Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Working External Player Solution - scudlee - 2012-03-14

What's happening, loggeo, is that the last rule (with protocol="bd") doesn't work. XBMC doesn't check for for the attribute "protocol", it looks for "protocols" with an s (but protocols="bd" no longer works either.)

The downside of this is that everything matches against that rule, but because you've defined rules above it, those rules take precedence. Anything that falls through the cracks in those, such as streaming video, will still match the "Blu-Ray" rule, meaning you get TMT5 when trying to watch youtube, for example. Ironically, I suspect that actual Blu-Ray discs are matching against the filetypes="bdmv" rule above and being played by BDMV_Player rather than Disc_Player, meaning that last rule is mostly superfluous (if you've never noticed the difference.)

Short version: Try removing that last rule.

RE: Working External Player Solution - Hail.ceasar - 2012-03-15

Hello Bluray,

Thanks for all your effort.

I tried out your instruction and everything launches OK. Only problem is TMT5 does NOT bitstream DTS-HD MA or TRueHD format!!

When i play it the lights do not come up on my receiver, only "DTS" shows which makes me believe it is down-mixing the audio to DTS core only!!

Any advise with this issue? I can bitstream DTS-HD from XBMC directly with Daniella's patch, but I want to have access to my BD menus so using TMT5

Thanks

RE: Working External Player Solution - bluray - 2012-03-15

(2012-03-15, 02:25)Hail.ceasar Wrote: Hello Bluray,

I tried out your instruction and everything launches OK. Only problem is TMT5 does NOT bitstream DTS-HD MA or TRueHD format!!

Thanks
You might want to configure TMT5 as shown in my screen shot below:

RE: Working External Player Solution - Hail.ceasar - 2012-03-15

I have done what you said Bluray, but still only DTS coming up on my receiverUndecided

Do i need something else?

(2012-03-15, 02:36)bluray Wrote:
(2012-03-15, 02:25)Hail.ceasar Wrote: Hello Bluray,

Thanks
You might want to configure TMT5 as shown in my screen shot below:

RE: Working External Player Solution - bluray - 2012-03-15

(2012-03-15, 10:06)Hail.ceasar Wrote: I have done what you said Bluray, but still only DTS coming up on my receiverUndecided

Do i need something else?
That is very weird. Usually you don't need to do anything other than select HDMI as audio output. Can you make sure stuffs below are done-

1. Update GPU driver from here- AMD (http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx) or Nvidia (http://www.nvidia.com/Download/indexsg.aspx?lang=en-us)
2. Make sure that your system is connected this way- HTPC-->AVR-->HDTV via two HDMI cables
3. Make sure that you select the proper HDMI audio output in Windows 7 control panel

After you did all the above, and it still doesn't work, you can try to install Realtek HD audio codecs- http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsCheck.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

I suspect that your HTPC is missing HD audio codecs!

RE: - pettergulbra - 2012-03-16

(2012-03-03, 14:47)Flow Wrote: I have found the solution for my non MCE remote using eventghost and keyboard emulation.

How did you set up EventGhost for this?

I have set up my Hormony to send the keyboard shortcuts for XBMC.
Have You made EventGhost then send O instead of X when you hit stop on the remote?
And if thats the case, how?

RE: - jmpa - 2012-03-20

(2012-03-03, 22:51)bluray Wrote:
jmpa Wrote:I did that and when I open xbmc my optical drive starts make a really weird sound and my xbmc freeze.

What is wrong? I am using the last release of XBMC.
In your private message, you said you only want it to playback blu-ray disc. You can use these codes:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="BDPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe</filename>
<args>"{E:}" /fullscreen</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">

<!-- Bluray-->
<rule name="Blu-Ray" protocols="bd" player="BDPlayer"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Hey,

I bought another bluray drive and it seems to work. XBMC don't freeze anymore with this code. But stills don't launch TMT5. I change "{E:}" /fullscreen to D: but without success.

RE: Working External Player Solution - bluray - 2012-03-20

You can try the codes below then. If your BD-ROM drive is "D" and you're using Windows 7 64x, the codes below should work.

