Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

- spliffen - 2012-01-28

bluray Wrote:Yes, you can do by setting MPC-HC Key to stop and exit MPC-HC as shown in my screen shot below:

Thanks for the reply, that did it =)

My next problem is that xbmc it self takes about 25-30% gpu load , why is that?
Gpu load for just mpc-hc is about 12-20% , but when running xbmc with mpc-hc as external player gpu load is 99-100% and video is choppy and freezes.
I know that amd fusion e450 is not that powerful but it looks like some kind of conflict or something .

Best regards

- bluray - 2012-01-28

spliffen Wrote:Thanks for the reply, that did it =)

My next problem is that xbmc it self takes about 25-30% gpu load , why is that?
Gpu load for just mpc-hc is about 12-20% , but when running xbmc with mpc-hc as external player gpu load is 99-100% and video is choppy and freezes.
I know that amd fusion e450 is not that powerful but it looks like some kind of conflict or something .

Best regards
I'm glad that MPC-HC keymap works out for you!

Try to change these lines in playercorefactory to "true". Try one line at a time. If it improve playback, you have your answer.

<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>

video="true">

- Mrbrooks - 2012-01-28

Hi Bluray

I finally got both powerdvd11 and MPC working, the code was not the problem, i managed to get it working by uninstalling PDVD and reinstalling it again.... i was going nuts... i spend like 3 or 4 days not watching movies or videos beceause i was obssesed with it.

Thanks and have a good weekend!!!

This is my finall working code just for reference. Now i am going to enjoy a couple of movies and then i will taka a dive into the iso part...

<playercorefactory>

<players>
<player name="PDVD11" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe</filename>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
<player name="MPC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>
</player>
</players>

<rules action="prepend">
<rule name="Blu-Ray" protocols="bd" player="PDVD11"/>
<rule filetypes="mkv|ts|mts|m2ts" player="PDVD11"/>
</rules>

</playercorefactory>

- raidflex - 2012-01-28

bluray Wrote:I think it have something to do with TMT5 PlayDVD codes in "AppData\Roaming\ArcSoft\ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre 5\5.0".

I forgot what I did in it to make it work. When I can think of it, I'll let you know. Sorry, my brain went blank on me. You can google under TMT5 "stop/exit" keymap too..!

Were you able to figure this out? Thanks.

- bluray - 2012-01-29

raidflex Wrote:Were you able to figure this out? Thanks.
I never have a chance to look into to it. I am very busy house works this weekend!

- bluray - 2012-01-29

MrBrooks- I'm glad that it works out for you. Your rules doesn't required MPC-HC. If you don't want clutter, you can remove it from Playercorefactory codes.

After a job well done, it is time to enjoy the movie!

- spliffen - 2012-01-30

bluray Wrote:I'm glad that MPC-HC keymap works out for you!

Try to change these lines in playercorefactory to "true". Try one line at a time. If it improve playback, you have your answer.

video="true">

Thank you so much for your help , it solved my last problems !

Best regards

Cant get it to work properly - tomera69 - 2012-01-30

Dear bluray,
so, i have tried your "simple playercorefactory" for playing BDMV.
The result, xbmc dissapear, tmt5 comes up, (its trial version of tmt new build with automatic refresh rate change), i press "Free Trial" box, xbmc comes back and the movie i tried to watch is markes as "watched". i Alt+Tab, and tmt5 is ther but would not play the film. it just waits for my command to do something.
Next thing i did was to use your "Play BDMV", in conjuction with the full relevant playercorefactory, and now the result is much better, but still not there.
now, when i play a bdmv film with xbmc ( the default player now for bdmv is "play bdmv" ,obviously ), xbmc dissapear, tmt5 come on, i press "Free Trial", tmt5 dissapear, xbmc comes on with the movie marked as watched (as Before), but now when i Alt+Tab, i can see that tmt5 is starting to play the movie. which is good, but not quite.
please see the playercorefactory ( which i have modified a little) attached and please tell me how do i make the tmt5 stay on top.

playercorefactory:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<!-- You can place your PlayBDMV file anywhere -->
<filename>C:\Users\Kiper\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"/fullscreen</args>

</player>

</players>
<rules action="prepend">

<rule filetypes="bdmv" player="BDMV_Player"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>
_______________________________________________________________-

Play Bdmv:

@echo off
rem you can place your PlayBDMV file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uLaunchTMT5.exe" %pth% exit

i am using :
Win7 ultimate 64bit.
tmt5 ver: totalmediatheatre5_retail_tbyb_all

Thanx in advance for any help,
Tomer

- bluray - 2012-01-31

@Tomera-

Your Playercorefactory and PlayBDMC codes are correct. You can try to TMT5 playback as shown in my screen shot below:

i Already did that. - tomera69 - 2012-01-31

that is not where the problem lies.
hopefully u can think of something else.

