Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - andyd - 2012-04-29

Hey. I'm still trying to figure out why my Star Wars blurays won't play. I have a question. These configs...

PlayISO...

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" N:

Is the N: the drive letter that needs to change or is that a command? Or is it /d that needs to change for the appropriate drive letter? PlayDisc has an "E:" as well so wondering if that needs to change or if it's a command.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-04-29

(2012-04-29, 22:47)andyd Wrote: Hey. I'm still trying to figure out why my Star Wars blurays won't play. I have a question. These configs...

PlayISO...

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" N:

Is the N: the drive letter that needs to change or is that a command? Or is it /d that needs to change for the appropriate drive letter? PlayDisc has an "E:" as well so wondering if that needs to change or if it's a command.
You need to change N: to the available VCD drive on your you HTPC.......if you right click on VCD in Windows 7 "Show Hidden Icons" at the bottom left corner of your screen, you will see the available drive. VCD can have up to 15 drives...

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - andyd - 2012-04-29

I was hoping that it would fix things but it still gives the mounting error. Have you ever experienced this issue? Or have the Star Wars movies ripped? I may try to re rip to iso to see if that helps. Just not sure why these movies errors out with the vcdmount error if vcdmount isn't used

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-04-30

(2012-04-29, 23:58)andyd Wrote: I was hoping that it would fix things but it still gives the mounting error. Have you ever experienced this issue? Or have the Star Wars movies ripped? I may try to re rip to iso to see if that helps. Just not sure why these movies errors out with the vcdmount error if vcdmount isn't used
I have blu-ray movies in ISO, M2TS, MKV and blu-ray folder, and XBMC always selects the correct rule for each file type. I can playback every file without error..... I don't have Star Wars to try on my HTPC. If you can upload some clip of Star War, I can try it on my HTPC for you.....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - DBott - 2012-05-01

Greetings...

Thanks Bluray for your help and support.

I am using your main files that plays everything through TMT5 as the XBMC for some reason is a little jumpy for me if I don't exit out and restart it before I play. In any case...I just ran into an issue. TMT5 can't play .mp4 files. As such...XBMC trying to launch the file and it just stops.

Is their a way I can play .mp4 files though XBMC? More or less, play everything though TMT5 except for .mp4 files...then use XBMC.

Thank you kindly.

(Side Note...Sorry if this has been asked but you can not search for anything under 4 letters.)

David Bott

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - DBott - 2012-05-01

(2012-05-01, 22:31)DBott Wrote: Greetings...

I am using your main files that plays everything through TMT5 as the XBMC for some reason is a little jumpy for me if I don't exit out and restart it before I play. In any case...I just ran into an issue. TMT5 can't play .mp4 files. As such...XBMC trying to launch the file and it just stops.

Is their a way I can play .mp4 files though XBMC? More or less, play everything though TMT5 except for .mp4 files...then use XBMC.

Thank you kindly.

(Side Note...Sorry if this has been asked but you can not search for anything under 4 letters.)

David Bott

I am sorry...Disregard the above. I added mp4 to the universal line as an extension and it worked in TMT5 that way.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - ali2k1 - 2012-05-02

hi bruv ive been using the xml from front page for powerdvd at it works well with powerdvd11. im having problems with powerdvd12, it does not auto play. im using the same xml ve been using rule 3dbd extension mkv. any ideas?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - andyd - 2012-05-02

(2012-04-30, 01:48)bluray Wrote:
(2012-04-29, 23:58)andyd Wrote: I was hoping that it would fix things but it still gives the mounting error. Have you ever experienced this issue? Or have the Star Wars movies ripped? I may try to re rip to iso to see if that helps. Just not sure why these movies errors out with the vcdmount error if vcdmount isn't used
I have blu-ray movies in ISO, M2TS, MKV and blu-ray folder, and XBMC always selects the correct rule for each file type. I can playback every file without error..... I don't have Star Wars to try on my HTPC. If you can upload some clip of Star War, I can try it on my HTPC for you.....

No worries. The only way for you to replicate would be to have the full bluray. I'll probably re rip one of the movies to ISO and try it that way

And for others that may be using TMT 3 - I've recently upgraded to TMT 5 and noticed that the loading is a little faster. Also the issues that I was having with HD DVD iso loading is no more.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-05-02

I am using your main files that plays everything through TMT5 as the XBMC for some reason is a little jumpy for me if I don't exit out and restart it before I play.
David Bott
I'm glad that you got it to work......Nod

If you still having problem with stuttering, you can try these-

<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - DBott - 2012-05-02

(2012-05-02, 03:40)bluray Wrote:

I am using your main files that plays everything through TMT5 as the XBMC for some reason is a little jumpy for me if I don't exit out and restart it before I play.
David Bott

The Stuttering issue is with XBMC, not TMT5. It is weird, for if I come into XBMC from the desktop I can play just fine. If I leave it in XBMC for some time and then go to play something, it can stutter. It drops frames now and again. Thus TMT5 use.

One new thing...With everything going thought your all in one solution...I can no longer play trailers.

Are the above commands for XMBC player? Are you suggesting just trying these settings in the file vs the settings that run TMT5? Just checking.

Thanks

David

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-05-02

(2012-05-02, 17:35)DBott Wrote:
(2012-05-02, 03:40)bluray Wrote:

David Bott

The Stuttering issue is with XBMC, not TMT5. It is weird, for if I come into XBMC from the desktop I can play just fine. If I leave it in XBMC for some time and then go to play something, it can stutter. It drops frames now and again. Thus TMT5 use.

One new thing...With everything going thought your all in one solution...I can no longer play trailers.

Are the above commands for XMBC player? Are you suggesting just trying these settings in the file vs the settings that run TMT5? Just checking.

Thanks

David
The above codes are for XBMC external player, and it can be changed in "playercorefactory". If you right click "playercorefactory" and then select edit, you'll see the codes in it.

You can specify the type of files for playback using TMT5 in "playercorefactory" rule, and the un-specified files still can playback using XBMC......

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - jh87 - 2012-05-07

I have tried two days and unable to get TMT 5 work. Can anyone tell if xbmc able to launch TMT 5 to play bluray folder file on hard drive.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-05-07

(2012-05-07, 02:14)jh87 Wrote: I have tried two days and unable to get TMT 5 work. Can anyone tell if xbmc able to launch TMT 5 to play bluray folder file on hard drive.
Yes, with the playercorefactory codes below:

Playercorefactory.xml

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\log in name go here\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
</player>

</players>
<rules action="prepend">

<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filename=".*bdmv.*" player="BDMV_Player"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayBDMV.bat

@echo off
rem you can place your PlayBDMV file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" %pth% exit

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - ali2k1 - 2012-05-10

thank you bluray i finally got powerdvd12 to work. i had to map ctrl n to remote which minimzes it comes back to xbmc. i can play my files now. thank u

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-05-10

(2012-05-10, 11:44)ali2k1 Wrote: thank you bluray i finally got powerdvd12 to work. i had to map ctrl n to remote which minimzes it comes back to xbmc. i can play my files now. thank u
I'm glad that it work out for you.......Nod