Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

- bluray - 2012-02-20

bluray Wrote:Try these:

1. I noticed your VCD have only one drive. Can you add one more drive? It'll will be "G" drive.
2. Download these new "Playercorefactory.xml, PlayDisc.bat, PlayBDMV.bat and PlayISO.bat". Save all files in "C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\" folder. If you want to make sure that the drives and directories are correct in all the files, you can verify the codes in it.
3. Double click Playercorefacotry.xml, to make sure that it can launch without error.
4. Right click one of your BD ISO movie and openwith PlayISO.bat (it should launch PDVD12 and playback movie automatically). You can close it afterward.
5. Launch XBMC, and try to playback the same BD ISO movie through XBMC UI.
5. We'll see how it turn out!
Hey; to my surprise, PDVD12 don't supprt BD ISO and BDMV files. After you download all the files, you have to change PDVD12 to PDVD11 in all bat and xml files with this- C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe.

PDVD12 supports BD M2TS and MKV files, but you have to turn on it in PDVD12 settings/player/advanced/file association. Shocked

- Riker0007 - 2012-02-20

bluray Wrote:I'm not sure what happen, but here is the file again- playercorefactory.xml

So, I downloaded all and when I test it by right clicking and open with playiso.bat, it launches powerdvd but doesn't play
Please advise and thanks
R.

- pettergulbra - 2012-02-20

Hi

This looks like its nice to play DVD and Blu Ray. Without to click C and choose what it should be played with or something?
But what about the keys I use. Like C for DVD Menu, when I watch a DVD, P for play and so on. I`m talking about PD.

- bluray - 2012-02-20

LWGS Wrote:Hello, sorry my bad English.
I have read every post and now I am not getting the FullBluray commencement of the TMT5.

Now I just want to play mkv, m2ts, ts, ... and FullBluray

All the files work fine but the FullBluray not start with the TMT5.

Where I have the error?

thanks
It's a long post, and you can easily get confused by it.

Download these new "Playercorefactory.xml, PlayDisc.bat, PlayBDMV.bat and PlayISO.bat". Save all the files in "C:\Usuarios\LAWREN\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata" folder. You need to make sure that the drives and directories are correct in all the files.

- bluray - 2012-02-20

Riker0007 Wrote:So, I downloaded all and when I test it by right clicking and open with playiso.bat, it launches powerdvd but doesn't play
Please advise and thanks
R.
As I mentioned earlier, PDVD12 doesn't seem to support BD ISO. You need to replace your existing PlayISO.bat codes with these codes below, and you need to make sure that PowerDVD 11 is installed in your HTPC instead of PowerDVD 12.

@echo off
rem you can place your PlayISO file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
rem you need to put the correct VCDMount drive letter in the command below

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" G:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u

- Riker0007 - 2012-02-20

bluray Wrote:As I mentioned earlier, PDVD12 doesn't seem to support BD ISO. You need to replace your existing PlayISO.bat codes with these codes below, and you need to make sure that PowerDVD 11 is installed in your HTPC instead of PowerDVD 12.

@echo off
rem you can place your PlayISO file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
rem you need to put the correct VCDMount drive letter in the command below

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" G:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u

Sorry, I don't have pwrdvd12. I'm using 11.
Powerdvd launches fine but doesn't play.
Thanks
R.

- bluray - 2012-02-20

Riker0007 Wrote:Sorry, I don't have pwrdvd12. I'm using 11.
Powerdvd launches fine but doesn't play.
Thanks
R.
Is the VCD drive in the code okay- "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" G:

- Riker0007 - 2012-02-20

bluray Wrote:Is the VCD drive in the code okay- "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" G:

No, it does not work. I don't get it. I right click on a blu ray iso and open with playiso.bat and powerdvd11 opens fine then after a couple seconds the main screen goes gray and I see upper rt area an eject button pops up.
Thanks for all your help.
R.

- bluray - 2012-02-20

Riker0007 Wrote:No, it does not work. I don't get it. I right click on a blu ray iso and open with playiso.bat and powerdvd11 opens fine then after a couple seconds the main screen goes gray and I see upper rt area an eject button pops up.
Thanks for all your help.
R.
My question to you is- Do you have "G" drive for VCD? Do you see "G" drive in "Computer"?

If it still not working, it might have something to do with PDVD11 installation (something might be corrupted). If you want, you can give the 15 days free trail of TMT5 a try.

