Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

- jmpa - 2012-03-03

bluray Wrote:Try rename guisettings in roaming folder to guisettings_orig and relaunch xbmc to generate a new guisettings. You can try to playback the same movie again.

Worst.. XBMC freeze and my drive made even more weird sound.

- bluray - 2012-03-03

jmpa Wrote:Worst.. XBMC freeze and my drive made even more weird sound.
Is your GPU driver up to date?

- bluray - 2012-03-04

jmpa Wrote:Worst.. XBMC freeze and my drive made even more weird sound.
and have you try the latest eden_rc2?

- jmpa - 2012-03-04

I don't have dedicated GPU. I think it is updated.
I am using:
gigabyte z68ma-d2h-b3
i3 2105
crucial m4 ssd

- bluray - 2012-03-04

jmpa Wrote:I don't have dedicated GPU. I think it is updated.
I am using:
gigabyte z68ma-d2h-b3
i3 2105
crucial m4 ssd
How is the playback of blu-ray disc on the standalone PDVD11 or TMT5 or MPC-HC?

- jmpa - 2012-03-04

Is perfect!

- bluray - 2012-03-04

jmpa Wrote:Is perfect!
Have you try to disable DXVA2 and Sync to Display, and enable Match Refresh Rate to Source and Fullscreen Windows?

- Flow - 2012-03-04

bluray Wrote:@Flow- I don't have another monitor to try some settings for you. Since it work with primary display, can you set your 2nd display to primary- Change display settings on multiple monitors.

The PlayBDMV.bat codes below works great with a primary monitor. It launch the movie from XBMC automatically, and it return to XBMC with stop/back buttons.

@echo off
rem you can place your PlayBDMV file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5" %pth% exit

No having secondary as primary is not an option since the taskbar will show there... It really sucks these guys at Arcsoft don't seem to care about it, i wonder how they expect to sell more software having this non functional... I figure I will not play BD movies so much as I do MKV's so for the time being I'll just manually switch it manually to second monitor, thanks for your help!

Hopefully XBMC will all incorporate this in the near future!

- bluray - 2012-03-04

Flow Wrote:No having secondary as primary is not an option since the taskbar will show there... It really sucks these guys at Arcsoft don't seem to care about it, i wonder how they expect to sell more software having this non functional... I figure I will not play BD movies so much as I do MKV's so for the time being I'll just manually switch it manually to second monitor, thanks for your help!

Hopefully XBMC will all incorporate this in the near future!
Most users with multiple displays, they installed HDMI switch- HDMI Switch.

- Flow - 2012-03-04

bluray Wrote:Most users with multiple displays, they installed HDMI switch- HDMI Switch.

Yeah I suppose this works when the main display isnt used for a desktop.
Well, I finally was able to have everything working.

To break it down, from your guide the additional steps were installing ultramon and I also use eventghost for an X10 rf remote. It would still work with an MCE remote. Basically you need to create a hotkey in Ultramon, I made Ctrl+Y to change the window in focus to the next display. In Eventghost which is all setup already with enable exclusives for TMT5 and XBMC, in the part of enable exclusive for TMT5 I added a keyboard press of my shortcut Ctrl+Y! Since enable exclusive operates whenever it detects the process for TMT5 then applying Ctrl+Y moves this window fullscreen to the next display!

If anyone needs additional help with this maybe it's a better idea to PM me because I'm not necessarily monitor this thread, but again HUGE THANKS to Bluray for your time helping others, you have a bag full of tricks and ideas!

- bluray - 2012-03-04

Flow Wrote:Yeah I suppose this works when the main display isnt used for a desktop.
Well, I finally was able to have everything working.

To break it down, from your guide the additional steps were installing ultramon and I also use eventghost for an X10 rf remote. It would still work with an MCE remote. Basically you need to create a hotkey in Ultramon, I made Ctrl+Y to change the window in focus to the next display. In Eventghost which is all setup already with enable exclusives for TMT5 and XBMC, in the part of enable exclusive for TMT5 I added a keyboard press of my shortcut Ctrl+Y! Since enable exclusive operates whenever it detects the process for TMT5 then applying Ctrl+Y moves this window fullscreen to the next display!

If anyone needs additional help with this maybe it's a better idea to PM me because I'm not necessarily monitor this thread, but again HUGE THANKS to Bluray for your time helping others, you have a bag full of tricks and ideas!
Most of everything I suggested in here, I used it at my houses or installed at friends houses. I learned a lot of things for working in electronics engineering field for nearly 20yrs too. I enjoyed helping co-workers and friends as much as others in this thread. None stop thinking of new ideas, it keep my mind sharp too....Smile

I'm glad that you found solution that fit your needs.....in this case, it paid off for exploring! Smile

- jmpa - 2012-03-04

bluray Wrote:Have you try my suggestion on post #403?

@bluray
Thanks a lot for the help,
I cant find the #403 and all the others tips you said I tried without success. I put in my bios AHCI instead of IDE, maybe thats the problem, I don't know...

- bluray - 2012-03-04

jmpa Wrote:@bluray
Thanks a lot for the help,
I cant find the #403 and all the others tips you said I tried without success. I put in my bios AHCI instead of IDE, maybe thats the problem, I don't know...
My kid own an i3 too. It's a great CPU but the iGPU is somewhat the bottleneck in this package. Since you can playback BD fluently with standalone media player (TMT5/PDVD11), it must related to XBMC settings then. You can try a couple more things----

1. Make sure that the driver is up to date- Download Center

2. Since CPU has plenty of power, you can try to set it to "High Performance" power option in W7 control panel

3. Set display screen resolution to recommended screen resolution in W7 display settings

4. Make sure that you un-check DXVA2 and Sync to Display in XBMC settings\video\playback

5. Make sure that you check Match Refresh Rate to Source XBMC settings\video\playback

6. Make sure that you check Fullscreen Windows in XBMC settings/system/video output

7. Maybe, you have too many programs running in W7 MSCONFIG. If it is not need it, you can disable some programs in it.

- jmpa - 2012-03-04

Without success.

I will format my pc in IDE instead of AHCI to try.

- jmpa - 2012-03-04

jmpa Wrote:Without success.

I will format my pc in IDE instead of AHCI to try.

It didn't solve the problem... Sad Sad
Tired of that.