Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - davematt0709 - 2012-09-18

(2012-09-18, 00:22)bluray Wrote:
(2012-09-17, 17:54)davematt0709 Wrote: Hey bluray I have been recommended to ask you on this thread to help me sort out a problem with my new HTPC setup. I am using TMT5 with the bluray drive in my HTPC to watch blurays and DVDs. The program looks great and has a nice user interface (it seems to use uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe launcher). However, I really would like to be able to launch it from within xbmc, since I boot straight into xbmc it makes sense. However, I have read on here and elsewhere that I need to place a playercorefactory.xml file in the AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata folder. I have tried using one I downloaded here but I cannot get it to work correctly.

However, although when I click on "play disc" in xbmc the movie starts there is a large band across the middle and the screen flashes all different colours, plus it goes straight into the directors commentary and not the bluray menu!! The other thing i notice is that it is not the same menus as when going straight into TMT5 - it looks more basic. Infact looking in the TMT5 folders I see that there are multiple exe files. The one it appears most like is uMCEPlayer5.exe and not uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe as in the playercorefactory file!

I am trying to end up with xbmc playing all my ripped movies whether blurays or DVDs and want my external bluray player (drive "D") to play original discs (again bluray and DVD) from within xbmc. I hope you can help, it would be really appreciated - I have been trying to sort this out over the whole weekend and got nowhere with it. The virtual mount drive appears to be drive "E".
Cheers
Dave
Create the 3 files below and store all 3 files in \AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\ folder. You need to replace "xxxx" in playercorefactory.xml with the correct user name from your computer.....

Playercorefactory.xml:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<!-- You can place your PlayBDMV file anywhere -->
<filename>C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>

</player>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<!-- You can place your PlayDisc file anywhere -->
<filename>C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filenames="bdmv" filetypes="bdmv" player="BDMV_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule filenames="BD" name="D:\\.*" filetypes="bdmv" player="Disc_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayDisc.bat:

@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" D:

PlayBDMV.bat:

@echo off
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" %pth% exit

Thanks very much Bluray for your help. The codes you sent work great. I get exactly what I want playing a disk in XBMC via TMT5.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-09-18

(2012-09-18, 22:31)davematt0709 Wrote: Thanks very much Bluray for your help. The codes you sent work great. I get exactly what I want playing a disk in XBMC via TMT5.
I'm glad that you got it to work....enjoy it...Nod

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - ibleedspeed - 2012-09-19

(2012-09-18, 20:12)davematt0709 Wrote:
(2012-09-18, 03:41)ibleedspeed Wrote:
(2012-09-17, 23:26)davematt0709 Wrote: Thanks ibleedspeed. Will try the codes tomorrow, wife is watching a film just now! For ripped dvd and blurays I don't want an iso image as the files are huge, prefer to just take main film, audio and subtitles in mkv container. I think I saw some codes for those as well as iso in some posts after the one you mentioned. Boy this is a bit of a steep learning curve!

I too was confused at first but once you understand where to put the files and which lines need to be altered to match your drive paths it as easy as it gets. however I am not too sure why you want to use an external player for mkv files..... the built in xbmc player works great for those. the only reason to use an external player is to either have access to all the original bluray menus and content or to have bitstreaming hd audio. imho if your enough of a cinefile to just have to have bitstreaming audio then bluray menus should also be desired....Tongue Big Grin

there are only 2 things the xbmc dvd player can not do.... BD menus and hd audio.... Nod For me I store full blurays and dvds because i like menus and special features but i can live with dts audio just fine since my system is not even hd audio ready....