- Chris12 - 2012-02-20

bluray Wrote:Try these:

1. I noticed your VCD have only one drive. Can you add one more drive? It'll will be "G" drive.
2. Download these new "Playercorefactory.xml, PlayDisc.bat, PlayBDMV.bat and PlayISO.bat". Save all files in "C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\" folder. If you want to make sure that the drives and directories are correct in all the files, you can verify the codes in it.
3. Double click Playercorefacotry.xml, to make sure that it can launch without error.
4. Right click one of your BD ISO movie and openwith PlayISO.bat (it should launch PDVD12 and playback movie automatically). You can close it afterward.
5. Launch XBMC, and try to playback the same BD ISO movie through XBMC UI.
5. We'll see how it turn out!

Ok, I set the number of drives to 2 in VCD. And changed the driver letter in PlayISO.bat to G: (I allready changed the other files to use PowerDVD11)

Now when selecting an iso to play with PlayISO.bat, no message appears!
(unfortunattelly, Im using RDP atm and PowerDVD doesnt allow playback over terminal services... but I think it is working!)

In a couple of hours when I m @Home, I will try it directly on the HTPC.

One question, normal DVD ISO files should be played through XBMC, isnt that possible anymore now when using playercorefactory.xml?
Otherwise I think I should rename all my BR ISO files to something like <moviename>.BR.iso
and in the playercorefactory.xml :

<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filename=".*.BR.iso.*" player="ISO_Player"/>

Or is there an other (more easy) sollution?

- bluray - 2012-02-20

Chris12 Wrote:but I think it is working!)

In a couple of hours when I m @Home, I will try it directly on the HTPC.

One question, normal DVD ISO files should be played through XBMC, isnt that possible anymore now when using playercorefactory.xml?
Otherwise I think I should rename all my BR ISO files to something like <moviename>.BR.iso
and in the playercorefactory.xml :

<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filename=".*.BR.iso.*" player="ISO_Player"/>

Or is there an other (more easy) sollution?
I'm glad that you got it to work! Smile

Yes, you may need to bend the rule and rename your BD ISO file as shown below:

Try this rule-

<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filename=".*_BD.iso*" protocols="*_bd.iso*" player="ISO_Player"/>

Name your blu-ray disc ISO in this format- Avatar_BD.iso

It should allow you to playback BD iso using external player and DVD with XBMC.

- Chris12 - 2012-02-20

Unfortunatelly it isnt working yet.

When playing an _BD.iso file, PowerDVD11 opens (fullscreen) but nothing happens. The file is not played. When pressing the play button in PowerDVD11, a message from powerDVD stated *Please put a disc in drive E:* (that is the physical BRplayer drive letter).

When lokking at My Computer, I see that there is a drive G: but the selected file isnt mounted. I think that should be done with the PlayISO.bat file right?

At the moment Im using the files you suggested, including the _DB.iso rule (as shown above here)

- bluray - 2012-02-20

Chris12 Wrote:Unfortunatelly it isnt working yet.

When playing an _BD.iso file, PowerDVD11 opens (fullscreen) but nothing happens. The file is not played. When pressing the play button in PowerDVD11, a message from powerDVD stated *Please put a disc in drive E:* (that is the physical BRplayer drive letter).

When lokking at My Computer, I see that there is a drive G: but the selected file isnt mounted. I think that should be done with the PlayISO.bat file right?

At the moment Im using the files you suggested, including the _DB.iso rule (as shown above here)
Is BD ISO work fine with the standard (<rule filename=".*iso.*" player="ISO_Player"/>) using PDVD11?

If the standard rule work fine with PDVD11, I'll try to come up with BD ISO rule for you when I get home tonight!

- Riker0007 - 2012-02-20

[HTML][/HTML]
bluray Wrote:Is BD ISO work fine with the standard (<rule filename=".*iso.*" player="ISO_Player"/>) using PDVD11?

If the standard rule work fine with PDVD11, I'll try to come up with BD ISO rule for you when I get home tonight!

Can u plead give me an example of what it should be. Sorry for being a tard.

- Chris12 - 2012-02-20

bluray Wrote:Is BD ISO work fine with the standard (<rule filename=".*iso.*" player="ISO_Player"/>) using PDVD11?

No also the standard rule doesn not work. The same message when pressing play button in powerDVD11 (allthough auto-played should it be, if the bat file was working).

I think it has something to do with VCD, because the .iso isnt mounted at all when running the playISO.bat file. (is not shown in my computer -> drive G: )
When looking in AnyDVD after running the PlayISO.bat file, I can see that the drive G: has no iso file

No disc found in drive G:!
ELBY CLONEDRIVE 1.4

Im using SlySoft AnyDVD HD v6.9.1.0