Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-08-27

(2012-08-27, 12:33)siamsquare Wrote: Yo,

I know this had been asked a dozen of times but the search on this forum doesn't really give me an answer only partly so here goes....

I have several BD ripped in iso's and file structure, also have several 3DBD's ripped to into file structure, iso and MKV....how do I tag them for the external player to recognize them?

TY
You have make rules as shown below to support it.

For 3d-
<rule filetypes="iso" filename=".*_3dbd.*" player="3dISO_Player"/> (name your 3d movie: Avatar_3dbd.iso)

For standard ISO-
<rule filetypes="iso" filename="iso" player="ISO_Player"/>

For MKV-
<rule filetypes="mkv" filename="mkv" player="MKV_Player"/>

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - siamsquare - 2012-08-27

(2012-08-27, 19:01)bluray Wrote:

I know this had been asked a dozen of times but the search on this forum doesn't really give me an answer only partly so here goes....

I have several BD ripped in iso's and file structure, also have several 3DBD's ripped to into file structure, iso and MKV....how do I tag them for the external player to recognize them?

TY

For 3d-
<rule filetypes="iso" filename=".*_3dbd.*" player="3dISO_Player"/> (name your 3d movie: Avatar_3dbd.iso)

For standard ISO-

For MKV-

TY

And for BD Iso series and BD Iso rips in BDMV structure?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-08-27

(2012-08-27, 21:10)siamsquare Wrote:
(2012-08-27, 19:01)bluray Wrote:

TY

For 3d-

For standard ISO-

For MKV-

TY

For BDMV, you can use this rule- <rule filetypes="bdmv" filename="bdmv" player="bdmv_Player"/>

All these rules other than 3dISO are included in the XML file in the first post......

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - ibleedspeed - 2012-08-27

(2012-08-27, 18:13)bluray Wrote:
(2012-08-27, 04:38)ibleedspeed Wrote: Not sure what to do with it i have very little experience with editing xml...
The codes you listed are older codes, you download the codes below-

1. Playcorefactory
2. PlayBDMV
3. PlayDisc
4. PlayISO

You can add codes below to XML for VLC-

<player name="VLCISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
<filename>C:\Users\Bleed\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayVLCISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>

and create a new PlayVLCISO.bat file, and simply copy the codes from TMT5 PlayISO.bat codes and replace TMT5 exe with VLC exec....

heybluray that is fantastic thanks.. only problem is the links you provided here do not work for me.. do i need to turn off popup blocker in firefox or something? when i click on them the screen just flashes.. none the less thanks for the effort. i will see if i can get it sorted..

EDIT: yes the popupblocker does not allow these downloads to work simply disable popupblocker in firefox options. Thanks again bluray going to test out the correct files now.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - ibleedspeed - 2012-08-28

This works impressively well... at first i was having a problem with tmt5 starting out in windowed mode but an update to tmt5 fixed that. now it works pretty nice asside from bluray playback having very slight jutters but that may just be my gpu choking on it. and dvd iso does not autoplay in tmt5 like the bd iso do. but all in all well worth the minor effort to get bluray playing from within xbmc with full menu control... however there is one major side effect of having xbmc all set up and doing everything i wanted it to do.....my 400 dollar dune hdi duo media player is now obsolete....lol live and learn.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - smuller - 2012-08-28

(2012-08-26, 06:27)bluray Wrote: @smuller,
Do as below to test bat and xml files-

1. Right click ISO movie, and then open with/choose default program/browse to select PlayISO.bat.....it'll mount ISO movie to S drive and then start playback movie using TMT5 automatically. If it is not playing the movie automatically, there is something wrong with PlayISO.bat file.

2. Double click Playercorefactory.xml file...it should display the entire codes in IE without any error....if there is error, there is problem with playercorefactory.xml.....

1. Done and it started the movie automatically Wink
2. I double clicked and no errors found in IE. This part is light grey color <!-- Bluray ISO -->

I even had a fresh Windows 7 install but still nothing from inside XBMC. It will just give a mark on the poster and it is mounting the ISO file but no playback at all ;(

I have installed XBMC Alpha 4 Frodo, not sure if that makes a difference.

What else can I do?