If hd audio is a must then this is the solution until xbmc can manage licensing for hd audio and bluray... which from what i understand is very expensive... that is why there are only a few standalone media players which have the bluray licensing... last i checked it was only popcornhour and dune hd.

and after buying a high end dune hd player the damn thing sat there doing nothing for a year until i sold it because the user interface is crap when compared to xbmc... my old dell laptop can do everything the dune did and.....run xbmc Cool

but again if mkv were my target media i certainly would not bother driving myself nuts trying to use an external player just to have 2 more audio channlesWink

I will take your word on that lol! I guess once I get my head around it all, I will become an expert like all you guys!
But I think you misunderstood my post re mkv files. I want to play my bluray and DVD rips in XBMC,using the default player, but bitstream HD audio to my receiver for decoding (when you say that xbmc cannot do HD audio I assume you mean it cannot decode HD audio?). I know what you mean re menus etc but for me am just happy to go straight into film from within xbmc. This way I can reduce file sizes somewhat to save storage space. My bluray ISOs are coming out at around 30-35GB each, which is going to fill up my 2 x 2TB drives pretty quick! This is why I am probably going to rip my whole collection using makemkv into mkv files, as I can just rip the main film, HD audio and subtitles that I want. If I want anymore than that (eg special features) I can go back to the disc, hence me also wanting to be able to play discs through XBMC on my external player. In other words I do not want to use the external player for the mkv files, I just want to use it for original discs. I hope this makes sense!

ahh ok! now i get it but honestly is 5 to 10 gb extra space per movie worth losing bd functions? if you really want to save space for your mkv rips there is a very simple easy to use transcoder called ripbot that can compress those 20 gb video files down to 2 or 3 gb files... you can also choose to only compress video preserving the audio. quality difference is not even detectable in most cases.. now instead of having 70 or 80 mkv files on your 2 tb hdd you can have hundreds..

a 2 tb hdd will hold between 40 and 60 full bluray rips. or if you dont care about bd features 200 to 300 compressed 1080p mkv rips... however keep in mind if you have never transcoded it is a lengthy process i recommend having a second computer just for transcoding with a nice quad core processor. good luck bro.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - azula - 2012-09-19

(2012-09-17, 04:04)bluray Wrote:
(2012-09-17, 01:45)azula Wrote: Hey Bluray, I only want to use TMT5 mainly for 3D iso's and bluray discs. However, I would like to keep XBMC as my player of choice for everything else. Would I still follow the directions in your first post? Sorry, new to all of this! Thanks in advance.
Create the playercorefactory.xml and playiso.bat files using the codes below, and save it in AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\ folder. You need to replace "xxxx" playercorefactory with the correct user name from your HTPC and replace "G:" in playiso with the available VCD driver from your HTPC...

playercorefactory.xml

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filetypes="iso" filename=".*_3dbd.*" player="ISO_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
-----------------------------------------------
playiso.bat

@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" G:

Thanks so much Bluray! Looks like I got everything working. One small quirk, when selecting my 3d iso file through xbmc, I have to choose the option from the XBMC sub menu to "play using iso_player" to properly launch TMT5. Is this normal, or should the regular play option work?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - davematt0709 - 2012-09-19

(2012-09-19, 00:35)ibleedspeed Wrote:
(2012-09-18, 20:12)davematt0709 Wrote:
(2012-09-18, 03:41)ibleedspeed Wrote: I too was confused at first but once you understand where to put the files and which lines need to be altered to match your drive paths it as easy as it gets. however I am not too sure why you want to use an external player for mkv files..... the built in xbmc player works great for those. the only reason to use an external player is to either have access to all the original bluray menus and content or to have bitstreaming hd audio. imho if your enough of a cinefile to just have to have bitstreaming audio then bluray menus should also be desired....Tongue Big Grin

there are only 2 things the xbmc dvd player can not do.... BD menus and hd audio.... Nod For me I store full blurays and dvds because i like menus and special features but i can live with dts audio just fine since my system is not even hd audio ready....

