Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Ghostdivision - 2012-06-24

1. Yes I have it happens on both.

2. I will try this, my only concern though is you mentioned xbmc uses alot less cpu resources when its set to true.

3. Yes

I think the issue is independent of xbmc, whenever i launch tmt mce player even without xbmc open i get this issue. Im just wondering if you ever encountered it.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-06-24

(2012-06-24, 02:39)Ghostdivision Wrote: 1. Yes I have it happens on both.

2. I will try this, my only concern though is you mentioned xbmc uses alot less cpu resources when its set to true.

3. Yes

I think the issue is independent of xbmc, whenever i launch tmt mce player even without xbmc open i get this issue. Im just wondering if you ever encountered it.
No, I don't have this issue. After I selected blu-ray ISO on XBMC UI, TMT5 launched in fullscreen and nothing else appear on the screen other than TMT5 playback movie....

You can try to set all three configurations as I suggested......let us know how it go!

Regarding using more CPU when hiding XBMC by setting the code to false, it is not a problem. If it can playback fluently (which mean that your CPU can handle it fine), there is nothing to worry about........

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Ghostdivision - 2012-06-24

Oh nothing will appear on screen, its just if you have something sitting in the task bar like a web browser or program, and launch tmt, you cant control it, you have to click on the tmt screen, then you can resume navigating...As jong wrote, its like xbmc is not focused. What he means is tmt is launched full screen we can watch it....., but we cant control it until we click on the tmt player screen...

Hmmm how do i explain this, like if you were to have your web browser in the task bar sitting there minimized, open tmt full screen, and you cant control it with a keyboard or remote, i have to plug in my mouse and click on the tmt screen before i can navigate menus and control tmt.While im pressing stuff like over and fast forward its being registered in the program sitting on the task bar until i click on tmt player with a mouse...

If nothing is sitting in the taskbar minimized, the problem does not occur, tmt launches and i can navigate menus ect.... but if a program is sitting in the taskbar when tmt is launched, pressing buttons on my keyboard or remote wont do anything, its registering in the program sitting in the taskbar, or not registering at all in tmt. if nothing is sitting in the taskbar when tmt is launched full screen i can easily control and navigate tmt with my remote or keyboard.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-06-24

(2012-06-24, 07:40)Ghostdivision Wrote: Oh nothing will appear on screen, its just if you have something sitting in the task bar like a web browser or program, and launch tmt, you cant control it, you have to click on the tmt screen, then you can resume navigating...
I know exactly what you are talking about, but it doesn't happen on my HTPC's. After TMT5 launched, I can control it with MCE remote without having to activate TMT5 with a mouse. Have you try to set exactly what I suggested in post #735? You can try to set everything in control panel/hardware and sound/autoplay to "Take no action" too. Maybe (just maybe), other media player in Autoplay might be active after ISO mounted.......

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Ghostdivision - 2012-06-25

Yes tried all suggestions, it seems random as well, sometimes I will have control to navigate TMT sometimes i wont. Its very perplexing, but the key seems to be if something is sitting in your taskbar....When you have nothing sitting in the task bar it never happens.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Ghostdivision - 2012-06-26

Seems another use over at arcsoft is discussing the same issue, its with the latest release i should mention that just came out, perhaps your not using it?

"I noticed a problem that may be related. MCE TMT launches like it's not a foreground application, yet it's full screen. My first hint was that I was able to see Windows Aero disabled notification bubble in the lower right-hand corner. Never seen that before, because TMT windows has been in the foreground. I wasn't able to send any commands to MCE TMT with my keyboard or iMon remote until I Alt-Tabbed to TMT player. Then it got the focus and received commands.

BTW, the "normal" TMT player worked excellently. "

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-06-26

I use TMT5 version below......I just tried to playback 3 ISO movies 10mins ago, TMT5 startup in fullscreen everytime and I can control TMT5 w/ MCE remote w/o having to do anything...............

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Ghostdivision - 2012-06-26

Mine is at 5.3.1.144

24 hz playback was significantly improved with latest release.

But i do want to ask, because Im considering when i get a fully working version just to leave it be, and not update anymore.

I do want to ask you, using an older version do you ever encounter blurays that done work or play properly?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - poetter747 - 2012-06-26

Was anyone successful in playing H-SBS or O-U MKVs with TMT5 as external player. I always get unsupported file format, but can play normal non 3D MKVs and BD ISOs

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-06-26

(2012-06-26, 14:40)Ghostdivision Wrote: I do want to ask you, using an older version do you ever encounter blurays that done work or play properly?
So far, all the bluray's I tried are fine....

(2012-06-26, 15:20)poetter747 Wrote: Was anyone successful in playing H-SBS or O-U MKVs with TMT5 as external player. I always get unsupported file format, but can play normal non 3D MKVs and BD ISOs
I never try MKV 3d HSBS with TMT5, but I tried with 3d ISO. It worked fine. It might have something to do with your MKV file too....you can ask some users in this forum "TotalMedia Theatre 5 - Page 106" how they got their 3d HSBS working.....

Here is more info on TMT5 3d- How to Play 3D Movie and 3D Blu-ray......

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Ghostdivision - 2012-06-27

One last question, this one might be difficult or impossible. I decided to go with tmt, i just have the odd couple of blurays that wont play nice with tmt... I have no idea if this is possible, but they do work fine in power dvd.

Is there any possible way in my bluray folder title or iso, to put a keyword in to trigger powerdvd as the external player?

Like lucky number slevin for instance im having trouble with. If i titled it lucky number slevin.PDVD.iso, is there anyway that PDVD keyword could trigger and launch powerdvd as an external player if i set it up in my playercorefactory?

Im guessing since tmt handles iso this might be impossible and just cause a conflict? IF not perhaps it could be done with bluray folders, the top folder is not a file type...?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-06-27

(2012-06-27, 15:27)Ghostdivision Wrote: One last question, this one might be difficult or impossible. I decided to go with tmt, i just have the odd couple of blurays that wont play nice with tmt... I have no idea if this is possible, but they do work fine in power dvd.

Is there any possible way in my bluray folder title or iso, to put a keyword in to trigger powerdvd as the external player?

Like lucky number slevin for instance im having trouble with. If i titled it lucky number slevin.PDVD.iso, is there anyway that PDVD keyword could trigger and launch powerdvd as an external player if i set it up in my playercorefactory?

Im guessing since tmt handles iso this might be impossible and just cause a conflict? IF not perhaps it could be done with bluray folders, the top folder is not a file type...?
Yes, it is possible to have two external players for ISO. Insert these codes to the existing Playercorefactory.xml and create a new PDVDISO.bat-

<players>
<player name="PDVDISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Monty\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PDVDISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>

<rule filename=".*_PDVD.iso*" protocols="*_PDVD.iso*" player="PDVDISO_Player"/>

PDVDISO.bat:
@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" J:

You can name your blu-ray ISO movie that you want to playback using PDVD this way "slevin_PDVD.iso".......

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Ghostdivision - 2012-06-28

Thanks very much for your help.

I actually have one other question that I expect you will not be able to help me with, i keep get a crash upon closing mce player. This is with resolution changing enabled. Does not happen with the main tmt player however. I need the resolution switch because watching movies at 60hz just does not look right to me. Back in the day i couldnt tell the difference, but after a few years of watching movies at 23.967 i can notice a difference now.

The reason I get this error according to jason at arcsoft is how we use the command line to call up mce player.

"I believe that was a known issue the team could not resolve without affecting something else more critical negatively. It should not come up with properly working library software as they launch the product through playerloader rather than via the command line (which is what you're simulating by starting the application that way.)

(This is theory. I haven't checked it yet, but may later today.)

Please test with Movie Library built into W7 Media Center. It should not crash. If so, both MyMovies and Media Browser have produced versions which work via the supported method rather than the method they reverse engineered without ArcSoft assistance (which was never recommended)."

Is there anyway we can launch the mce player through the "playerloader" i dont even know what that is, I assume this is just not possible, but figured i would ask.