Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Ghostdivision - 2012-06-09

Also i dont know if you can possibly post that file with the spaces and indents included? I just use notepad to edit which is probably wrong on my part, but when its postedt like that im a bit unsure how much to indent and put spaces in each line.

Sorry for the trouble, im a bit of a noob with xbmc and xml.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Ghostdivision - 2012-06-09

Hmmm, it appears it just sits there when powerdvd is launched? Have you ever been able to launch a bdmv folder with powerdvd from an external player like xbmc? Im not sure i have found anyone that has in my searching. I seen on some mce forums people upset claiming that powerdvd cant launch bdmv folders without you manually pointing to the folder in the powerdvd software.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Hail.ceasar - 2012-06-09

Hello,

Did this work for you? I am having the same problem with PowerDVD12 Sad

cheers

(2012-06-09, 10:57)Ghostdivision Wrote: Thanks for your help, should i keep this line in though or not?

<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>

No that never worked for me either. Powerdvd just sits there to.

I think the only way we can even decide if this is even possible, is if bluray possibly tries to launch a bdmv folder from xbmc with powerdvd, and simply confirm it works, then we have something to work with or then we at least know this does work or is possible. He knows more then anyone about these programs with xbmc so if he cant get it working, id be inclined to say its not possible. And as of right now, i dont believe this is possible, but i hope i am wrong.

I found a ton of links with mce users claiming powerdvd cannot launch bdmv folders without you manually selecting them in the powerdvd software. Bluray was also helping someone with the same question using powerdvd 11 but he seems to have left, and that conversation just ended on or around page 39. Which is quite sad because it basically makes powerdvd unusable unless you use iso.

It would also be nice to know if any TMT users actually have smooth playback at 23hz (23.967) or 24hz, or do most just settle for sub optimal 60hz? 23hz and 24hz seems incredibly sluggish and buggy with TMT. I did manage to get one movie i watched stutter free, but im just counting down until i watch the next one and notice the stuttering at 23.967hz again.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Hail.ceasar - 2012-06-09

I echo your opinions on TMT. I also find PowerDVD to be the much better player. However, the non-launch issue is a real bummer as I can only get full DTS-HD MA /TrueHD sound passthrough with powerdvd. TMT just outputs the core DTS track only!!

Are you able to passthrough DTS-HD /TrueHD with TMT?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-06-09

(2012-06-09, 10:57)Ghostdivision Wrote: Thanks for your help, should i keep this line in though or not?

<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
Pls use the exact codes in post #659.....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-06-09

(2012-06-09, 13:59)Ghostdivision Wrote: No that never worked for me either. Powerdvd just sits there to.

I think the only way we can even decide if this is even possible, is if bluray possibly tries to launch a bdmv folder from xbmc with powerdvd, and simply confirm it works, then we have something to work with or then we at least know this does work or is possible. He knows more then anyone about these programs with xbmc so if he cant get it working, id be inclined to say its not possible. And as of right now, i dont believe this is possible, but i hope i am wrong.

I found a ton of links with mce users claiming powerdvd cannot launch bdmv folders without you manually selecting them in the powerdvd software. Bluray was also helping someone with the same question using powerdvd 11 but he seems to have left, and that conversation just ended on or around page 39. Which is quite sad because it basically makes powerdvd unusable unless you use iso.
I tried their PDVD12 trial version earlier. Unfortunately, Cyberlink decided not to suport blu-ray index.bdmv with their latest PDVD12. It work fine with their PDVD11.......it support the complicated blu-ray folder directory, which you have to click so many options to get to it as shown below....it's impossible to generate code for it.......ISO codes in my post #659 work fine with PDVD12 though.....

Hello Bluray,

Please how are you getting DTS-HD MA and TrueHD sound passthrough in TMT5?

(2012-06-09, 20:44)Hail.ceasar Wrote: Hello Bluray,

Please how are you getting DTS-HD MA and TrueHD sound passthrough in TMT5?
See my screen shot below......

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Ghostdivision - 2012-06-10

Thanks for confirming bluray, i read elsewhere powerdvd 11 could do this. Except i dont even know where to find powerdvd 11 and possibly try it and buy it? The cyberlink website is all powerdvd 12.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - niv.itz - 2012-06-10

Try this-

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" AUTOPLAY BD J:

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Ghostdivision - 2012-06-10

(2012-06-10, 01:29)niv.itz Wrote: Try this-

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" AUTOPLAY BD J:

Wouldnt that be for iso's though? Were trying to get it working with bluray folders ripped to hard drives.
Bluray...i found powerdvd 11, i replaced your bat. with powerdvd11 path, and its still launching power dvd (11) and just sitting there, have you ever got powerdvd 11 and bluray folders working? Maybe powerdvd11 is a bit different?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-06-10

(2012-06-10, 01:29)niv.itz Wrote: Try this-

ISO codes in post #659 is working with PDVD12 fine......we're trying to get external player codes for blu-ray BDMV file working with PDVD12.....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - shaktoo - 2012-06-10

bluray , I swapped pdvd11 for TMT5 and it is working perfectly , no stuttering, but there is one thing. When i stop the media it dosent exits pdvd11 and i have to use the keyboard to exit out of pdvd to get xbmc focus back. I tried mapping the ALT+F4 to my harmony one remote but using that has caused 2 x BSOD's ( which I have never had before ). I tried looking at xbmc logs and windows logs but there dosent seem to be anything that could explain this.
Anyways could you help in exiting out of pdvd11.
could this help me in this regards ?http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=78179
or eshell.exe solution you have in the first post
my remote setup is otherwise working very well and I dont want to change anything except get this function of closing pdvd down on media stopping.
thanks