Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-08-30

(2012-08-30, 19:42)Skank Wrote:
(2012-08-30, 15:51)bluray Wrote:
(2012-08-30, 15:09)Skank Wrote: Bluray can you post your version of video drivers...
Ive read on forum of tmt, that tmt5 has stuttering video issues with latest ati drivers...
Ati video drivers of 11.4 should prevent that..
What are yours? Its really strange i got hickups in standalone tmt 5

Other possibilities are mpc or powerdvd, but mpc has not the abbility to play bluray menus, and i really need that or else i could just use xbmc for the rest..

And poserdvd is not my thing, so theres not much of an option here
Are you having stutter with XBMC+TMT5 or TMT5 by itself? If you are having stutter with XBMC+TMT5, you can try to hide XBMC with this "<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>" code......

My AMD driver is the latest 11.6 version....

Both
I have stutter with standalone tmt 5
I have stutter with xbmc +tmt 5
I dont have stutter with xbmc only!
Did you make sure that hardware acceleration is enable in TMT5?

(2012-08-30, 19:42)Skank Wrote: Latest driver is 12.8 by the way... So you are using old ones... That might explain why yours is working
I cannot keep up with their driver anymore. I updated it a couple week ago, and it was 12.6 version. It seems that they skip 12.7, and went straight to 12.8....

(2012-08-30, 21:58)Skank Wrote: Anyone wanna share latest 5.3 version? Wink
I'm not sure why you are having stutters with TMT 5.0.1.114 version. It's smooth as silk on all my HTPC's. Did you make sure that hardware acceleration is enable in TMT5? Make sure you do these "post #3" in AMD CCC.....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Skank - 2012-08-30

Yes hardware acceleration was on..

12.6 and 12.8 drivers give me stuttering while using tmt 5.0
With tmt 5.3 it doesnt stutter with 12.8 drivers...

You have no hickups with drivers 12.6 and tmt version 5.0.1.114?

Strange

Yes everything in xbmc and ccc is set as you suggested.. Still stutters
With latest tmt , no stuttering
Info on latest tmt build, tells that specific ati drivers incompability is fixed..

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-08-30

(2012-08-30, 22:17)Skank Wrote: You have no hickups with drivers 12.6 and tmt version 5.0.1.114?
Yes, no hickups and stutter in my 3 HTPC's (my HTPC's are Intel, AMD and Nvidia GPU's).....and other users have no stutter with it either.....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - User 136173 - 2012-08-30

/mistake

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - airian9 - 2012-08-30

Has anyone got the new version of MPC-HC to work with XBMC? I tried 1.63 and it's not working. I reverted back to the previous version, 1.5x and its working. Here's the error in the log.

13:28:25 T:2648 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Args : "{0}" /fullscreen /close
13:28:25 T:2648 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Start
13:28:25 T:2648 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Releasing audio device 2
13:28:26 T:2648 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Lowering XBMC window
13:28:26 T:2648 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32: C:\Program Files (x86)\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\mpc-hc.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\mpc-hc.exe" "D:\Movie.mkv" /fullscreen /close
13:28:26 T:2648 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32 - Failure: 3
13:28:26 T:2648 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Stop
13:28:26 T:2648 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Showing XBMC window TOPMOST
13:28:26 T:2648 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Reclaiming audio device 2

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Skank - 2012-08-31

(2012-08-30, 22:25)bluray Wrote:
(2012-08-30, 22:17)Skank Wrote: You have no hickups with drivers 12.6 and tmt version 5.0.1.114?
Yes, no hickups and stutter in my 3 HTPC's (my HTPC's are Intel, AMD and Nvidia GPU's).....and other users have no stutter with it either.....

Well i do have them and my friend has another amd and has it too...