If hd audio is a must then this is the solution until xbmc can manage licensing for hd audio and bluray... which from what i understand is very expensive... that is why there are only a few standalone media players which have the bluray licensing... last i checked it was only popcornhour and dune hd.

and after buying a high end dune hd player the damn thing sat there doing nothing for a year until i sold it because the user interface is crap when compared to xbmc... my old dell laptop can do everything the dune did and.....run xbmc Cool

but again if mkv were my target media i certainly would not bother driving myself nuts trying to use an external player just to have 2 more audio channlesWink

I will take your word on that lol! I guess once I get my head around it all, I will become an expert like all you guys!
But I think you misunderstood my post re mkv files. I want to play my bluray and DVD rips in XBMC,using the default player, but bitstream HD audio to my receiver for decoding (when you say that xbmc cannot do HD audio I assume you mean it cannot decode HD audio?). I know what you mean re menus etc but for me am just happy to go straight into film from within xbmc. This way I can reduce file sizes somewhat to save storage space. My bluray ISOs are coming out at around 30-35GB each, which is going to fill up my 2 x 2TB drives pretty quick! This is why I am probably going to rip my whole collection using makemkv into mkv files, as I can just rip the main film, HD audio and subtitles that I want. If I want anymore than that (eg special features) I can go back to the disc, hence me also wanting to be able to play discs through XBMC on my external player. In other words I do not want to use the external player for the mkv files, I just want to use it for original discs. I hope this makes sense!

ahh ok! now i get it but honestly is 5 to 10 gb extra space per movie worth losing bd functions? if you really want to save space for your mkv rips there is a very simple easy to use transcoder called ripbot that can compress those 20 gb video files down to 2 or 3 gb files... you can also choose to only compress video preserving the audio. quality difference is not even detectable in most cases.. now instead of having 70 or 80 mkv files on your 2 tb hdd you can have hundreds..

a 2 tb hdd will hold between 40 and 60 full bluray rips. or if you dont care about bd features 200 to 300 compressed 1080p mkv rips... however keep in mind if you have never transcoded it is a lengthy process i recommend having a second computer just for transcoding with a nice quad core processor. good luck bro.

Thanks for info on ripbot, I have come across it on a few posts, but haven't looked into it yet. It looks like I need to try a few options and see what I like best. Maybe what I use will depend on discs. For Lord of the Rings for example I want the best quality I can get and probably special features as well, so will probably go for ISOs, but if XBMC doesn't do menus, then am I not better watching bluray ISO rips through TMT5? Thanks for your help.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-09-19

(2012-09-19, 07:32)azula Wrote: Thanks so much Bluray! Looks like I got everything working. One small quirk, when selecting my 3d iso file through xbmc, I have to choose the option from the XBMC sub menu to "play using iso_player" to properly launch TMT5. Is this normal, or should the regular play option work?
I'm glad that you got it to work....enjoy it....Nod

Unfortunately, you have to launch the 3dbd.iso through XBMC file option. After the ISO title is altered, it'll not recognize under movie......

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - {{INX}} - 2012-09-19

I have some 3d Bluray ISO's, is it best to extract to a folder and play with TMT5 or is there a better solution?

Edit: Sorry I have been a plank!
Just re-read your instructions at the start of the thread and I have kept the file as an ISO, installed VirtualClone Drive and tweaked the two files.

My 3d MKV's are playing but the ISO is launching with Xbmc player instead of TMT5.

What have I done wrong?

PLAYISO.BAT:

@echo off
rem you can place your PlayISO file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
rem you need to put the correct VCDMount drive letter in the command below

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" E:

PLAYERCOREFACTORY.XML:
<playercorefactory>
<players>

<player name="3D_ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>

<player name="3D_MKV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>

</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray 3D ISO -->
<rule filenames="iso" filetypes=".*.3dbd.iso" player="3D_ISO_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray 3D MKV-->
<rule filetypes="mkv" filename=".*.3dbd.mkv" player="3D_MKV_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-09-20

(2012-09-19, 22:32){{INX}} Wrote: I have some 3d Bluray ISO's, is it best to extract to a folder and play with TMT5 or is there a better solution?

Edit: Sorry I have been a plank!
Just re-read your instructions at the start of the thread and I have kept the file as an ISO, installed VirtualClone Drive and tweaked the two files.

My 3d MKV's are playing but the ISO is launching with Xbmc player instead of TMT5.

What have I done wrong?

PLAYISO.BAT:

@echo off
rem you can place your PlayISO file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
rem you need to put the correct VCDMount drive letter in the command below

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" E:

PLAYERCOREFACTORY.XML:
<playercorefactory>
<players>

<player name="3D_ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>

<player name="3D_MKV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>

</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray 3D ISO -->
<rule filenames="iso" filetypes=".*.3dbd.iso" player="3D_ISO_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray 3D MKV-->
<rule filetypes="mkv" filename=".*.3dbd.mkv" player="3D_MKV_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
Download the files below, and save both files in C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata folder.....

-playercorefactory.xml
-playiso.bat

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Vin Petrol - 2012-09-20

Having some trouble here myself, just wanted tmt5 to play my bluray iso's and bluray folders.... im unfamiliar with this kind of thing so heres my playercorefactory my virtual drive is H

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
<filename>C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</player>
<player name="BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
<filename>C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
</player>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
<filename>C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe</filename>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filename=".*iso.*" player="ISO_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filename=".*bdmv.*" player="BDMV_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray M2TS -->
<rule filename=".*m2ts.*" player="Universal_Player"/>

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule protocols="bd" player="Disc_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

and my playbdmv

@echo off
rem you can place your PlayBDMV file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
set pth=%1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" %pth% ex

cheers.......

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-09-20

(2012-09-20, 01:24)Vin Petrol Wrote: Having some trouble here myself, just wanted tmt5 to play my bluray iso's and bluray folders.... im unfamiliar with this kind of thing so heres my playercorefactory my virtual drive is H

cheers.......
You need to create playercorefactory.xml, playiso.bat and playbdmv.bat files using Notepad, and save it in AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata folder. You need to replace "xxxx" in playercorefactory code with the correct user name from your HTPC.....

playercorefactory.xml:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
<player name="BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filetypes="iso" player="ISO_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filetypes="bdmv" player="BDMV_Player"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

playiso.bat:

@echo off

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" H:

playbdmv.bat:

@echo off

set pth=%1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" %pth% exit

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - {{INX}} - 2012-09-20

Thanks Bluray, that worked great. I am having some stuttering issues, I read somewhere in this thread about others having the same issue. Time to read backwards Smile

(2012-09-20, 20:06){{INX}} Wrote: Thanks Bluray, that worked great. I am having some stuttering issues, I read somewhere in this thread about others having the same issue. Time to read backwards Smile
If you configured it to "<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>", you might want to configure it to "<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>" to hide XBMC. If you haven't enable DXVA in TMT5 and XBMC, you might want to enable it....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - {{INX}} - 2012-09-20

OK I have played around and tried to rule a few things.
I have closed Xbmc and launched TMT5 standalone, loaded Avatar ISO and left it on the main menu on my projector (Optoma HD33). 3D is running and the menu video is looping but every few second or longer (no pattern) it stutters, the amp clicks a few times in and out of 'Pure Audio' mode and carry's on like that.

My setup is networked, so all files are streamed but surely that can't be the problem with just a menu. Btw 3D sbs mkv files play fine.

PC spec is AMD A6-3650 as advised on the forums a few months back as fine for all 3D stuff.

Any ideas?

Edit: Been playing some more and reduced the stuttering by ticking buffered i/o option Virtual Clonedrive but still not cured

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-09-21

(2012-09-20, 22:51){{INX}} Wrote: OK I have played around and tried to rule a few things.
I have closed Xbmc and launched TMT5 standalone, loaded Avatar ISO and left it on the main menu on my projector (Optoma HD33). 3D is running and the menu video is looping but every few second or longer (no pattern) it stutters, the amp clicks a few times in and out of 'Pure Audio' mode and carry's on like that.

My setup is networked, so all files are streamed but surely that can't be the problem with just a menu. Btw 3D sbs mkv files play fine.

PC spec is AMD A6-3650 as advised on the forums a few months back as fine for all 3D stuff.

Any ideas?

Edit: Been playing some more and reduced the stuttering by ticking buffered i/o option Virtual Clonedrive but still not cured
Try Avatar ISO directly on local drive or USB drive to rule out network issue.....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - {{INX}} - 2012-09-21

I will bring one home form work tonight and try it out,then report back with my findings