Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

- bluray - 2012-03-04

jmpa Wrote:It didn't solve the problem... Sad Sad
Tired of that.
Since you can playback fluently with standalone media player, I wouldn't think that is the problem.

- bluray - 2012-03-04

@jmpa- can you post the screen shots of XBMC settings\video\playback and settings/system/video output? I want to see exactly what are your settings.

If you cannot get it to work, I'm highly recommending a discrete GPU and this $35 GPU should be fine- SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6450 1GB!

- jmpa - 2012-03-05

bluray Wrote:@jmpa- can you post the screen shots of XBMC settings\video\playback and settings/system/video output? I want to see exactly what are your settings.

If you cannot get it to work, I'm highly recommending a discrete GPU and this $35 GPU should be fine- SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6450 1GB!

I will do it tonight or tomorrow, I am a little busy. Thanks Big Grin

- papagp - 2012-03-06

bluray Wrote:You can add this rule {<rule filename=".*mpeg2.*" player="Universal_Player"/>} before this rule {<rule protocols="bd|dvd" player="Disc_Player"/>}.

Hello blyray,
sorry for the latency of feedback but i was out of my city for work.
Your command don't work in my case. I changed with this {<rule filetypes="*.mpeg2.*" player="Universal_Player"/>} but the only different is that now when start live tv in XBMC start the MPC-HC, not the TMT5.
Please can you write for me a command like this: {<rule filetypes="*.mpeg2.*" don't start external player/>}

Thank you for your time,
Best Rehards
Panos
Greece

- acemt - 2012-03-07

acemt Wrote:Thanks, will give it a shot over the weekend and report back.

Do I need to do this in a different version of XBMC, or can I use the DSPlayer version? Should it matter?

Mark

Thanks BluRay,

It works. Very hard to get out of it with the ipad as a remote though. Takes switching between multiple apps. What remote are you using?

Mark

- bluray - 2012-03-07

acemt Wrote:Thanks BluRay,

It works. Very hard to get out of it with the ipad as a remote though. Takes switching between multiple apps. What remote are you using?

Mark
I'm glad that it work out for you!

I use this "HP MCE Remote", and it work out of the box. I can simply press "stop and back" buttons to get back to XBMC.

- bluray - 2012-03-07

papagp Wrote:Hello blyray,
sorry for the latency of feedback but i was out of my city for work.
Your command don't work in my case. I changed with this {<rule filetypes="*.mpeg2.*" player="Universal_Player"/>} but the only different is that now when start live tv in XBMC start the MPC-HC, not the TMT5.
Please can you write for me a command like this: {<rule filetypes="*.mpeg2.*" don't start external player/>}

Thank you for your time,
Best Rehards
Panos
Greece
What the exact file extension for your mpeg2 movie?

- papagp - 2012-03-08

bluray Wrote:What the exact file extension for your mpeg2 movie?

The file exactly is mpeg-ps, i tried this command: {<rule filetypes="*.mpeg-ps.*" player="videodefaultplayer"/>} and everything works fine. The TV start in XBMC and the movies in TMT5 or MPC-HC.

Thank you from my heart for your support,
Best Regards
Panos,
Greece.

- bluray - 2012-03-08

papagp Wrote:The file exactly is mpeg-ps, i tried this command: {<rule filetypes="*.mpeg-ps.*" player="videodefaultplayer"/>} and everything works fine. The TV start in XBMC and the movies in TMT5 or MPC-HC.

Thank you from my heart for your support,
Best Regards
Panos,
Greece.
It's always good idea to generate the rule with the correct file extension. I'm glad that it work out for you! Smile

RE: Working External Player Solution - noworry - 2012-03-12

Hey Blu-Ray
You're a very helpful person. I received a lot of benefit from your help. Being a newbie, I used your guides to build a new HTPC and setup XBMC with XBMC_HD_Audio and external player last year. I'm very please with your help.

With all that said, I cannot believe that your reputation is "-12". I never notice it till this new look by XBMC. Sorry to see it.

RE: Working External Player Solution - bluray - 2012-03-12

@noworry-
I never pay attention to all that stuff, and I never rate anyone before either. I noticed it for the first time when DD brought it up in my other thread several weeks ago. I usually don't pay attention to that kind of stuff. I guess that every time I disagreed with someone, they gave me a negative rating. There must be a lot of trigger happy fingers in here.

To me- as long as you and others are happy with my help, that is all it matter!

RE: Working External Player Solution - loggeo - 2012-03-14

Hello guys,

I have managed to make xbmc play with external players mpc-hc and TMT 5 however I have a problem with the youtube plugin. Whenever I try to watch a movie trailer under my movies, TMT5 opens automatically and plays which-ever movie I have in my blu-ray drive.
I am currently at work but later I will be able to post my playercorefactory.xml configuration.
Anyone has any idea how can I resolve the problem?

RE: Working External Player Solution - bluray - 2012-03-14

(2012-03-14, 12:33)loggeo Wrote: Hello guys,

I have managed to make xbmc play with external players mpc-hc and TMT 5 however I have a problem with the youtube plugin. Whenever I try to watch a movie trailer under my movies, TMT5 opens automatically and plays which-ever movie I have in my blu-ray drive.
I am currently at work but later I will be able to post my playercorefactory.xml configuration.
Anyone has any idea how can I resolve the problem?
You can post your playercorefactory in here, and we'll try to help you on it.

RE: Working External Player Solution - loggeo - 2012-03-14

Here it goes

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<!-- You can place your PlayBDMV file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\ -->
<filename>C:\Users\george3\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>

</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\george3\Documents\MPC-HC_r3758_x86\mpc-hc.exe</filename>

</player>
<player name="Iso_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<!-- You can place your PlayISO file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\ -->
<filename>C:\Users\george3\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>

</player>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<!-- You can place your PlayDisc file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\ -->
<filename>C:\Users\george3\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">

<rule filetypes="bdmv" player="BDMV_Player"/>
<rule filetypes="m2ts|mkv|avi|ts|mp3" player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule filetypes="iso" player="ISO_Player"/>

<rule name="Blu-Ray" protocol="bd" player="Disc_Player"/>>
</rules>