Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - unrealkiller - 2012-11-15

@bluray

I will try it tonight wen i come home

i report back as soon as i can

Thanks

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - corpgator - 2012-11-15

I'm not sure you can help me, but first off, frodo alphas don't correctly send information about mpls files or bdmv files. This is what gets sent:

NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32: "C:\Users\Home Theatre\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat" "bluray://D%3a%5cMovies%5cIndiana%20Jones%20Trilogy%5cRaiders%20of%20the%20Lost%20Ark%20(1981)%5cIndiana_Jones_Lost_Ark%5c/BDMV/PLAYLIST/00800.mpls"

I don't have anything mapped, so it should be launching it as D:\Movies\Indiana Jones Trilogy\Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)\BDMV\PLAYLIST\00800.mpls Once it gets to mpc-hc, it of course tells me there's no such file. I've asked for help in support and got none and I submitted a bug report, and it hasn't been picked up yet. If it's not a bug and my playercorefactory is wrong, then I'd greatly appreciate the help.

I decided to use yours and see where I could get since I really want the iso mounting capability. I use WinCDEmu though for mounting because it's more versatile. I also use mpc-hc to play everything.

Here's my playercore

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Home Theatre\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>

</player>
<player name="BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Home Theatre\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Home Theatre\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\MPC-HC\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filenames="iso" filetypes="iso" player="ISO_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filenames="bdmv" filetypes="bdmv" player="BDMV_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray M2TS -->
<rule filenames="m2ts" filetypes="m2ts" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray MKV -->
<rule filenames="mkv" filetypes="mkv" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray AVI -->
<rule filenames="avi" filetypes="avi" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray TS -->
<rule filenames="ts" filetypes="ts" player="Universal_Player"/>

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule player="Disc_Player"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Here's iso.bat, which I can't get to work yet. Command line for wincdemu is vmnt.exe <image path> If I let xbmc handle the iso on its own, it sends the wrong stream to mpc-hc. Mpc-hc just reports File Not Found when I use iso.bat

Thanks for the help.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-11-15

(2012-11-15, 05:46)corpgator Wrote: Here's iso.bat, which I can't get to work yet. Command line for wincdemu is vmnt.exe <image path> If I let xbmc handle the iso on its own, it sends the wrong stream to mpc-hc. Mpc-hc just reports File Not Found when I use iso.bat

Thanks for the help.
Where is PlayISO.bat? As far as I know, everyone is having issue with Frodo when they tried to use it with external player. Eden 11.0 is fine....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - unrealkiller - 2012-11-15

@bluray

I tried your suggestion to enable the setting the pop up is the same external player active click ok to finish

but stil TMT 5 dont start at all

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - corpgator - 2012-11-16

(2012-11-15, 18:12)bluray Wrote:
(2012-11-15, 05:46)corpgator Wrote: Here's iso.bat, which I can't get to work yet. Command line for wincdemu is vmnt.exe <image path> If I let xbmc handle the iso on its own, it sends the wrong stream to mpc-hc. Mpc-hc just reports File Not Found when I use iso.bat

Thanks for the help.
Where is PlayISO.bat? As far as I know, everyone is having issue with Frodo when they tried to use it with external player. Eden 11.0 is fine....

It's in the same place as playercorefactory. If everyone is having the problem, then it's the same issue with Frodo sending bad strings to the external when trying to play it. That's what it looks like in the log anyway: all slashes, \ /, are replaced by random numbers and % signs. Hopefully they fix it soon because Frodo is pretty useless for Bluray movies with an external player right now.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - memphisto007 - 2012-11-16

Hi bluray,
I also have a problem with playing bluray through XBMC + TMT v.5.3.1.172 - TMT remains in the background and I must to exit XBMC. I tried several playercorefactory but without success.
Here si my playercorefactory.xml :

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\HTADM\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
<filename>C:\Users\HTADM\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\HTADM\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe"</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filenames="iso" filetypes="iso" player="ISO_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filenames="bdmv" filetypes="bdmv" player="BDMV_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray M2TS -->
<rule filenames="m2ts" filetypes="m2ts" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray TS -->
<rule filenames="ts" filetypes="ts" player="Universal_Player"/>

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule filenames="BD" name="E:\\.*" filetypes="bdmv" player="Disc_Player"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Thanks for your help.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-11-16

(2012-11-15, 23:52)unrealkiller Wrote: @bluray
I tried your suggestion to enable the setting the pop up is the same external player active click ok to finish

but stil TMT 5 dont start at all
Usually when you Check "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC system/settings/system/video output, the external player active error disappear. Can you make sure that TMT5 is not running in Windows Task Manager/Processes before you startup XBMC?

Since you only needs external player to playback BDMV, you can use the simple codes below-

<playercorefactory>
<players>

<filename>C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">

<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filetypes="bdmv" player="BDMV_Player"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

(2012-11-16, 01:41)memphisto007 Wrote: Hi bluray,
I also have a problem with playing bluray through XBMC + TMT v.5.3.1.172 - TMT remains in the background and I must to exit XBMC. I tried several playercorefactory but without success.
What file are you trying to playback using TMT5? Make sure to Check "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC system/settings/system/video output......

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - corpgator - 2012-11-16

They got to my bug today, so blu-ray in folder structure should play correctly in external with next nightly. I think they might have fixed iso's as well. That is for Frodo of course.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-11-16

(2012-11-16, 03:31)corpgator Wrote: They got to my bug today, so blu-ray in folder structure should play correctly in external with next nightly. I think they might have fixed iso's as well. That is for Frodo of course.
Most files works fine with Frodo, but BDMV and disc folder still have problem....I'm still sticking to the most stable Eden...

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - memphisto007 - 2012-11-16

What file are you trying to playback using TMT5? Make sure to Check "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC system/settings/system/video output......

[/quote]

I tried Bluray BDMV/ISO files everything playing fine but it backround and im using "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" . Any ideas?

(2012-11-16, 09:43)memphisto007 Wrote:

I tried Bluray BDMV/ISO files everything playing fine but it backround and im using "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" . Any ideas?
I'm not quite sure what you mean by background. If you have not set TMT5 to launch "auto fullscreen" in TMT5 setting/playback, you need to set it to "auto fullscreen"...

(2012-11-16, 04:37)bluray Wrote:
(2012-11-16, 03:31)corpgator Wrote: They got to my bug today, so blu-ray in folder structure should play correctly in external with next nightly. I think they might have fixed iso's as well. That is for Frodo of course.
Most files works fine with Frodo, but BDMV and disc folder still have problem....I'm still sticking to the most stable Eden...

Blu-rays in folder structure are now working fine in the latest nightly. The only thing not working are blu-rays in iso's. They will be fixed later they said. So if you have to have blu-ray isos, stick with Eden. But playing dbmv and mpls from a blu-ray folder not on an iso works.

(2012-11-16, 17:10)bluray Wrote:
(2012-11-16, 09:43)memphisto007 Wrote:

I'm not quite sure what you mean by background. If you have not set TMT5 to launch "auto fullscreen" in TMT5 setting/playback, you need to set it to "auto fullscreen"...

I have this setting. TMT starts in fullscreen, but XBMC is not hiding. I hear sound but XBMC remains on the screen.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-11-17

(2012-11-16, 23:59)memphisto007 Wrote: I have this setting. TMT starts in fullscreen, but XBMC is not hiding. I hear sound but XBMC remains on the screen.
You need to replace this line "<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>" with this line "<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>"......

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - memphisto007 - 2012-11-19

Thanks, it works as it should. Cool.