Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-08-24

(2012-08-23, 19:07)acemt Wrote: Sorry, another question. I tried rolling back to TMT5 .114. Picture freezes after 5-7 seconds on all media. version .80 okay, but doesn't bitstream. Have you tried newer versions? What video card are you using. I have a ATI 5670 and I think it may be the culprit.

Thanks

Mark
I have HD6450, HD5570, GT430, etc, and it work fine with TMT5 5.0.1.114. You might have to configure audio/video in TMT5 as shown below, and update the latest AMD driver from here- AMD Driver Autodetect.....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - smuller - 2012-08-24

Hi Bluray, sorry for my late response.

I tried your latest suggestion but unfortuntely PowerDVD is also using the 2D movies and I really would like the internal player to handle these. Also it is still opening in a new window and not inside XBMC.

Hereby the settings I am using, perhaps I am missing something small ;(

Thanks for your help.

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\HTPC-SteveM\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filenames="_3dbd" filetypes="iso" player="ISO_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

---------------------------

@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" X:

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - smuller - 2012-08-24

I bought a 30 day trial from TMT 5.3 so my fil has changed to:

@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" X:

I still have the problem that the external player is playing all the ISO files instead of just the 3D ISO's?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-08-24

(2012-08-24, 13:35)smuller Wrote: I bought a 30 day trial from TMT 5.3 so my fil has changed to:

@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" X:

I still have the problem that the external player is playing all the ISO files instead of just the 3D ISO's?
You can try the rule below-

<rule filenames=".*_3dbd.iso*" protocols="*_3dbd.iso*" player="ISO_Player"/>

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - smuller - 2012-08-25

I tried but now nothing will playback ;( Not even the mkv files.

So I assume everything is working in your system correctly or are you using the TMT for all files?

Thanks a lot for all your work and advice.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-08-25

(2012-08-25, 03:25)smuller Wrote: I tried but now nothing will playback ;( Not even the mkv files.

So I assume everything is working in your system correctly or are you using the TMT for all files?

Thanks a lot for all your work and advice.
Try this (<rule filetypes="iso" filename=".*_3dbd.*" player="ISO_Player"/>)........only movie with _3dbd in the name will be using TMT5, and all other movies will be using XBMC....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - smuller - 2012-08-25

yes, thats the trick. Thanks and I am almost have what I want Wink

Unfortunately the 3D movies are not loading and I think there is something wrong with vcdmount. I installed Daemon lite instead and it works but I get an error message "Unknow line"

Perhaps something I need to change and do you perhaps have an idea why vcdmount is not working anymore? It mounts the disc but it is not playing via XBMC.

@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uLaunchTMT5.exe" S:

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-08-25

(2012-08-25, 06:54)smuller Wrote: Perhaps something I need to change and do you perhaps have an idea why vcdmount is not working anymore? It mounts the disc but it is not playing via XBMC.
I'm not familar with DLite. I always uses the combination of VCD, AnyDVD HD and TMT5....and it never let me down yet. If there is a problem with VCD, you can always un-install and re-install it.....

Sorry, error message is: "Unknown Switch in command line"
ok, will uninstall. Keep u posted

ok, I unistalled it and re-installed and still not working.

It all works fine when I click on the PlayISO.bat file but nothing happens when I click on the movie within XBMC. I also checked vcdmount and can confirm that the ISO file is mounted but there is no playback?

Don't think I changed anything in the files but perhaps you can see the problem? So frustrating since the rest is working now......

Drive number is S: now and this is also default in TMT.

Hereby my settings as advised by you.

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\HTPC-SteveM\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filetypes="iso" filename=".*_3dbd.*" player="ISO_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

--------------------------------------
@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" S:

RE: working..Kind of - smuller - 2012-08-25

(2012-01-04, 01:51)keith300 Wrote: well i read the guide to get this working and had some issues.

nothing was working inside of xbmc, but all batch files worked outside of xbmc.

If i ran the playdisc.bat file it opened tmt5 and would play the bluray in the drive, but if i went into xbmc and clicked the play disc it would flash to a screen with controls on the right and the bluray title in the bottom left and then would go back to the play disc menu.

all bat files are pointing to the correct locations for the files, and it appears that the playercorefact.xml is setup correctly (although i am no expert on xml code)

I have uninstalled tmt5 and backed up my config files and will try again with powerdvd and see if i have anymore luck with that.

everything was installed in order as set out in the first post.

ps...happy New Year All.....

Hi bluray,

I found this post and this is the exact same problem I have at the moment.

@keith, did you solve this problem?

@smuller-

You can try these codes (<args>"{1}"</args>) xml file and <"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" S:> in bat file. Make sure that the S drive is available on VCD and set TMT5 to start movie in fullscreen as shown in my screen shot below. You can verify in Windows Task Manager/Processes to make sure that TMT5 is not running before you try to playback ISO movie through XBMC. If it is active, you can End Process....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - smuller - 2012-08-26

I followed your instructions but still the same problem. If I click on the BAT file it works fine but not from inside XBMC ;(
It only opens anyhd but no TMT.

I think there must be something wrong with VCD mount since Daemon is working but then I have that error switch line.

May I also ask what this part means "/d=0 %1 since this is probably why Daemon is not working.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - legolas30 - 2012-08-26

Is there a way when i stop the external player it will auto close? Thanks

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-08-26

@smuller,
Do as below to test bat and xml files-

1. Right click ISO movie, and then open with/choose default program/browse to select PlayISO.bat.....it'll mount ISO movie to S drive and then start playback movie using TMT5 automatically. If it is not playing the movie automatically, there is something wrong with PlayISO.bat file.

2. Double click Playercorefactory.xml file...it should display the entire codes in IE without any error....if there is error, there is problem with playercorefactory.xml.....

(2012-08-26, 05:33)legolas30 Wrote: Is there a way when i stop the external player it will auto close? Thanks
That is depending on what external player you use. For TMT5, you need to press stop button and then back button on MCE remote to return to XBMC. For MPC-HC, you need to configure the remote command keys to controll it.....