Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-11-02

(2012-11-02, 00:34)Desisuperman Wrote: I've always had a DVD player in my HTPC and now i have added a blu ray player. When i insert a blu ray disc nothing happens. With my DVD player the "Play Disc" button appears and I'm able to play my DVD right from there.

How do I get XBMC to recognize my blu ray player? I read the first post but I'm unclear as to what steps I need to take and which ones will apply to me. I'm sure the info is somewhere in these 122 pages of posts but I'm having trouble pinpointing the right info. Just too much info here.
It is possible that your blu-ray movie is encrypted. You might want to give "AnyDVD HD" 14-day trial a try. Don't forget to reboot PC after you installed it....

(2012-11-02, 00:34)Desisuperman Wrote: All suggestions and advice will be greatly appreciated. NOTE: I'm on Eden 11 and I have TMT5

thanks
If you want TMT5 to playback blu-ray disc and XBMC to playback everything else, you can use the playercorefactory below-

playercorefactory.xml: need to replace "xxxx" with the correct computer login name

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule player="Disc_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayDisc.bat: need to replace E: with the correct BD-ROM drive

@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" E:

Note: you can places both playercorefactory and PlayDisc files in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Desisuperman - 2012-11-02

Bluray,

I just want to clarify... I install TMT5, and out of the 4 scripts you have listed in your original post which ones do install

Can you explain how to add those scripts?

If I try Anydvd Hd is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks Smile

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-11-02

(2012-11-02, 10:10)Desisuperman Wrote: Bluray,

I just want to clarify... I install TMT5, and out of the 4 scripts you have listed in your original post which ones do install

Can you explain how to add those scripts?

If I try Anydvd Hd is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks Smile
Follow the 1st three steps, and jump to "TMT5 and PowerDVD11 codes".....you don't need to do anything to AnyDVD HD, you just need to reboot your PC after you installed it and it'll do everything in the background by itself....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - wille - 2012-11-03

I have installed both total media and powerlink dvd and tried to play a .iso - both of the players crash without starting playing the movie. What could I be doing wrong?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-11-03

(2012-11-03, 21:01)wille Wrote: I have installed both total media and powerlink dvd and tried to play a .iso - both of the players crash without starting playing the movie. What could I be doing wrong?
Can you post your .xml and .bat files in here?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - wille - 2012-11-03

(2012-11-03, 21:26)bluray Wrote:
(2012-11-03, 21:01)wille Wrote: I have installed both total media and powerlink dvd and tried to play a .iso - both of the players crash without starting playing the movie. What could I be doing wrong?

Do you want me to post the files from xbmc or the mediaplayers?

from crashrpt.xml:
PHP Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
-<CrashInformation VERSION="1.0"><ID Value="C35E370C-B7A6-44E7-8BCB-345A4665FB4A"/><UUID Value="S-1-5-21-3894006154-2823843633-2370016179-1000"/><SR Value="DVD120702-07"/><ProductName Value="PowerDVD"/><AppName Value="PowerDVD12.exe"/><AppVersion Value="12.0.11962.2105"/><VersionName Value="12.0"/><VersionType Value="Ultra"/><Is64BitOS Value="1"/><OSName Value="Windows 7 Ultimate Build 7601"/><GDICount Value="179"/><VMSize Value="404 MB"/><VGAName Value="VNC Mirror Driver" DriverVersion="1.8.0.0"/><VGAName Value="ASUS EAH6670 Series" DriverVersion="8.840.0.0"/><ModName Value="KERNELBASE.dll"/><ModVersion Value="6.1.7601.17651"/><ExceptionCode Value="0xE06D7363"/><Offset Value="0x0000B9BC"/><SendLogUrl Value="http://boomerang.cyberlink.com/prog/util/boomerang/sendlog.jsp"/></CrashInformation> 

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-11-03

(2012-11-03, 22:13)wille Wrote:
(2012-11-03, 21:26)bluray Wrote:

It is not enough info to help you. What blu-ray file did you tried to playback using TMT5 and PDVD12? Did it crashed when you tried to playback blu-ray file using TMT5 and PDVD12 by itself? What is your HTPC?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - wille - 2012-11-04

(2012-11-03, 23:33)bluray Wrote:
(2012-11-03, 22:13)wille Wrote:
(2012-11-03, 21:26)bluray Wrote: Can you post your .xml and .bat files in here?

It is not enough info to help you. What blu-ray file did you tried to playback using TMT5 and PDVD12? Did it crashed when you tried to playback blu-ray file using TMT5 and PDVD12 by itself? What is your HTPC?
I have a AMD Phenom II x2 560 - 3,30 Ghz, 8 gb RAM win 7 ultimateSP 1 and ASUS Radeon HD 6670. My screen is a Panasonic Viera TX-P50VT50Y
Yes, I thought I should be sure on that my computer is capable of playing CAPTAIN_AMERICA_BD_3D.ISO before starting to involve xbmc. So I mounted the file and tried to play it with PDVD12. After a reinstall of the program Im now capable of playing the movie for a while before it crashes, in normal view - not 3d.