also, in regard to your hd audio solution: in order for it to work properly, does xbmc need to work with DXVA2?, i assume it does, because when i disable DXVA2 it does not work properly. the problem is i have Intel I3-540, wich craetes macroblocking when xbmc is using DXVA.

i will post my xbmc log, so you can see why is the xbmc screen comes back on much too soon:

http://pastebin.com/cRjr0b8T

thank you for your help

Tomer

- jarwha - 2012-01-31

Hi,
I am using WinDVD11. WinDVD11 has no command line (like PDVD I think).
I am using the following PlayISO.bat:

@echo off
%1
start "" "C:\Program Files\Corel\WinDVD11\WinDVDFs.exe"
exit

WinDVD is starting and plays the iso....

- bluray - 2012-01-31

tomera69 Wrote:that is not where the problem lies.
hopefully u can think of something else.

also, in regard to your hd audio solution: in order for it to work properly, does xbmc need to work with DXVA2?, i assume it does, because when i disable DXVA2 it does not work properly. the problem is i have Intel I3-540, wich craetes macroblocking when xbmc is using DXVA.

i will post my xbmc log, so you can see why is the xbmc screen comes back on much too soon:

http://pastebin.com/cRjr0b8T

thank you for your help

Tomer
As far as Playercorefactory codes for TMT5, everything seems to be okay. It might have something to do with TMT5 free trial version. Usually free trial version don't have the entire options as the full paid version. If you expected index.bdmv to playback automatically, it wouldn't. It's setup so that you can maneuver through BD folder with a couple clicks to get to index.bdmv. When you click on index.bdmv, it'll use TMT5 for playback and you'll have all the original BD options (menus, previews, HD audio, etc).

As far as DXVA2, I tried both ways (with and without) and it seems to work fine with AMD GPU and Nvidia GPU. I don't have Intel GPU to very for you. Is your Intel GPU driver up to date?

- bluray - 2012-01-31

jarwha Wrote:Hi,
I am using WinDVD11. WinDVD11 has no command line (like PDVD I think).
I am using the following PlayISO.bat:

@echo off
%1
start "" "C:\Program Files\Corel\WinDVD11\WinDVDFs.exe"
exit

WinDVD is starting and plays the iso....
Here are ISO codes for PDVD11 codes:

Playercorefactory.xml-

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\[COLOR="green"]your user go here
\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userd ata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filename=".*iso.*" player="ISO_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>[/COLOR]

PlayISO.bat-

@echo off
rem you can place your PlayISO file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
rem you need to put the correct VCDMount drive letter in the command below

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" N:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u

very sad, me. - tomera69 - 2012-01-31

[quote=bluray]As far as Playercorefactory codes for TMT5, everything seems to be okay. It might have something to do with TMT5 free trial version. Usually free trial version don't have the entire options as the full paid version. If you expected index.bdmv to playback automatically, it wouldn't. It's setup so that you can maneuver through BD folder with a couple clicks to get to index.bdmv. When you click on index.bdmv, it'll use TMT5 for playback and you'll have all the original BD options (menus, previews, HD audio, etc).

I dont exactly understand what u mean?!...

when i play bdmv movie with exbmc( with the special playercorefactory), it starts the tmt5 properly, i get the tmt5 screen which gives me two options. once i choose trial, it starts bringing up the movie menu and all, but then, ( half a second after), it brings up the xbmc screen, while in the background, i can hear the tmt playing. if i Alt+Tab, i do see the menu for the bdmv and i can play, the film.
obviously when workin with a keyboard that wouldnot be a problem, i could live with that, but when working with a remote control, it is quite impossible to switch bacck to the tmt screen.
plase, if u can, try and have a llok at my playercorefactory, and playbdmv codes carefully, there must be something that makes the xbmc screen come up so quickly, instead at the end of the film. moreover, i tried this: in system video settings (xbmc), i unticked the " use full screen window rather then true fullscreen", and try to play the bdmv film again. in this case, tmt wont even start, and the xbmc screen comes goes back to the library view, stating that "external player is active", and ask me to "press ok when playback has ended",
please bluray try and have a deeper look/solution.

- bluray - 2012-01-31

@Tomera,
When I said your playercorefactory codes for TMT5 looked okay last night, it's exactly what I meant. I tried your playercorefactory codes on my HTPC last night before I made the comment. It worked fine on my HTPC with full paid TMT5 version. When I clicked BD index.bdmv, TMT5 kicked on and stayed on for the duration of playback. The only time it went back to XBMC screen was when I stopped the movie and clicked backspace on my keyboard.

As I mentioned, it must have something to do with your free trial version!