Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - ibleedspeed - 2012-08-27

First I just wanted to say thankyou bluray because this thread is simply awesome!
I am pretty new to xbmc and just getting started with customizing it to my liking. right now the goal is to have vlc play my dvd iso files and tmt5 to play my bluray iso files. i have followed the instructions to get tmt5 working with bluray iso and it is mostly successful so far. I placed the 4 files in the correct folder and have tested a bluray iso file with the result being that it launched tmt5 and played fine.

However it did get a little strange when i then played a dvd iso file. the first time i played 1 it played in the xbmc internal player the second time i played 1 it played in vlc media player then the 3rd time it started tmt5 but did not autoplay the movie.

when i launch a bluray iso it opens fine in tmt5 and plays which is what i want.. but the problem is that all of my dvd and bluray files are iso. I really do not care to watch dvd in tmt5 because its a bit of a resource hog and seems glitchy and slow compared to vlc or even the xbmc player.
so im looking to have all dvd iso files launch in vlc all bluray iso files launch in tmt5 and i would like all video files jpg.mkv.avi.ect play on the internal xbmc player.

so what are my options as far as playing back my dvd collection? am i going to have to extract the VIDEO_TS folders from 600 dvd iso files? lol.

wow i just tryed to play a dvd iso again and this time it launched first vlc and then tmt5 at the same time and they both started playing.obviously there is an issue with vlc having been my go to app for playing dvd movies... it owns the file type dvd...

ok another major problem...now it seems that when using any video addons in xbmc I.E. icefilms ect... it also attempts to launch tmt5 and of course this does not work tmt5 says no disc in drive. i must have used the wrong script or something. im stumped here the one i used was supposed to use tmt5 to launch bd iso and nothing else..

for now i have removed the .bat files and playercore.xml so i can use xbmc until someone can help out. but i have saved the 4 files including the playercore.xml that i used. im sure my playercore just needs some fiddling but xml is not my friend...lol. sure i can alter the paths to point to my user folder but beyond that i need someone to hold my hand through the process..

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-08-27

@ibleedspeed-
Since DVD and BD files are ISO and both VLC and TMT5 are configured to launch when XBMC selected ISO movie, it make sense that both VLC/TMT5 launched at the same time. You will need to make different rule for TMT5 and VLC for it to work right. You can use this rule "<rule filetypes="iso" filename=".*_bd.*" player="BDISO_Player"/>" for TMT5, and you have to name your blu-ray ISO this way "Avatar_BD.ISO". The ISO movies with _bd in the name will use TMT5 for external player and all other ISO files will use VLC.....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - ibleedspeed - 2012-08-27

(2012-08-27, 03:16)bluray Wrote: @ibleedspeed-
Since DVD and BD files are ISO and both VLC and TMT5 are configured to launch when XBMC selected ISO movie, it make sense that both VLC/TMT5 launched at the same time. You will need to make different rule for TMT5 and VLC for it to work right. You can use this rule "<rule filetypes="iso" filename=".*_bd.*" player="BDISO_Player"/>" for TMT5, and you have to name your blu-ray ISO this way "Avatar_BD.ISO". The ISO movies with _bd in the name will use TMT5 for external player and all other ISO files will use VLC.....

cool thanks bluray i had figured that was the case since i read the first 20 pages of this thread. i dont mind renaming my bd iso files because there are only 75 of them or so.

so that solves that but i never saw how to set up vlc player with xbmc in this thread.. it only started launching vlc in xbmc after i added the new playercore and other 3 files and it did not do it consistantly either... i dont know why it would launch vlc at all since vlc is not mentioned in the playercore.xml at all nor have i modified it any way other then mapping my user name to replace the user"dell"... so why did vlc launch at all? and how do i add it to the playercore.xml so that it launches for my dvdiso files?

Thanks again for all the awesome info.

