Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-06-15

(2012-06-15, 15:40)Ghostdivision Wrote: bluray, just a quick question, do you bring up the mce tmt version rather then the normal tmt version for any reason? Does the mce version work better with mce remote?
I use the MCE version, because it is cleaner and it work better with MCE remote........

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-06-15

(2012-06-15, 11:36)shaktoo Wrote: I have now full remote function with pdvd11 using logitech harmony one and setting up as device " Microsoft ---Windows Media Centre SE " which gives extended options including all ALT+F4 or ALT +X commands as well. Working sweet.
there are a few niggles though:
1- I am just using the playercorefactory.xml with just the external player code as given in post #644. Anytime I try and add for ISO, BDMV & Bluray disc I lose functionality and nothing happens . Basically I want pdvd11 to handle all the sbs3d/ISO's/ BDMV/Bluray Disc and xbmc native to handle everything else.
2-now that launching, playback and exiting the external player is working , XBMC refuses to take focus again and just sits in the taskbar unless manually clicked back to focus . Am I missing something here ?
Thanks bluray
PDVD11 works better with the codes below, and it is very similar to post #678....

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Monty\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
<player name="Bluray_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe</filename>
<args>"{E:}"</args>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filename=".*iso.*" player="ISO_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filename=".*bdmv.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule filename=".*sbs3d.mkv*" protocols="*sbs3d.mkv*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule name="Blu-Ray" filename="E:\\.*" filetypes="bdmv" player="Bluray_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayISO.bat:

@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" J:

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - SoWErA - 2012-06-16

(2012-06-12, 16:57)bluray Wrote:
(2012-06-12, 08:15)aznxtc Wrote: bluray,
I used the code you gave me, but it still doesn't work...It keeps launching powerdvd12 ...when i manually right click the song and choose play using, papplayer then it works...otherwise it just defaults to the external player powerdvd12.....do you have anything else i can try.
Is it possible that you have too many things installed? I tried it with "Current Stable Release: 11.0 “Eden”". It worked fine. What is the song format?

I used the codes below.....the only option that didn't work with PDVD12 is PlayBDMV.......

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<!-- You can place your PlayBDMV file anywhere -->
<filename>C:\Users\vewlix\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
<!-- You can place your PlayISO file anywhere -->
<filename>C:\Users\vewlix\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<!-- You can place your PlayDisc file anywhere -->
<filename>C:\Users\vewlix\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">

<rule filetypes=".*bdmv.*" player="BDMV_Player"/>
<rule filetypes=".*iso.*" player="ISO_Player"/>
<rule filetypes=".*m2ts.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule filetypes=".*mkv.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule filetypes=".*avi.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule filetypes=".*ts.*" player="Universal_Player"/>

<rule name="Blu-Ray" filename="G:\\.*" filetypes="bdmv" player="Disc_Player"/>
</rules
</playercorefactory>

you missed an important > at the end of the information! should be </rules> so that code didn't work until it was added Wink easy mistake hehe

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-06-16

(2012-06-16, 16:22)SoWErA Wrote: you missed an important > at the end of the information! should be </rules> so that code didn't work until it was added Wink easy mistake hehe
Yes, it should have > as you can see in post #707 and many other posts........it's not there due to sticky mouse.....good catch bud!

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - fracharmant - 2012-06-17

hi. guys i followed the instructions at the beginning...but i don't know why it doesn't work..
if i double click on the batch files they works right...but if i try to play it from xbmc it doesn't work..
please help !!

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Hail.ceasar - 2012-06-17

Hello Bluray,

I am getting so frustrated with this codes. please help.

I am using the codes below for TMT 5 but i can not launch bdmv folder files from XBMC . It only launches bluray iso files;

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<filename>C:\Users\MediaPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
<filename>C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
<filename>C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe</filename>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filename=".*bdmv.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule filename=".*sbs3d.mkv*" protocols="*sbs3d.mkv*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule name="Blu-Ray" filename="E:\\.*" filetypes="bdmv" player="Bluray_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

<rule filetypes="bdmv" player="BDMV_Player"/>
<rule filetypes="iso" player="ISO_Player"/>

<rule name="Blu-Ray" protocol="bd" player="Disc_Player"/>>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Bat code:

@echo off
rem you can place your PlayBDMV file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%
"C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" %pth% exit

