Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - RobTi - 2012-09-15

Sorry if this is the wrong place but is the only thread that looks like it could work.

So i am trying to get hd-dvd iso files to play back and it looks like i use everything that is in the first post except for the hd-dvd instead of blu rays.

So has anyone any help they can give me with this, as i just moved over from Mp and there its just clicking an option in a plugin but it looks like xbmc would work better if i can get this to work

Thanks

Robert

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - {{INX}} - 2012-09-15

Bluray,
After a few months break from trying to get 3D working with TMT5 through Xbmc, I thought it is time I got it sorted.

Ok my 3D files are all Mkv's labelled like the example below.

F:\Films\3D\Avatar 3D (2009)\Avatar 3D (2009).3dbd.mkv

My playercorefactory.xml from when we last spoke is:

<playercorefactory>

<players>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>false</warpcursor>
</player>

</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Note: blu-ray SBS 3d rules-->
<rule filename=".*.3dbd.mkv*" player="Universal_Player"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Everytime I select a 3D film in Xbmc and click play it says the external player is active and nothing else happens. If I click on the OK button it just disappears and appears a few seconds later every time I click it and also if I check running processes, TMT hasn't launched in the background.

Any ideas what could be doing this as I have tried with quite a few versions of Xbmc now?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-09-15

@andcbii-

For PDVD12, please refer to post #668.....
(2012-09-15, 12:47)RobTi Wrote: Sorry if this is the wrong place but is the only thread that looks like it could work.

So i am trying to get hd-dvd iso files to play back and it looks like i use everything that is in the first post except for the hd-dvd instead of blu rays.

So has anyone any help they can give me with this, as i just moved over from Mp and there its just clicking an option in a plugin but it looks like xbmc would work better if i can get this to work

Thanks

Robert
Does external player you use support HD-DVD ISO?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-09-15

(2012-09-15, 18:33){{INX}} Wrote: Bluray,
After a few months break from trying to get 3D working with TMT5 through Xbmc, I thought it is time I got it sorted.

Ok my 3D files are all Mkv's labelled like the example below.

F:\Films\3D\Avatar 3D (2009)\Avatar 3D (2009).3dbd.mkv

My playercorefactory.xml from when we last spoke is:

<playercorefactory>

<players>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>false</warpcursor>
</player>

</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Note: blu-ray SBS 3d rules-->
<rule filename=".*.3dbd.mkv*" player="Universal_Player"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Everytime I select a 3D film in Xbmc and click play it says the external player is active and nothing else happens. If I click on the OK button it just disappears and appears a few seconds later every time I click it and also if I check running processes, TMT hasn't launched in the background.

Any ideas what could be doing this as I have tried with quite a few versions of Xbmc now?
Try the exact codes below, and set TMT5 to launch in fullscreen (name your movie Avatar 3D (2009)_3dbd.mkv)-

playercorefactory.xml

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MKV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray MKV -->
<rule filetypes="mkv" filename=".*_3dbd.*" player="MKV_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - {{INX}} - 2012-09-15

OK I will give it a go and report back soon Smile

Ok I copied and pasted your post exactly and ticked auto fullscreen in TMT5 but it is still doing the same Sad

(2012-09-15, 19:41){{INX}} Wrote: Ok I copied and pasted your post exactly and ticked auto fullscreen in TMT5 but it is still doing the same Sad
The codes I suggested works great on my HTPC's. Can you do as below.....

-Rename XBMC in "C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Roaming" folder to XBMC_orig
-Launch XBMC to create a new userdata, and then exit XBMC
-Copy the same playercorefactory.xml that I suggested from XBMC_orig, and save it in the new XBMC userdata in "C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata" folder
-Verify that TMT5 is not running in Windows Task Manager/Processes. If it is running, you can select it and end process
-Make sure to tick TMT5 "Auto Play and Auto Fullscreen"
-Make sure that "Video file" in Windows 7 control panel>hardware and sound>AutoPlay is set to "Take no action"
-Launch XBMC, and give your 3D MKV movie another try.....

OK we have progress!

I done exactly what you said and boom it worked Smile
The problem is now where do we go?

Oh I forgot to say before that my setup is synced with the MySQL server like the rest of the house but this time I just set a manual path to the server for 3d films.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - RobTi - 2012-09-15

Thanks i use any dvd hd and virtual clone drive with TMT 5 and all play as they should if i mount the file any dvd hd scans it then TMT 5 plays it and everything works.

In Mp all i had to do was point to the external payer in moving pictures and it all played fine,but as i have now gave up on the tv side of things i am looking to give xbmc a try

Robert

(2012-09-15, 21:45){{INX}} Wrote: I done exactly what you said and boom it worked Smile
I'm glad that the codes works....enjly it...Nod

(2012-09-15, 21:55)RobTi Wrote: Thanks i use any dvd hd and virtual clone drive with TMT 5 and all play as they should if i mount the file any dvd hd scans it then TMT 5 plays it and everything works.

In Mp all i had to do was point to the external payer in moving pictures and it all played fine,but as i have now gave up on the tv side of things i am looking to give xbmc a try

Robert
You can start off by download external player files from the first page.....if you run into any problem, you can ask for help in here.....

Thanks Bluray but where do I go from here as that was without the MySql profiles etc

(2012-09-15, 23:00){{INX}} Wrote: Thanks Bluray but where do I go from here as that was without the MySql profiles etc
You can create new profile or download new skin.....playercorefactory should work with all type of skins and profiles.....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - andcbii - 2012-09-16

(2012-09-15, 18:52)bluray Wrote: @andcbii-

(2012-09-15, 12:47)RobTi Wrote: Sorry if this is the wrong place but is the only thread that looks like it could work.

Thanks

Robert

I check out posts 668 and 659. Does
Quote:Unfortunately, Cyberlink decided not to suport blu-ray index.bdmv
mean you can not get this to work? it still doesn't look like the iso's are mounting is it a problem with DVDFab? i notice most people aren't using that. I stopped using Virtual CloneDrive a while back because it didn't work when the iso was stored over the network.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-09-16

(2012-09-16, 00:01)andcbii Wrote:
(2012-09-15, 18:52)bluray Wrote: @andcbii-

Thanks

Robert

I check out posts 668 and 659. Does
Quote:Unfortunately, Cyberlink decided not to suport blu-ray index.bdmv
mean you can not get this to work? it still doesn't look like the iso's are mounting is it a problem with DVDFab? i notice most people aren't using that. I stopped using Virtual CloneDrive a while back because it didn't work when the iso was stored over the network.
As I stated it, I couldn't get bluray index.bdmv to launch automatically with PDVD12 but bluray ISO work fine with PDVD12. I never try DVDFab virtual drive. If you cannot get DVDFab virtual drive to work, you can give VCD a try and it is free- Virtual CloneDrive....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - andcbii - 2012-09-16

well i tried to download TMT5 and VCD and seeing if that worked. I'm seeing the same thing. TMT5 pops up but the virtual drive doesn't have anything in it. The ISO never mounts.
I figured out the issue. It is with DVDFab virtual drive. Does anyone know the correct exe to point to with dvdfab virtual drive?