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="TMT5" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe</filename>
<args>"{D:}" /fullscreen</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>false</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule filename=".*bdmv.*" player="TMT5"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

If it still doesn't work, you can post the PrtScn of the folder where you saved playercorefactory.xml. I want to see exactly where you saved it and what file extension like....

RE: Working External Player Solution - jmpa - 2012-03-21

@bluray thanks a lot but it didn't work.

When I press "play disc" in xbmc, xbmc closes and TMT5 launch but it freeze and don't start play the movie. It freeze with the loading logo in TMT5 in the same place as prtcscn.

Here is the PrtScn:

RE: Working External Player Solution - bluray - 2012-03-21

@jmpa-
The playercorefactory file is in the correct location and everything else seem to be correct too. You can try the rules below:

<rule name="Blu-Ray" filename="D:\\.*" filetypes="bdmv" player="TMT5"/>

If that doesn't work, you can try to install AnyDVD HD to run in the background. After installed AnyDVD HD, you have to reboot HTPC for it to work. I'm suspected there might be some conflicts with HDCP, decrypter or something....

RE: Working External Player Solution - jmpa - 2012-03-22

It is almost working! XBMC closes, TMT5 opens and seems it is auto start the movie but instead the screen get black and it doesn't start. But if i press stop and start again on remote it start working.

Another thing I would like is when I close it, it automaticly goes to XBMC again.

RE: Working External Player Solution - bluray - 2012-03-22

(2012-03-22, 04:00)jmpa Wrote: It is almost working! XBMC closes, TMT5 opens and seems it is auto start the movie but instead the screen get black and it doesn't start. But if i press stop and start again on remote it start working.

Another thing I would like is when I close it, it automaticly goes to XBMC again.
Okay, try these codes then.....

1. Download Playercorefactory and PlayDisc

2. Save both files in this folder- C:\Users\HT\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\

-While playback movie using TMT5, you can simply press stop and backspace to return to XBMC......

RE: Working External Player Solution - LWGS - 2012-03-25

Hello, it's still silly but something funny happened to me can not find solution.
I use the latest version of XBMC (Eden11.0) and W7 64bit Ultimatum.
Anyway, I notice that in C: \ creates two directories: Program Files and Program Files (x86). By default the Three external players (MPC-HC, SPLASHPRO and MTM5) are installed in the C: \ Program Files (x86) and can not get XBMC to recognize them (or rather, the start). Only if the players installed in C: \ Program Files start and run at 100%.
The problem is that the TMT5, I use to FullBluray and Isos, I can not install to this directory and by default it always appears in the .. (x86)
Conclusion: TMT5 not start and I can not use. Is it normal for XBMC not start programs installed on C: \ Program Files (x86)? What am I doing wrong?

RE: Working External Player Solution - mattzane227 - 2012-03-25

I did everything on the first post using TMT5 and it launches my bluray rips perfectly but the movie stutters badly the entire time. If I launch TMT5 by itself the movie is fine. I have an i3 so it's not a power issue. Any ideas? I can use MediaBrowser with TMT as an external player and it works fine with no stuttering.

RE: Working External Player Solution - bluray - 2012-03-26

(2012-03-25, 20:14)LWGS Wrote: Hello, it's still silly but something funny happened to me can not find solution.
I use the latest version of XBMC (Eden11.0) and W7 64bit Ultimatum.
Anyway, I notice that in C: \ creates two directories: Program Files and Program Files (x86). By default the Three external players (MPC-HC, SPLASHPRO and MTM5) are installed in the C: \ Program Files (x86) and can not get XBMC to recognize them (or rather, the start). Only if the players installed in C: \ Program Files start and run at 100%.
The problem is that the TMT5, I use to FullBluray and Isos, I can not install to this directory and by default it always appears in the .. (x86)
Conclusion: TMT5 not start and I can not use. Is it normal for XBMC not start programs installed on C: \ Program Files (x86)? What am I doing wrong?
All W7 64-bit included two versions, and x86= 32-bit. In your situation, you need to use TMT5 from x86 folder in all xml and bat files- C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe