Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-06-28

@Ghostdivision-
I'm not entirely sure what you are trying to do. I use both TMT5, 7MCE and XBMC on all my HTPC's, and it never crash on me. 7MCE is mainly use for Netflix and Live HD OTA.....I can launch XBMC through 7MCE. I use this little software "XBMC Windows 7 Media Center Integration 2.1" to tie XBMC to 7MCE. Both XBMC and 7MCE uses TMT5 for external player. It work great......

Here is my 7mce screen shot-

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Ghostdivision - 2012-06-28

Well basically if you use the latest version with automatic refresh rate switching and have automatic refresh rate enabled, arcsoft is telling me it will produce a crash when i close it (only with the mce player), because we launch it using a command line, and not the player loader. Why that matters i have no idea, they should really work it out on their end but have not.

Not really something i think you can correct unless its possible to call up the tmt mce player not using command line but using the "playerloader" as he put it. I just thought i would ask. I dont even know what he means by playerloader, but apparently media browser users have correct it, by calling up the playerloader.

If you dont care about automatic refresh rate switching it wont crash upon exit and none of this matters. Unfortunately automatic refresh rate switching is a must for me, blurays just look improper being output at incorrect refresh rate to my eyes.

Basically if you have this enabled in the mce player, and you use an ati card, it will crash when close it...

http://oi48.tinypic.com/29zbdx0.jpg

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Ghostdivision - 2012-06-28

While not a good solution at all a poor workaround but one that works, i dont see or notice the crash report anymore by disabling windows crash report gui.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ Microsoft\Windows
\Windows Error Reporting\Dont Show UI = 1

The crash did not do anything negative, it was just bothersome when i closed the program everytime i received a crash report.

? Not quite sure if your referring to the playercorefactory bluray posted for me, but he was using my path i use on my pc.

Was a nice detail he included.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-06-28

(2012-06-28, 07:45)Ghostdivision Wrote: Basically if you have this enabled in the mce player, and you use an ati card, it will crash when close it...

http://oi48.tinypic.com/29zbdx0.jpg
It seems that the crash have nothing to do with XBMC, TMT5 and playercorefactory.xml code then.....it's an issue between 7MCE and TMT5. Is the screen shot you posted 7MCE or TMT5 playback screen shot?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - poetter747 - 2012-06-29

Hi there,

was anyone succesful on integrating PowerDVD12?

I want to use internal player as default and PowerDVD to play file wih mask *.3dbd.*

So my playerfactory.xml look like this:
Code:
<playercorefactory>
    <players>
        <player name="PowerDVD" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>c:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PowerDVD12.exe</filename>
            <args>"{1}"</args>
            <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
            <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
            <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
        </player>
        <player name="PowerDVDISO" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>c:\batches\PlayISOPowerDVD.bat</filename>
            <args>"{1}"</args>
            <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
        </player>
    </players>
    <rules action="prepend">
        <rule filetypes="iso" filename="*.3dbd.*" player="PowerDVDISO"/>
    </rules>
    <rules action="prepend">
        <rule filetypes="mkv" filename="*.3dbd.*" player="PowerDVD"/>
    </rules>
</playercorefactory>

My problem is that the PowerDVD Task ends immediately or isn't even created. When i play an iso file i can see the batch job starting, so the problem doesn't seem to be the playercorefactory. When i start the same command from outside XBMC PowerDVD starts up and plays the file just fine.

Any ideas someone?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-06-29

@poetter,

You can try the codes below (you need to replace everything marked in RED to match your HTPC and you can name your movie this way- Avatar_3dbd.iso):

Playercorefactory.xml:

<playercorefactory>
</player>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filename=".*_3dbd.iso*" protocols="*_3dbd.iso*" player="ISO_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayISO.bat:

@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" K:

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Hessi - 2012-07-01

Hey again,

I'm getting some very weird results.... Tryed it on Win 7 x64 and x86.

Only installed the following...

Win 7 Ultra (x64/x86) + latest drivers + all updates
MS SQL Server 2008 R2 SP3 (x64/x86)
ForTheRecord Server, Argus tuner, Management console and Argus management console
Cyberlink PowerDVD Ultra 12.0.1618.54
SlySoft Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.5.0
SlySoft AnyDVD HD 6.9.1.0

And of course XBMC, but different versions...

XBMC v11.0 Eden official build (Without SQL Server and ForTheRecord)
XBMC v11.0 Eden PVR v3 margro build

Each time I changed XBMC to a different version, i started all over with a fresh Windows installation.

As you might have figured out, there's 4 possible combinations...

1. Win 7 x86 + XBMC official (Without SQL Server and ForTheRecord)
2. Win 7 x86 + XBMC PVR margro

3. Win 7 x64 + XBMC official (Without SQL Server and ForTheRecord)
4. Win 7 x64 + XBMC PVR margro

The first combination works fine, after changing directories and drives in the bat and xml files to the appropriate ones.
The second, third and fourth combination starts PowerDVD, mounts the image, but unmounts it again before getting a chance to start the movie. And sometimes i get a "disc with unsupported format in drive x:" error.

What i did was remove the unmount command line i the PlayISO.bat file and that worked for images. Although it takes quite some time to mount and start the movie. And of course playing discs still doesn't work.

Any Ideas on what I should be trying with the PVR builds (I'd like to be able to watch Live-TV as well as using external players)? Smile

Thanks a lot m8! Wink

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-07-01

(2012-07-01, 00:06)Hessi Wrote: And of course playing discs still doesn't work.

Any Ideas on what I should be trying with the PVR builds (I'd like to be able to watch Live-TV as well as using external players)? Smile

Thanks a lot m8! Wink
Can you post your playercorefactory code in here? For Live TV, I use this "post #751".....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - andyd - 2012-07-01

Hi. I'm not sure why but I have some mp4s that when I launch from the videos section tmt gets launched. Besides that, everything else seems to be working normally. Playcorefactory detail below

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Andy D\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>
</player>
<player name="BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Andy D\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
</player>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Andy D\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe</filename>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filename=".*iso.*" player="ISO_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filename=".*bdmv.*" player="BDMV_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray M2TS -->
<rule filename=".*m2ts.*" player="Universal_Player"/>

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule protocols="bd|dvd" player="Disc_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-07-02

@andy.....

You need to tight up the rules a little bit........here are your rules:

<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filename=".*iso.*" filetype="iso" player="ISO_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filename=".*bdmv.*" filetype="bdmv" player="BDMV_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray M2TS -->
<rule filename=".*m2ts.*" filetype="m2ts" player="Universal_Player"/>

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Hessi - 2012-07-02

Here's the latest playercorefactory.xml i've tried. None of my files have filetype-ish names. F.x. Master & Commander.iso and not Master & Commander.bdmv.iso.
Code:
<playercorefactory>
    <players>
            <filename>C:\Users\Media Center\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
        </player>
        <player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Users\Media Center\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
        </player>
        <player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe</filename>
        </player>
    </players>
    <rules action="prepend">
        <rule filetypes="bdmv" player="BDMV_Player"/>
        <rule filetypes="m2ts" player="Universal_Player"/>

<rule name="Blu-Ray" protocols="bd" player="Disc_Player"/>
    </rules>
</playercorefactory>

And the batch files...

PlayBDMV.bat
Code:
@echo off
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" %pth% exit

PlayDisc.bat
Code:
@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" F:

PlayISO.bat - This one's modified a lot... the modifications allow PowerDVD to autostart the movie, and every other second it checks if PowerDVD is still running, and if not it'll unmount the image.
Code:
@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" G:
timeout /T 2
:loop
timeout /T 2
tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq PowerDVDCinema12.exe" 2>NUL | find /I /N "PowerDVDCinema12.exe">NUL
if "%ERRORLEVEL%"=="0" goto loop
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u

With the above playercorefactory.xml every type of AV media just starts PowerDVD with the previous selected drive. Nothing else happens. In fact, almost every combination of rules makes selecting any AV media start PowerDVD with either defualt drive or a previous manually selected drive. I'm trying to get XBMC to start PowerDVD and autoplay when I insert a BD-disc or select a movie with a BD-disc file structure (e.g. BDMV folder and so on). I'm on the Eden PVR v3 margro build because I don't want to use 3 different media center software for 1 complete solution. Live-TV is a necessity, and at the same time I'd rather have 1 complete (or at least almost 1 complete) UI solution.

Hope there's a solution... thanks a lot anyways! Smile

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - KraziJoe - 2012-07-02

Have you tried to set up DVD Fab Video Player to launch from within XBMC? it's something I am looking at doing and would like to know if it's possible...I should say I am sure it's possible just unsure of the steps.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-07-02

@ Hessi,

I'm not sure that it is possible to playback BDMV file using PDVD12 as an external player, and I stated my finding in post #668...

For ISO, M2TS and BD, you can try the codes below:

Playercorefactory.xml:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<filename>C:\Users\Media Center\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
<player name="Bluray_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe</filename>
<args>"{F:}"</args>
</player>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filename=".*iso.*" filetype="iso" player="ISO_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<!-- Bluray M2TS -->
<rule filename=".*m2ts.*" filetype="m2ts" player="Universal_Player"/>

<rule name="Blu-Ray" filename="F:\\.*" filetypes="bdmv" player="Bluray_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

I tried the ISO codes below on my HTPC's, and it worked fine.

PlayISO.bat:

@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" G:

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Hessi - 2012-07-02

bluray - will try those at once! Thanks! Smile

You say it's not possible with BDMV file structures, but why then have the....

<!-- Bluray BDMV -->

...rule?

Maybe you could explain the rules to me in detail, if it's not too much to ask? Smile

The reason for my modifying the PlayISO.bat is that i found, that when i was done watching the movie, the iso was still mounted. And I changed the order of VCDMount.exe and PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe so that the movie would autostart.

Now maybe it has something to do with the fact that I'm using the margro PVR build?? And Win 7 x64??

Oh and, I actually ONLY want Blu-Ray discs (actual discs) to play with PowerDVD12... is that possible?