 7 Autoplay. You can try to disable it by- (type "autoplay" in W7 Start search box to access it).
Auto Play:

- bluray - 2012-01-27

patseguin Wrote:Nothing I am trying is letting me play back or even see my ISO's. Any chance this can just be incorporated into the next beta? ;-)
Maybe, your HTPC need this too- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86).

If ISO still cannot playback on XBMC, you might want to consider setup XBMC external player then!

- Mrbrooks - 2012-01-27

Hi Bluray,

I have started all over again, and now with beta eden 11.2 but still the same, power dvd opens in front of xbmx, but it wont start playing anything just as if the instruction of what to play was missing...

Also, were is the universal player bat you mention to me last night?

Here are my files:

Thank you very much for your help, i would really love to see this work because after using xbmc movie guide going back plain windows is a loss....

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Core\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
<player name="BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Core\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
</player>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Core\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe</filename>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filename=".*iso.*" player="ISO_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filename=".*bdmv.*" player="BDMV_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray MKV -->
<rule filename=".*mkv.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray M2TS -->
<rule filename=".*m2ts.*" player="Universal_Player"/>

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule protocols="bd|dvd" player="Disc_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

@echo off
rem you can place your PlayBDMV file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" %pth% exit

- bluray - 2012-01-27

@mrbrooks-
You're codes seem okay. Did you try to playback by selecting index.bdmv in blu-ray folder?

- Mrbrooks - 2012-01-27

bluray Wrote:@mrbrooks-
You're codes seem okay. Did you try to playback by selecting index.bdmv in blu-ray folder?

Hi, i have just try that and actually there was a check mark in index.bdmv and still the same both using bdmv player and universal player, i am using windows 7 64 bits sp1.

Any other idea?

Thanks

- Mrbrooks - 2012-01-27

Mrbrooks Wrote:Hi, i have just try that and actually there was a check mark in index.bdmv and still the same both using bdmv player and universal player, i am using windows 7 64 bits sp1.

Any other idea?

Thanks

Ok i just managed to make it work with mpc, powerdvd still not working...

- raidflex - 2012-01-27

bluray Wrote:I'm glad that it work out for you, and congratulation! Smile

Yes, you can. You can try the playercorefactory codes and rules below:

1. Download Playercorefactory.xml and PlayHDaudio.bat
2. Save both files in AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata folder
3. Change this path in Playercorefactory codes to match the path of PlayHDaudio on your HTPC- (C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayHDaudio.bat)
4. Name your movie in this format "title_DTS-HD.mkv" or "title_TrueHD.mkv"
5. Launch XBMC and you try the DTS-HD or TrueHD MKV movie

I tried it on my HTPC and it worked fine. I hope that it will work on your HTPC too!

Thanks for the help this did work with one exception when I stop the movie the system does go back to XBMC but the movie does not stop playing in TMT5. Please advise. Thanks.

- spliffen - 2012-01-27

Hi ,
I am using mpc-hc as external player , is possible to force mpc to close and xbmc to be infront when you push stop button ?

Today when i push the stop button the movie stops but the player remains open until i close it , then xbmc pops up again.
I would like xbmc pop up when i stop the movie.

Im using eden beta 2 - mpc-hc with ffdshow to bitstream dts master and dolby true hd , works very nice.

Thanks for any help or replyes .

Hope you can understand my english =)

Best regards ..

- bluray - 2012-01-27

raidflex Wrote:Thanks for the help this did work with one exception when I stop the movie the system does go back to XBMC but the movie does not stop playing in TMT5. Please advise. Thanks.
I'm glad that it worked. The movie should stop completely when you press "stop", and you should be able to go back to XBMC with "back" button. Make sure that you use "uMCEPlayer5.exe" in your codes!

- bluray - 2012-01-27

spliffen Wrote:Hi ,
I am using mpc-hc as external player , is possible to force mpc to close and xbmc to be infront when you push stop button ?

Today when i push the stop button the movie stops but the player remains open until i close it , then xbmc pops up again.
I would like xbmc pop up when i stop the movie.

Im using eden beta 2 - mpc-hc with ffdshow to bitstream dts master and dolby true hd , works very nice.

Thanks for any help or replyes .

Hope you can understand my english =)

Best regards ..
Yes, you can do by setting MPC-HC Key to stop and exit MPC-HC as shown in my screen shot below:

- Mrbrooks - 2012-01-27

Mrbrooks Wrote:Ok i just managed to make it work with mpc, powerdvd still not working...

Ok, i made a test using BDMV player and Universal player both linked to mpc.

Test Findings:

a) With the universal player option i am able to make work mpc with an mp4 file ad a BDMV directory.

b) With the BDMV player option i am able to make work mpc with mp4 files but with the BDMV file, mpc opens and says file not found....

So what am i missing to make BDMV directories play with external players?

Thanks

Test Code:

<player name="BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Core\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
</player>

<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\mpc-hc.exe</filename>

@echo off
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\mpc-hc.exe" %pth% exit

- raidflex - 2012-01-27

bluray Wrote:I'm glad that it worked. The movie should stop completely when you press "stop", and you should be able to go back to XBMC with "back" button. Make sure that you use "uMCEPlayer5.exe" in your codes!

The path in the PlayHDaudio.bat file does point to uMCEPlayer5.exe and I verified that the file exists.

What I have noticed is that if I hit stop on the remote the movie will not stop playing in TMT5 and it will just switch back to XBMC with movie playing in background. If I use a mouse and manually hit stop on the TMT5MCE plugin the movie will stop, but it will not switch back to XMBC unit I hit the back on the remote.

Also when manually stopping the movie and hitting back on the remote XBMC still says that the external player is active until I hit OK.

- bluray - 2012-01-27

Mrbrooks Wrote:Ok i just managed to make it work with mpc, powerdvd still not working...
I'm not quite sure why it didn't work with PDVD11. Unfortunately, I don't have PDVD11 to verify it. It works fine with PDVD10 on two of my HTPC's though!

- bluray - 2012-01-27

Mrbrooks Wrote:b) With the BDMV player option i am able to make work mpc with mp4 files but with the BDMV file, mpc opens and says file not found....

So what am i missing to make BDMV directories play with external players?

Thanks
You can set your PlayBDMV.bat as shown below:

@echo off

set pth=%1
"C:\Program Files\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\mpc-hc64.exe" %pth% exit

-Every player works slightly different....

- bluray - 2012-01-27

raidflex Wrote:The path in the PlayHDaudio.bat file does point to uMCEPlayer5.exe and I verified that the file exists.

What I have noticed is that if I hit stop on the remote the movie will not stop playing in TMT5 and it will just switch back to XBMC with movie playing in background. If I use a mouse and manually hit stop on the TMT5MCE plugin the movie will stop, but it will not switch back to XBMC unit I hit the back on the remote.

Also when manually stopping the movie and hitting back on the remote XBMC still says that the external player is active until I hit OK.
I think it have something to do with TMT5 PlayDVD codes in "AppData\Roaming\ArcSoft\ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre 5\5.0".

I forgot what I did in it to make it work. When I can think of it, I'll let you know. Sorry, my brain went blank on me. You can google under TMT5 "stop/exit" keymap too..!