Please help

thanks

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-06-17

(2012-06-17, 15:48)fracharmant Wrote: hi. guys i followed the instructions at the beginning...but i don't know why it doesn't work..
if i double click on the batch files they works right...but if i try to play it from xbmc it doesn't work..
please help !!
What blu-ray file do you want to playback using external player? Do you have all .bat and .xml files in roaming/xbmc/userdata? You can post your codes in here, and we'll see what you have in it.....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-06-17

@Hail.ceasar,
Remember what I said- TMT5 and PDVD11 works slightly different, and it required different playercorefactory codes. TMT5 required PlayBDMV.bat codes, and PDVD11 doesn't. If you mix the codes, it'll not work. Here is your complete codes-

Playercorefactory.xml:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<players>
<filename>C:\Users\MediaPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filename=".*bdmv.*" player="BDMV_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayBDMV.bat:

@echo off

set pth=%1
"C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" %pth% exit

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Hail.ceasar - 2012-06-17

Thanks so much bluray.. you are a star. I will try them out and let you know

Hello bluray. I used you new codes for TMT5. now XBMC dosent even try to launch the external player but just plays the file in XBMC straight away Sad

I didnnt change anything in the code. what could the problem be?

cheers

(2012-06-17, 17:56)bluray Wrote: @Hail.ceasar,
Remember what I said- TMT5 and PDVD11 works slightly different, and it required different playercorefactory codes. TMT5 required PlayBDMV.bat codes, and PDVD11 doesn't. If you mix the codes, it'll not work. Here is your complete codes-

Playercorefactory.xml:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<players>
<filename>C:\Users\MediaPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filename=".*bdmv.*" player="BDMV_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayBDMV.bat:

@echo off

set pth=%1

@Hail.ceasar-
I make it easier for you. You can simply download and paste TMT5 files below in your roaming/xbmc/userdata folder-

1. playercorefactory.xml
2. PlayISO.bat
3. PlayBDMV.bat
4. PlayDisc.bat

I want to read good news from you this time......

Guess what bluray its working now .. YaY!!!Laugh

I had to change the option in System setting to " use true fullscreen" and it allowed the TMT5 to launch. DO not know why this would have been a problem but there you and it and am certainly not complaining..

Will have a play and let you know. Thanks once again for all your help.

cheers

Big Grin

(2012-06-17, 21:01)bluray Wrote: @Hail.ceasar-
I make it easier for you. You can simply download and paste TMT5 files below in your roaming/xbmc/userdata folder-

1. playercorefactory.xml
2. PlayISO.bat
3. PlayBDMV.bat
4. PlayDisc.bat

I want to read good news from you this time......

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-06-18

(2012-06-17, 23:04)Hail.ceasar Wrote: Guess what bluray its working now .. YaY!!!Laugh

I had to change the option in System setting to " use true fullscreen" and it allowed the TMT5 to launch. DO not know why this would have been a problem but there you and it and am certainly not complaining..

Will have a play and let you know. Thanks once again for all your help.

cheers

Big Grin
That is what I want to read from you......Nod

As far as fullscreen, you can do it two ways. You can either set external player codes to launche TMT5 in fullscreen or set TMT5 to launch in fullscreen.........it still should launch external player without fullscreen though..........

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Hail.ceasar - 2012-06-18

Ok will try and play with it and hopefully not break it..lol

Is there no way at all to launch powerdvd12 with these codes?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - shaktoo - 2012-06-18

has anyone got 3D subtitles working with PDVD11 ?
1- @bluray the issue regarding on closing / exiting PDVD11 xbmc dosent take focus again and stays sitting in taskbar perists. Have you got everything working OK ? so on closing PDVD XBMC should "comeback " take focus again right .. , please help .
2- Also some films have foreign language parts ( e.g John Carter has Alien language parts ) and one would need 3D subtitles ( as there is a solution with idx/vob subtitling here's the thread----http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?pid=990965%23pid990965#post990965, is working well in xbmc player but not in pdvd )
3- on a completely seperate note what is the difference between xbmc's native player playing 3D sbs content and PDVD ( just for the sbs content not for discs / ISO's).The Main issue as far as I was concerned was not thatxbmc could not play the sbs files but that it would not change the TV to the 3D mode automatically and one had to do that manually, This I think is that pdvd & other external softwares can work synergistically with the nvidia card ( that I have ) and hence achieve this. Could Xbmc be made to play friendly with Nvidia drivers and achieve this ?
meanwhile what I will try is add a sequence to my activity in logitech harmony one remote to switch tv to 3d SBS mode and that might do the trick at least in the short term . Any thoughts Anyone ?