Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-09-26

(2012-09-26, 13:47)Tyler Durden Wrote: I have followed the instruction in the first thread, and when I attempt to play a Blu Ray ISO file nothing happens.

If I close down XBMC and mount the image manually it will play fine on TMT. I have also tried editing the PlayISO.bat as you have above, but to no avail.

What am I not doing right?
Did you do as below?

-Since you are sharing Apps (XBMC+TMT5), you need to enable "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC system/system/video output.......and if you haven't done it, you can enable DXVA2 and select DXVA as Render method and disable everything else in XBMC system/video/playback too.......

-Save the files in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\ folder

-Change the log in user in playercorefactory

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Tyler Durden - 2012-09-26

I think the main issue was with the username in the playercorefactory, which I missed from the original post.

It seems to be working to a degree, although the difference in controls between what I am used to in XBMC and those used by TMT5 is a bit confusing.

Perhaps I need to get a remote. Any recommendations? Or can I access some settings in TMT5 to map the keys to match more closely with what I am used to?

Also, am I to assume that because I am now using TMT5 to play files rather than XBMC, that this will stop my iPad remote from working during playback?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Hail.ceasar - 2012-09-27

Hello Bluray

I am using your codes for a while. just built a new machine and transfered everything over.

now PlayIso dosent work at all for iso files- both normal iso and 3d iso. Everything is correct in the code. I am noticing that VCD is not mounting the iso at all, the BDMV player works just fine with no problem. all the codes are in the correct location. here are my codes:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\HTPC\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
<player name="BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filename=".*iso.*" player="ISO_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filename=".*bdmv.*" player="BDMV_Player"/>
<rule filename=".*sbs3d.mkv*" protocols="*sbs3d.mkv*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule name="Blu-Ray" filename="E:\\.*" filetypes="bdmv" player="Disc_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

@echo off

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" H:

please help bluray. this is driving me mad!!!

cheers

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - PeterMac - 2012-09-27

(2012-09-08, 20:06)bluray Wrote:
(2012-09-08, 17:36)Gingerbread Man Wrote: It loads it but doesn't tend to switch focus like you'd hope. But you say that there is issues with PowerDVD12, so that'll be fine then.

Many thanks.
Un-fortunately, PDVD12 doesn't work with XBMC BDMV code. If you convert your blu-ray disc to ISO, it will work fine. Here is my previouse statement- post #668...

With TMT5.3 I have also problem with bdmv code, it's starts random movies files from compilation not movie from begining.
When I open this directly it TMT5 by "Open Disc Folder" plays fine, maybe is possible to use some different code in XBMC to work ?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-09-28

(2012-09-27, 00:16)Hail.ceasar Wrote: @echo off

cheers
Is your VCD drive "H"? Is your login name HTPC? Have you enable "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC system/system/video output?

(2012-09-27, 06:54)PeterMac Wrote:
(2012-09-08, 20:06)bluray Wrote:
(2012-09-08, 17:36)Gingerbread Man Wrote: It loads it but doesn't tend to switch focus like you'd hope. But you say that there is issues with PowerDVD12, so that'll be fine then.

Many thanks.
Un-fortunately, PDVD12 doesn't work with XBMC BDMV code. If you convert your blu-ray disc to ISO, it will work fine. Here is my previouse statement- post #668...

With TMT5.3 I have also problem with bdmv code, it's starts random movies files from compilation not movie from begining.
When I open this directly it TMT5 by "Open Disc Folder" plays fine, maybe is possible to use some different code in XBMC to work ?
Sorry, I haven't try the latest TMT5.3......I'm still using the older TMT5.....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - StartCodon - 2012-09-28

(2012-09-28, 00:21)bluray Wrote: Sorry, I haven't try the latest TMT5.3......I'm still using the older TMT5.....
TMT5.3 seems to work fine for me, using the codes you provided - not a huge change like PDVD11 to 12.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Hail.ceasar - 2012-09-28

(2012-09-28, 00:21)bluray Wrote: [quote='Hail.ceasar' pid='1200223' dateline='1348697805']

@echo off

cheers
Is your VCD drive "H"? Is your login name HTPC? Have you enable "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC system/system/video output?

Hello Bluray

Yes my VCD drive is "H" and my login name is "HTPC". I have also enabled "Use Fullscreen rather than true Fullscreen" in XBMC but still I can not get the ISO_Player to work! It just shows my windows screen once and comes back to XBMC and marks the video as "watched". VCD dosent mount the image at all...

Also xbmc dosent "hide" when watching .bdmv even though i made the require "true" mod in the code.

