Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - dubiki - 2012-10-29

thank you all, for your support and time.

i'm asking for some help, as im new to xbmc.

I did all you wrote above and everything works, but mounting iso's over a network make something chomp up a lot of memory (win8 crashes)

I thought to find alternative to Virtual CloneDrive, first of all to try in-build win8 function.

How correct should be written this line
To Mount
powershell.exe "Mount-DiskImage -ImagePath <path>"

To unmount:
powershell.exe "Dismount-DiskImage -ImagePath <path>"

instead "C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1 in PlayISO.bat file.

Thank you in advance!

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - siamsquare - 2012-10-29

@ Bluray

I think I know what the problem is why I can't play 3D! The only way my 3D projector accepts the 3D signal is when I use the desktop version of TMT5 (uLaunchTMT5.exe) and set the 3D to manual Anaglyph 3D!
Is there a better solution for using TMT5 in XBMC or do I need to look at PowerDVD or likewise?
Maybe use TMT5 for 3D and everything else with XBMC...I ripped most of my Blurays to movie only bdmv!

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-10-29

(2012-10-29, 15:47)siamsquare Wrote: @ Bluray
Maybe use TMT5 for 3D and everything else with XBMC...I ripped most of my Blurays to movie only bdmv!
This should be a great choice for BDMV files.....

@dubiki,
I don't have Windows 8....let us know how it turn out....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - ovsims - 2012-10-30

First I would like to say the this program is awesome. My problem is that i'm trying to use TMT5 to play my BDMV files and using tmt remote for andriod to navigate the menus. It works using tmt5 and bd iso's launched from xbmc but the tmt remote doesn't work when I launch BDMV's from xbmc. I've clicked on the playbdmv file and loaded the movie from the folder and the remote works but when launched from xbmc it does not. Funny thing is I think that it worked yesterday but today it doesn't not 100% sure though. Does this work for anyone else? I've also tried the different launcher for tmt5 i.e the ulaunchtmt5, umceplayer5, and utotalmediaTheater5

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - dubiki - 2012-10-30

@bluray

First of all, this command line works in win8 "powershell.exe Mount-DiskImage -ImagePath <path>"

I tried different way to implement in PlayISO.bat, but still no results.

Can you explain me what the meaning of /d=0 and %1 in PlayISO.bat. I need a parameter to give correct path to powershell.exe Mount-DiskImage for testing.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-10-30

(2012-10-30, 11:00)dubiki Wrote: Can you explain me what the meaning of /d=0 and %1 in PlayISO.bat. I need a parameter to give correct path to powershell.exe Mount-DiskImage for testing.
VCD mounting sript.....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - ovsims - 2012-10-30

Anybody else have this problem or is it just me?
@bluray any words of wisdom?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-10-31

(2012-10-30, 23:25)ovsims Wrote: Anybody else have this problem or is it just me?
@bluray any words of wisdom?
Sorry, I don't have Android remote....I'm using MCE remote controller, and it works fine....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - ovsims - 2012-10-31

So I guess I have two options convert all of my BDMV folders to ISO or let XBMC play the BDMV folder.
Is there a quality difference in XBMC playing a bluray compared to TMT5?
when playing in XBMC how do i select the audio track to play, somethime I have to go into the bluray menu to select 7.1 and since XBMC doesn't play the menus i'm not sure how this works?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-10-31

(2012-10-31, 16:52)ovsims Wrote: So I guess I have two options convert all of my BDMV folders to ISO or let XBMC play the BDMV folder.
Is there a quality difference in XBMC playing a bluray compared to TMT5?
when playing in XBMC how do i select the audio track to play, somethime I have to go into the bluray menu to select 7.1 and since XBMC doesn't play the menus i'm not sure how this works?
With XBMC, you'll loose blu-ray menu but video is fine....while playing movie, you can click audio icon down on the bottom right corner of XBMC screen to get into audio setting screen as shown in my screen shot below......

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - ovsims - 2012-10-31

OK thanks

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - spaceghost2000 - 2012-10-31

Just wanted to give bluray a shout out for all the hard work he's done helping people get this working. I'm happy to report your instructions worked the first time I tried it (using iso's + TMT5)! It doesn't get any better than that, so thank you bluray!

I've yet to try 3D (Epson 5020 projector on order) but I've ripped a few movies to full iso and also tried to create a full 3D mkv to try. I'm able to launch TMT5 properly with a 3D.iso (playing in 2D of course). I'm not interested in retaining all the menus so I hope the full 3D mkv works. Now I just need that darn projector to get here!

(2012-10-31, 20:11)spaceghost2000 Wrote: Just wanted to give bluray a shout out for all the hard work he's done helping people get this working. I'm happy to report your instructions worked the first time I tried it (using iso's + TMT5)! It doesn't get any better than that, so thank you bluray!

I've yet to try 3D (Epson 5020 projector on order) but I've ripped a few movies to full iso and also tried to create a full 3D mkv to try. I'm able to launch TMT5 properly with a 3D.iso (playing in 2D of course). I'm not interested in retaining all the menus so I hope the full 3D mkv works. Now I just need that darn projector to get here!
I'm glad that everything work out well for you.....Nod

For TMT5 3d configurations, you can check out these links for tips on 3d- http://www.arcsoft.com/topics/media-player/how-to-play-3d.html and http://www.arcsoft.com/totalmedia-theatre/tutorial/how-to-set-viewing-environment.html

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - dubiki - 2012-11-01

I gave up with build in windows 8 iso mounter. first of all it doesn't support bluray-iso.

Finally, daemon tools works great!!! all you need instead
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
in PlayISO.bat file
type
DTLite.exe -mount scsi, 0, %1 (or DTAgent.exe)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Desisuperman - 2012-11-02

I've always had a DVD player in my HTPC and now i have added a blu ray player. When i insert a blu ray disc nothing happens. With my DVD player the "Play Disc" button appears and I'm able to play my DVD right from there.

How do I get XBMC to recognize my blu ray player? I read the first post but I'm unclear as to what steps I need to take and which ones will apply to me. I'm sure the info is somewhere in these 122 pages of posts but I'm having trouble pinpointing the right info. Just too much info here.

All suggestions and advice will be greatly appreciated. NOTE: I'm on Eden 11 and I have TMT5

thanks