I think I need to start with a fresh playercore.xml. something is not right about the 1 i got from this thread since it tries to launch 3 different players for the same file types... and more importantly it broke the video addons since they also tried to launch in tmt5...you know what to make this easier on myself lets forget vlc alltogether... which playercore.xml do i use just to launch iso in tmt5? without having any other file types launch in tmt5 especially streaming videos from the addons..
i will settle for everysingle other file type launching with the built in xbmc player.

here is a bright idea since no one knows which playcore.xml i downloaded from this thread i will just post it here..

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
<filename>C:\Users\Bleed\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</player>
<player name="BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
<filename>C:\Users\Bleed\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
</player>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
<filename>C:\Users\Bleed\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe</filename>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filename=".*iso.*" player="ISO_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filename=".*bdmv.*" player="BDMV_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray MKV -->
<rule filename=".*mkv.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray M2TS -->
<rule filename=".*m2ts.*" player="Universal_Player"/>

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule protocols="bd" player="Disc_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Not sure what to do with it i have very little experience with editing xml...

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - smuller - 2012-08-27

(2012-08-26, 06:27)bluray Wrote: @smuller,
Do as below to test bat and xml files-

1. Right click ISO movie, and then open with/choose default program/browse to select PlayISO.bat.....it'll mount ISO movie to S drive and then start playback movie using TMT5 automatically. If it is not playing the movie automatically, there is something wrong with PlayISO.bat file.

2. Double click Playercorefactory.xml file...it should display the entire codes in IE without any error....if there is error, there is problem with playercorefactory.xml.....

Ok, will try it out tonight. I am thinking of doing a fresh Windows Install as well if this doesn't work. Will keep you posted Wink

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - User 136173 - 2012-08-27

I would like to play all my Blu-rays with TMT5 (.ISO files and classical folder structure - see picture below) and I would like to use MPC-HC for 720p and 1080p (.MKV files). So far i can play .MKV files and .ISO files but i don't know what kind of code do i need for classical Blu-ray folder structure? Can someone help me with this?

Mount.bat
Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" F:

playercorefactory.xml
Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\MPC-HC\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
<playcountminimumtime>3600</playcountminimumtime>
</player>
<player name="TMT5" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Zasekamoz\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Mount.bat</filename>
<args></args>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv" player="MPC-HC"/>
<rule filetypes="ts" player="MPC-HC"/>
<rule filetypes="avi" player="MPC-HC"/>
<rule filetypes="iso" player="TMT5"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - smuller - 2012-08-27

Is there a reason why people would like to use an external player while the internal one is perfect?

For me it's only for 3D but I cannot see any other reason why I should......

(2012-08-27, 05:37)smuller Wrote: Is there a reason why people would like to use an external player while the internal one is perfect?

well that is a simple question i can handle....lol... bluray menus. and well as far as dvd playback vlc does look better then the xbmc player as far as picture quality. but the main purpose is to have all of your media types playable from within xbmx obviously this gives you a complete media center in one single frontend known as xbmc otherwise you might as well not even include your bluray titles in your xbmc library because playing them without a menu is pointless might as well convert them to mkv...

Ah menus, of course :-)

Most of my movies (around 3000) are 1080p mkv. I only have around 100 Blu Ray ISO files and most of them are remuxed so without menus.

I have to say that the picture quality on XBMC for HD movies are on par with imo the best codec FFDSHOW. I am not sure what XBMC is using but it is very good and better then CoreAVC and VLC.

I have no idea about DVD since my collection is shrinking every day (LOL)

it really acts bizzare when i try to use the external player option.. it plays the bluray iso just fine but then i go back to movie menu and try to play a dvd and it launches vlc to play a dvd iso despite that it never launches vlc without the playercorefactory.xml. it always plays as it should in the xbmc player.
but then i go back to movie menu again try to play another dvd iso and this time tmt5 launches. but does not play the dvdiso so i go back and try another dvd now the xbmc player launches.... my question is why is it random? that really is confusing. it cant decide which player to play dvdiso with... though no problem with bluray...

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - siamsquare - 2012-08-27

Yo,

I know this had been asked a dozen of times but the search on this forum doesn't really give me an answer only partly so here goes....