Please help

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-09-28

(2012-09-28, 01:52)StartCodon Wrote:
(2012-09-28, 00:21)bluray Wrote: Sorry, I haven't try the latest TMT5.3......I'm still using the older TMT5.....
TMT5.3 seems to work fine for me, using the codes you provided - not a huge change like PDVD11 to 12.
Yes, I forgot about that.....I'm not sure why the other guy is having trouble with his TMT5.3 then....

(2012-09-28, 02:37)Hail.ceasar Wrote:
(2012-09-28, 00:21)bluray Wrote: [quote='Hail.ceasar' pid='1200223' dateline='1348697805']

@echo off

cheers

Hello Bluray

Yes my VCD drive is "H" and my login name is "HTPC". I have also enabled "Use Fullscreen rather than true Fullscreen" in XBMC but still I can not get the ISO_Player to work! It just shows my windows screen once and comes back to XBMC and marks the video as "watched". VCD dosent mount the image at all...

Also xbmc dosent "hide" when watching .bdmv even though i made the require "true" mod in the code.

Please help
Download the files below, and save all files in C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata folder........

-playercorefactory.xml
-playdisc.bat
-playiso.bat
-playbdmv.bat

You can set Autoplay control panel to "Take No Action" for "Blu-ray Disc Movie" and "Video Files".....you can set TMT5 to launch in fullscreen too...

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Hail.ceasar - 2012-09-28

(2012-09-28, 04:02)bluray Wrote:
(2012-09-28, 02:37)Hail.ceasar Wrote:

@echo off

cheers

Hello Bluray

Please help
Download the files below, and save all files in C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata folder........

-playercorefactory.xml
-playdisc.bat
-playiso.bat
-playbdmv.bat

You can set Autoplay control panel to "Take No Action" for "Blu-ray Disc Movie" and "Video Files".....you can set TMT5 to launch in fullscreen too...

Bluray as always you come to the rescue!!! Cant thank you enough for your time and effort. Everything is working like a dream.. Cheers Big Grin

(2012-09-28, 15:05)Hail.ceasar Wrote: Bluray as always you come to the rescue!!! Cant thank you enough for your time and effort. Everything is working like a dream.. Cheers Big Grin
I'm glad that you got it to work again.....Nod

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Skank - 2012-09-29

Bluray, i got a problem..
Strangele i didnt have it before, i could just watch movies with external player without problems..
Im using mpc-hc as external player on win7 64bit
Yesterday i watched a movie and suddenly it lost its focus and put mpc-hc as a window..
I also got a warning saying , its going out of memory?

I didnt have all that before, didnt change a thing , except installing 2 or 3 addons
Why is it losing its focus (and not before) and why is it warning its going out of memory ? I got 4gb ram..
Using aeon skin mq 4 and addons like artwork downloader, artwork organizer, metadata actors...

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-09-29

(2012-09-29, 08:40)Skank Wrote: Bluray, i got a problem..
Strangele i didnt have it before, i could just watch movies with external player without problems..
Im using mpc-hc as external player on win7 64bit
Yesterday i watched a movie and suddenly it lost its focus and put mpc-hc as a window..
I also got a warning saying , its going out of memory?

I didnt have all that before, didnt change a thing , except installing 2 or 3 addons
Why is it losing its focus (and not before) and why is it warning its going out of memory ? I got 4gb ram..
Using aeon skin mq 4 and addons like artwork downloader, artwork organizer, metadata actors...
If I remember correctly, you built an AMD APU HTPC......

If you haven't doing anything with AMD APU shared memory, you can change this setting in the BIOS/UEFI. While booting up go into your BIOS/UEFI settings, and then navigate to Advanced -> North Bridge Configuration -> Shared Memory and set it to the max which should be 512MB.....

Here is what I think happened-
XBMC tries to take advantage of GPU DXVA2 wherever it can, and for that reason the iGPU performance of your system is very important. For your setup your don’t have a discrete (or dedicated) video card, and so the iGPU steals the memory from the RAM you installed......

If you continue to have problem, I'm suggesting to create a new thread and provide debug log.....developer might be able to help you on it...

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Skank - 2012-09-29

I disabled paging file too.. I dunno if that could help too before i make changes in bios..
Should i try using paging file first?
Although i think its strange it. Didnt happen before and now it does.. And only thing that changed is installing some addons..

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-09-29

(2012-09-29, 20:04)Skank Wrote: Although i think its strange it. Didnt happen before and now it does.. And only thing that changed is installing some addons..
You can simply try what I suggested.....