------------------------------------------
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\HTPC-SteveM\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filetypes="iso" filename=".*_3dbd.*" player="ISO_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
---------------------------------------

@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" O:

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-08-28

(2012-08-28, 13:42)ibleedspeed Wrote: now it works pretty nice asside from bluray playback having very slight jutters but that may just be my gpu choking on it.
You might be able to get it to playback smoother by hiding XBMC with this code "<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>" in XML file.....and make sure to enable hardware acceleration in TMT5.....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-08-28

The tests indicated that XML and BAT files are working correctly. Try the codes as shown below-

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\HTPC-SteveM\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}" </args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filetypes="iso" filename=".*_3dbd.*" player="ISO_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
---------------------------------------

@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" O:

If it still don't playback movie automatically after you done the above, try to install this "AnyDVD HD" free trial version. You need to reboot the PC after you installed it....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - smuller - 2012-08-28

Hi bluray,

Done everything and also installed AnyDVD HD but still same result. Is there perhaps something inside XBMC settings I need to change? It is still weird that Daemon is loading and VCDmount not via XBMC. I do not see any logic in this ;(

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - siamsquare - 2012-08-28

(2012-08-27, 21:44)bluray Wrote:
(2012-08-27, 21:10)siamsquare Wrote:
(2012-08-27, 19:01)bluray Wrote: You have make rules as shown below to support it.

For 3d-

For standard ISO-

For MKV-

TY

For BDMV, you can use this rule- <rule filetypes="bdmv" filename="bdmv" player="bdmv_Player"/>

All these rules other than 3dISO are included in the XML file in the first post......

Thanks...but I meant how to tag the iso from BD iso SERIES so the scraper can find all episodes?
Also if I want to play the 3DBD iso and BD iso (2d) with TMT5 I can just tag them all with _bd in their title..no need to make different rule for both 3dbd and just plain bd?

TY

Edit : Using TMT5 but nothing starts in XBMC eden...trying some first steps with blurays in file and iso but no luck.. I edited playerfactory with correct paths..batchfiles work and start up TMT5....will need to dig deeper!
Edit 2 : I selected a BD-iso file in explorer and right-clicked it and selected playiso.bat as standard player....the iso loaeded just fine in VCD and TMT5 played the iso.....so what is going wrong?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - theologian - 2012-08-28

(2012-08-28, 20:06)siamsquare Wrote:
(2012-08-27, 21:44)bluray Wrote:
(2012-08-27, 21:10)siamsquare Wrote: TY

Thanks...but I meant how to tag the iso from BD iso SERIES so the scraper can find all episodes?
Also if I want to play the 3DBD iso and BD iso (2d) with TMT5 I can just tag them all with _bd in their title..no need to make different rule for both 3dbd and just plain bd?

TY

Edit : Using TMT5 but nothing starts in XBMC eden...trying some first steps with blurays in file and iso but no luck.. I edited playerfactory with correct paths..batchfiles work and start up TMT5....will need to dig deeper!
Edit 2 : I selected a BD-iso file in explorer and right-clicked it and selected playiso.bat as standard player....the iso loaeded just fine in VCD and TMT5 played the iso.....so what is going wrong?

Hi, I've been reading and trying to get TMT5 to play bd3d iso for the last two days. Same problem here. The PlayISO.bat file works on its own, but not from within xbmc. When a bd3d movie is selected, xbmc gives a message saying "external player active," but tmt5 doesn't open at all. Very frustrating.

My VCD drive letter is "I:" so when I change one line in the playercorefactory file to: <args>"I:"</args> and try xbmc, it gives me an error message saying something like "can't mount I:", but then when I close the error message, tmt5 would start and the movie would play.

I feel like I'm so close, but just can't get it to work properly!!!

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - smuller - 2012-08-29

yep, we are so close ;(

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - marmot74 - 2012-08-29

Have any of you gotten TMT5 to work with BD File Structures? I've tried everything and I can get it to work at the commandline by passing in the Movies directory but it does not work with whatever parameter XBMC is passing in.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-08-29

(2012-08-28, 18:52)smuller Wrote: Hi bluray,

Done everything and also installed AnyDVD HD but still same result. Is there perhaps something inside XBMC settings I need to change? It is still weird that Daemon is loading and VCDmount not via XBMC. I do not see any logic in this ;(
I haven't figure out why it wouldn't work on some HTPC's, and it works fine on my HTPC's and others. I tried the same XML and BAT codes as listed on post #923 on three HTPC's tonight. It launched TMT5 and started the movie automatically everytime....Huh

Have you install this- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)? I'm using TMT 5.0.1.114. Maybe, other versions are not working properly with auto start....Huh

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - dpar - 2012-08-29

I have everything working perfectly with XBMC and TMT 5. My only question is do you have a solution for hiding the cmd window that opens when the .bat files are run? I'd like to have a seamless transition from XBMC to TMT 5 if possible.