I have several BD ripped in iso's and file structure, also have several 3DBD's ripped to into file structure, iso and MKV....how do I tag them for the external player to recognize them?

TY

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - marmot74 - 2012-08-27

Hey Guys,

I am switching to XMBC from WMC or at least trying to but I am unable to get TMT5 to load my movies using the external player method provided in this thread. I have triple checked all the paths and usernames in the files and they are all correct.

My movies are stored at BDMV file structure and they laoded fine with WMC/MyMovies.

When I click on a movie ion XMBC it loads using the built in player BUT if I right click a movie and choose the external player which has (default) after it it just sits on a screen that says close this window when external player is finished. Not sure why I have to right click for external player to run when its default. Either way it doesnt work....

Here is what the log says...

23:08:53 T:2380 NOTICE: ExternalPlayer Filename: C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat
23:08:53 T:2380 NOTICE: ExternalPlayer Tweaks: hideconsole (true), hidexbmc (false), islauncher (false), warpcursor ()
23:08:53 T:2380 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::OpenFile: bluray://H%3a%5cThe%20Hunt%20For%20Red%20October%5c/BDMV/PLAYLIST/00000.mpls
23:08:53 T:1648 NOTICE: Thread CExternalPlayer start, auto delete: false
23:08:53 T:1648 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Player : C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat
23:08:53 T:1648 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: File : bluray://H%3a%5cThe%20Hunt%20For%20Red%20October%5c/BDMV/PLAYLIST/00000.mpls
23:08:53 T:1648 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Content:
23:08:53 T:1648 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Args : "{1}" /fullscreen
23:08:53 T:1648 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Start
23:08:53 T:1648 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Lowering XBMC window
23:08:53 T:1648 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32: "C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat" "bluray://H%3a%5cThe%20Hunt%20For%20Red%20October%5c/BDMV/PLAYLIST/00000.mpls" /fullscreen
23:08:54 T:1648 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32: WAIT_OBJECT_0
23:09:07 T:1648 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Stop
23:09:07 T:1648 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Showing XBMC window TOPMOST

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - marmot74 - 2012-08-27

Oh, one more thing I am able to get the movies to play in the commandline. The only parameter that needs to be passed to TMT5 is the movie directory ex. h:\\MOVIENAME. Not sure how to get that as a parameter in XBMC.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-08-27

(2012-08-27, 04:38)ibleedspeed Wrote: Not sure what to do with it i have very little experience with editing xml...
The codes you listed are older codes, you can download the codes below-

1. Playcorefactory
2. PlayBDMV
3. PlayDisc
4. PlayISO

You can add codes below to XML for VLC-

<player name="VLCISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
<filename>C:\Users\Bleed\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayVLCISO.bat</filename>

and create a new PlayVLCISO.bat file, and simply copy the codes from TMT5 PlayISO.bat codes and replace TMT5 exe with VLC exec....

(2012-08-27, 05:37)smuller Wrote: Is there a reason why people would like to use an external player while the internal one is perfect?

Blu-ray menu, and all other goodies......

(2012-08-27, 05:29)Zasekamoz Wrote: I would like to play all my Blu-rays with TMT5 (.ISO files and classical folder structure - see picture below) and I would like to use MPC-HC for 720p and 1080p (.MKV files). So far i can play .MKV files and .ISO files but i don't know what kind of code do i need for classical Blu-ray folder structure? Can someone help me with this?

Mount.bat
Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" F:

playercorefactory.xml
Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\MPC-HC\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
<playcountminimumtime>3600</playcountminimumtime>
</player>
<player name="TMT5" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Zasekamoz\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Mount.bat</filename>
<args></args>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv" player="MPC-HC"/>
<rule filetypes="ts" player="MPC-HC"/>
<rule filetypes="avi" player="MPC-HC"/>
<rule filetypes="iso" player="TMT5"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
You can download the PlayBDMV.bat and add codes in XML file to support it, and you should be able to playback blu-ray folder afterward. To playback other blu-ray files, you can add rules to support it....