Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

- ImTheDJ - 2012-03-02

Watcher Wrote:Hi
I've got TMT3 working as an external player perfectly, at last. Problem is when I exit the TMT3, XBMC immediately restarts TMT3. I have to close it again and try and hit the X key, in XBMC about 7 or 10 times before it stops trying to start TMT3. I've tried PowerDVD11 also and the same thing happens. I can't find a solution in the forums or google (let alone someone else with this problem). I was wondering if you or anyone here has come across this and knows of a solution.

TIA

Watcher

Same problem here, except I'm using TMT5. I'm also playing the blu ray from a ripped folder, but I don't think that's the problem.

- acemt - 2012-03-02

bluray Wrote:Actually, I never use DSplayer. I still preferred external player to enjoy all the original BD menus, chapters, etc as you can see in the screen shots below.

For what you are trying to achieve, you should be able to use the codes below in playercorefactory.xml. Make sure to save playercorefactory.xml in \AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata folder.

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe</filename>
<args>"{E:}"</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filename=".*mkv.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule filename=".*m2ts.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule filename=".*mts.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule filename=".*ts.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule filename=".*avi.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule filename=".*mp4.*" player="Universal_Player"/>

<rule protocol="bd|dvd" player="Disc_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Thanks, will give it a shot over the weekend and report back.

Do I need to do this in a different version of XBMC, or can I use the DSPlayer version? Should it matter?

Mark

- bluray - 2012-03-02

ImTheDJ Wrote:Same problem here, except I'm using TMT5. I'm also playing the blu ray from a ripped folder, but I don't think that's the problem.
Did you use uMCEPlayer5.exe? It work better with MCE remote. You can simply presses stop/back buttons on MCE remote to get back to XBMC screen.

- bluray - 2012-03-02

acemt Wrote:Thanks, will give it a shot over the weekend and report back.

Do I need to do this in a different version of XBMC, or can I use the DSPlayer version? Should it matter?

Mark
It should work with all released XBMC versions!

- ImTheDJ - 2012-03-02

bluray Wrote:Did you use uMCEPlayer5.exe? It work better with MCE remote. You can simply presses stop/back buttons on MCE remote to get back to XBMC screen.

I'm using my keyboard, but the codes were targeted to uMCEPlayer.exe. I guess that was the problem, but I still don't understand why it caused TMT5 to reopen. Anyway, I changed the target in PlayBDMV.bat to uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe and that fixed it! The regular video player for TMT5 takes a little longer to start than the MCE version, but it works all the same.

edit: well, after testing it again, the bug is back. Everything seems to be set up correctly, the coding isn't off... but XBMC just keeps starting the movie over in TMT5.
edit2: updated TMT5, all is resolved. I knew it couldn't have been the codes because I made sure that everything was in order. Anyway, thanks bluray!

- bluray - 2012-03-02

ImTheDJ Wrote:I'm using my keyboard, but the codes were targeted to uMCEPlayer.exe. I guess that was the problem, but I still don't understand why it caused TMT5 to reopen.
The uMCEPlayer suppose to work better with MCE remote.

ImTheDJ Wrote:Anyway, I changed the target in PlayBDMV.bat to uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe and that fixed it! The regular video player for TMT5 takes a little longer to start than the MCE version, but it works all the same.
uTotalMediaTheatre5 UI is slightly slower because it has more options than the simpler uMCEPlayer. But it should playback BD video/audio the same way for both versions though!

I'm glad you got it to work now....Smile

- Flow - 2012-03-03

bluray Wrote:If you use TMT5 "uMCEPlayer5.exe", it is easier to use remote to control TMT5. With my MCE remote, I can simply press "stop" button and "back" button on the remote while the movie is playing to return to XBMC.

I hope that you can find solution for your non-MCE remote!

I have found the solution for my non MCE remote using eventghost and keyboard emulation.

But this should be noted, TMT5 will NOT by design allow you to have playback automatically on a second monitor, you can drag it over manually but they have coded it so when you close the software and reopen it, it'll always be on monitor 1, so I'm out of luck with TMT5 unless someone has a better idea...

I find it hard to believe no one has been able to "hack" this!
However, it should be added to your guide for people with two monitor setup, you know, just as a warning if one intends to do so!

Now I'm looking to find that answer and can't find it for PDVD11, anyone knows?:confused2:

BTW if anyone needs the keyboard shortcuts for TMT5 they are right in your install folder here: C:/Program Files (x86)/ArcSoft/TotalMedia Theatre 5/Language/en-US/Help/MainFrame.html , simply click on Shortcuts!!

- Flow - 2012-03-03

Actually i have just tried Ultramon and it works if I make a shortcut of uMCEplayer5.exe and chose it's settings to be on monitor 2. This creates C:\ProgramData\Realtime Soft\UltraMon\ShellShortcuts\uMCEPlayer5.exe - Shortcut (2).umshortcut

Mine says shortcut 2 because i did a few tests, so it launches on my monitor but the bdmv index file does not auto start, and when i close it, xbmc tells me to press ok after to return, this you normally wouldn't see.

I did put %pth% exit after the line for the shortcut in PlayBDMV.bat is this getting broken because of ultramon? Should I include this in the path of the ultramon link maybe?

This is so close to the real thing now...!

- jmpa - 2012-03-03

bluray Wrote:If you want TMT5 or PDVD10 to playback just blu-ray (bdmv/iso/m2ts/mkv) files and PlayDisc option, and XBMC to playback all other files (avi/mp3/jpg), you can use this Playercorefactory file- (playercorefactory.xml).

You should be able to playback any BD file with DTS-HD and TrueHD using these codes! Smile

I did that and when I open xbmc my optical drive starts make a really weird sound and my xbmc freeze.

What is wrong? I am using the last release of XBMC.

- bluray - 2012-03-03

@Flow- I don't have another monitor to try some settings for you. Since it work with primary display, can you set your 2nd display to primary- Change display settings on multiple monitors.

The PlayBDMV.bat codes below works great with a primary monitor. It launch the movie from XBMC automatically, and it return to XBMC with stop/back buttons.

@echo off
rem you can place your PlayBDMV file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5" %pth% exit

- bluray - 2012-03-03

jmpa Wrote:I did that and when I open xbmc my optical drive starts make a really weird sound and my xbmc freeze.

What is wrong? I am using the last release of XBMC.
In your private message, you said you only want it to playback blu-ray disc. You can use these codes:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="BDPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe</filename>
<args>"{E:}" /fullscreen</args>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">

<!-- Bluray-->
<rule name="Blu-Ray" protocols="bd" player="BDPlayer"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

- jmpa - 2012-03-03

Thanks bluray.

But I did it and I still have the same problem. Is so weird...

I already did a lot of tutorials, step by step, tried 3 versions of xbmc, tmt3 and tmt5 and allways the same problem.

EDIT - I have Samsung B083 without firmware update. Can be that problem?
DVD and CD audio it plays well in XBMC.

- bluray - 2012-03-03

jmpa Wrote:Thanks bluray.

But I did it and I still have the same problem. Is so weird...

I already did a lot of tutorials, step by step, tried 3 versions of xbmc, tmt3 and tmt5 and allways the same problem.

EDIT - I have Samsung B083 without firmware update. Can be that problem?
DVD and CD audio it plays well in XBMC.
Try rename guisettings in roaming folder to guisettings_orig and relaunch xbmc to generate a new guisettings. You can try to playback the same movie again.

- jmpa - 2012-03-03

That's my problem:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=109344

- bluray - 2012-03-03

jmpa Wrote:That's my problem:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=109344
Have you try my suggestion on post #403?