I tried also to play the same file through xbmc, after that I went through your guide . and the movie plays well. But without any menys or what so ever. How is it possible to check which player its using for the playback?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-11-04

(2012-11-04, 00:05)wille Wrote: I have a AMD Phenom II x2 560 - 3,30 Ghz, 8 gb RAM win 7 ultimateSP 1 and ASUS Radeon HD 6670. My screen is a Panasonic Viera TX-P50VT50Y
Yes, I thought I should be sure on that my computer is capable of playing CAPTAIN_AMERICA_BD_3D.ISO before starting to involve xbmc. So I mounted the file and tried to play it with PDVD12. After a reinstall of the program Im now capable of playing the movie for a while before it crashes, in normal view - not 3d.

I tried also to play the same file through xbmc, after that I went through your guide . and the movie plays well. But without any menys or what so ever. How is it possible to check which player its using for the playback?
If you are happy with PDVD12 playback quality, you can set it up for XBMC external player to enjoy blu-ray orignal menus. You can download the .xml and .bat files from the first page and replace TMT5 with PDVD12......

You might want to update the latest AMD driver from here- AMD Driver Autodetect . You can select hardware acceleration to fully utilize your powerful GPU. If it continue to crash after playback blu-ray 3d for a while, you might want to verify the temp. It might be overheating......

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - siamsquare - 2012-11-04

Yo,

Still having problems with playing 3D movies...when I select a 3DBD in XBMC, TMT5 starts up but then quits back to XBMC...it does that several times before it eventually works and starts the movie, sometimes TMT5 crashes in the middle of the movie and I need to restart! What could be the cause of that?

thanks

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-11-04

(2012-11-04, 19:04)siamsquare Wrote: Yo,

Still having problems with playing 3D movies...when I select a 3DBD in XBMC, TMT5 starts up but then quits back to XBMC...it does that several times before it eventually works and starts the movie, sometimes TMT5 crashes in the middle of the movie and I need to restart! What could be the cause of that?

thanks
I cannot remember your playercorefactory. For 3d using TMT5, the codes below should work.....(you need to replace "xxxx" with the correct login user from your HTPC)

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">

<rule filetypes="iso" filename=".*3dbd." player="ISO_Player"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayISO.bat:
@echo off
"C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe.exe" J:

You need to replace J: with the available VCD drive, and you can set TMT5 to launch in fullscreen. Since you are sharing Apps (XBMC+TMT5), you need to Enable "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC system/system/video output.

For more info on TMT5 3d configurations, you can check out these links for tips on 3d- http://www.arcsoft.com/topics/media-player/how-to-play-3d.html and http://www.arcsoft.com/totalmedia-theatre/tutorial/how-to-set-viewing-environment.html.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - wille - 2012-11-05

(2012-11-04, 02:37)bluray Wrote:
(2012-11-04, 00:05)wille Wrote: I have a AMD Phenom II x2 560 - 3,30 Ghz, 8 gb RAM win 7 ultimateSP 1 and ASUS Radeon HD 6670. My screen is a Panasonic Viera TX-P50VT50Y

If you are happy with PDVD12 playback quality, you can set it up for XBMC external player to enjoy blu-ray orignal menus. You can download the .xml and .bat files from the first page and replace TMT5 with PDVD12......

You might want to update the latest AMD driver from here- AMD Driver Autodetect . You can select hardware acceleration to fully utilize your powerful GPU. If it continue to crash after playback blu-ray 3d for a while, you might want to verify the temp. It might be overheating......

I have done what you told me, the graphics are updated, and it worked fine to playback the movie in PDVD12. And I tried to apply playercorefactory and PlayISO.bat. But xbmc wont start playing the file using pdvd12. Instead it uses the standard player, and when I try to right click on the file and choose PDVD12 in the "play using.." meny its not even there.

Hmm do you need me to post my PlayISO.bat and playercorefactory for helping me?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-11-05

(2012-11-05, 23:05)wille Wrote: Hmm do you need me to post my PlayISO.bat and playercorefactory for helping me?
Please do....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - wille - 2012-11-06

(2012-11-05, 23:20)bluray Wrote:
(2012-11-05, 23:05)wille Wrote: Hmm do you need me to post my PlayISO.bat and playercorefactory for helping me?
Please do....

Here you go:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
<filename>C:\Users\King\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</player>
<player name="BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
<filename>C:\Users\King\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
</player>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
<filename>C:\Users\King\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PowerDVD12.exe</filename>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filename=".*iso.*" player="ISO_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filename=".*bdmv.*" player="BDMV_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray MKV -->
<rule filename=".*mkv.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray M2TS -->
<rule filename=".*m2ts.*" player="Universal_Player"/>

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule protocols="bd" player="Disc_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

and

@echo off
rem you can place your PlayISO file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
rem you need to put the correct VCDMount drive letter in the command below

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PowerDVD12.exe" K:

And this is the file:
C*pt*in.*meric*.The.First.*venger.3D.M-LTi.COMPLETE.BluR*y-

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-11-06

@wille,

Since you are trying to get ISO playback using PDVD12, let simplify the codes a little bit.....you can try the codes below instead....

Playercorefactory.xml:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\King\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">