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Ghostdivision - 2012-08-31

One thing I notice with tmt i just found out, if you have your ati card set to control control, instead of letting application do control color for video, you get massive stuttering. No idea why, as soon as i switched it back to let applications handle brightness and color ect... its been working fine.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - siamsquare - 2012-08-31

Owkie,

I finally managed to make the external player work but have some question :

1.When I play an MKV TMT5 starts and plays the movie...when I hit BACK I go back to the blue screen of TMT5...when I hit BACK again to return to XBMC , TMT5 crashed every time using version 5.0.1.114
2.I have ripped several BD-iso into MKV using MaleMKV to save space; I also ripped the PGS subtitles into the MKV and never had problems playing them with my Dune mediaplayer.When I try playing those MKV in TMT5 I do'nt have the option to select subtitle! Does these subtitles work with TMT5?

TY

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Ghostdivision - 2012-08-31

I have a question im sure its been discussed, but does anyone have a mce remote working with tmt fully and xbmc. I was using this popular site auto installer, http://xbmccustomregis.sourceforge.net/

works great for xbmc, but after installing tmt dvd menu no longer functioned.

I have no idea how im going to get the remote to fully work with both Sad

I am also using xbmc to play some videos, mainly blurays are just reserved for tmt.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-08-31

(2012-08-31, 13:58)siamsquare Wrote: 1.When I play an MKV TMT5 starts and plays the movie...when I hit BACK I go back to the blue screen of TMT5...when I hit BACK again to return to XBMC , TMT5 crashed every time using version 5.0.1.114
You need to hit STOP first, and then hit BACK to return to XBMC......

(2012-08-31, 13:59)Ghostdivision Wrote: I have a question im sure its been discussed, but does anyone have a mce remote working with tmt fully and xbmc. I was using this popular site auto installer, http://xbmccustomregis.sourceforge.net/
My HP MCE remote worked with TMT5 and XBMC out of the box.......

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Skank - 2012-08-31

Trying to get it working now with powerdvd..

First trying upstairs.. all work , except bdmv, he somehow doesnt get the path into powerdvd when launching from within xbmc
Launching same bdmv from powerdvd self... it just runs.. launching same bdmv with bat file (outside xbmc) it runs too...

any ideas?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - saplinet111 - 2012-08-31

Not sure where to post but have issues with my external code. When I play videos with the addon Revision 3 or Twit MPC-HC opens as player but I want to use XBMC's default player for any addon internet streams. Is there something wrong with my code? Works fine for everything else.

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\MPC-HC\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="m2ts|mkv|avi|bdmv|m4v|mp4" player="MPC-HC"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-08-31

(2012-08-31, 19:56)Skank Wrote: Trying to get it working now with powerdvd..

First trying upstairs.. all work , except bdmv, he somehow doesnt get the path into powerdvd when launching from within xbmc
Launching same bdmv from powerdvd self... it just runs.. launching same bdmv with bat file (outside xbmc) it runs too...

any ideas?
I'm not sure that it is possible to playback BDMV file using PDVD12 as an external player, and I stated my finding in post #668.......

(2012-08-31, 21:26)saplinet111 Wrote: Not sure where to post but have issues with my external code. When I play videos with the addon Revision 3 or Twit MPC-HC opens as player but I want to use XBMC's default player for any addon internet streams. Is there something wrong with my code? Works fine for everything else.

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\MPC-HC\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="m2ts|mkv|avi|bdmv|m4v|mp4" player="MPC-HC"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
You can try this rule- <rule filetypes="m2ts|mkv|avi|bdmv|m4v|mp4" filename="m2ts|mkv|avi|bdmv|m4v|mp4" player="MPC-HC"/>

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - siamsquare - 2012-09-01

Yo,

Does TMT5 not display PGS embedded subs in MKV?
I have several BD-iso I ripped using MakeMKV to MKV with chapters and PGS subs included but they don't show up on my external player!
Some advice plz?

ty

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - saplinet111 - 2012-09-01

Bluray: tried your sugesstion but same problem. Thanks for response tho. May try one of the nightly builds for hd audio. That is the only reason I use an external player anyway.