Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-11-24

(2012-11-24, 17:18)cekkk Wrote: Hi!
How can I make that I put a DVD disc or BD disc in the optical drive than the external player works?
What do I write xml and .bat?

Thanks
You can use the rules below-

<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filetypes="iso" player="ISO_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filetypes="bdmv" player="BDMV_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray M2TS -->
<rule filetypes="m2ts" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray MKV -->
<rule filetypes="mkv" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray AVI -->
<rule filetypes="avi" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray TS -->
<rule filetypes="ts" player="Universal_Player"/>

<!-- BD-ROM -->
<rule filename=".*." player="Disc_Player"/>

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - cekkk - 2012-11-24

(2012-11-24, 18:04)bluray Wrote:
(2012-11-24, 17:18)cekkk Wrote: Hi!
How can I make that I put a DVD disc or BD disc in the optical drive than the external player works?
What do I write xml and .bat?

Thanks
You can use the rules below-

<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filetypes="iso" player="ISO_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filetypes="bdmv" player="BDMV_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray M2TS -->
<rule filetypes="m2ts" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray MKV -->
<rule filetypes="mkv" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray AVI -->
<rule filetypes="avi" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray TS -->
<rule filetypes="ts" player="Universal_Player"/>

<!-- BD-ROM -->
<rule filename=".*." player="Disc_Player"/>

Thanks!
But My playdisk.bat:
@echo off
rem you can place your PlayDisc file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" E:

E= virtual clone drive.
My name of BD ROM "D"
It does not matter or I make a new playdisc2.bat

What it looks :
@echo off

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" D:

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - corpgator - 2012-11-24

Blu-ray folders work fine internally in Frodo, that was never a problem. I submitted a bug because they didn't work with external players in the nightlies. It didn't get added in time for the first Beta.

The very first nightly after the beta has the bug fix, though. You'll still have to pick which stream, but it will send it fine now. Blu-ray ISO still does not work. If you're using mpc-hc, just send bdmv and mpc will do the rest on picking the right streams.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - KILLERNADS - 2012-11-24

Hi bluray,

Thanks alot for this, has been exactly what i was looking for! Though i did have to play around with the settings for a few hours before getting them perfectly how i wanted and also reading through alot of the pages in this forum. However, ive got the basic setup all working fine now for my blurays and 3d films!

However, i still have two important questions!

My Setup: Frodo Beta, Aeon Nox, Windows 7, External Player: TMT5 - on a dedicated HTPC custom built machine from Assassin's HTPC.

When playing a 3D bluray in xbmc, it opens it in the external player, however while watching the movie the sound is most of the time not in sync with the picture - usually the sound is behind!
Im not sure if this is a settings problem, a player problem, a disk drive problem or maybe even a htpc problem?
In settings, im using the correct renderer, ive got full screen option enabled. Also in the xml file ive said to hide xbmc = true. However non of this has made a difference! Any idea?

Is there a way that when i press stop button in TMT5 that it should go back to my xbmc screen? At the moment it just goes to another default TMT5 screen and i have to click on exit player or the top right cross to close and go back to xbmc display!

Thanks a lot.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-11-24

(2012-11-24, 18:12)cekkk Wrote: What it looks :
@echo off

Yes, you do have to correct the bluray drive letter after you downloaded playdisc.bat file and you have to correct login user name in playercorefactory according to your HTPC too....

The files I made are generic files, because every HTPC is slightly different......

(2012-11-24, 18:27)KILLERNADS Wrote: 1.
When playing a 3D bluray in xbmc, it opens it in the external player, however while watching the movie the sound is most of the time not in sync with the picture - usually the sound is behind!
Im not sure if this is a settings problem, a player problem, a disk drive problem or maybe even a htpc problem?
In settings, im using the correct renderer, ive got full screen option enabled. Also in the xml file ive said to hide xbmc = true. However non of this has made a difference! Any idea?

You can play around with TMT5 AV Center and make sure that Hardware Acceleration is enabled. You can try external player codes below-
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>

(2012-11-24, 18:27)KILLERNADS Wrote: 2.
Is there a way that when i press stop button in TMT5 that it should go back to my xbmc screen? At the moment it just goes to another default TMT5 screen and i have to click on exit player or the top right cross to close and go back to xbmc display!

Thanks a lot.
I press stop button and back button on my MCE remote to return to XBMC.....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - KILLERNADS - 2012-11-24

bluray you genius!

Hardware Acceleration fixed my lip syncing issues in the 3d bluray! I was already using hidexbmc=true.

Also for second issue, on my MCE remote - i clicked stop and then tried back button (back arrow next to the direction keys) that didn't work - however i found that pressing the big START button made me go back to xvmc. Otherwise i could also close the TMT5 player instantly by pressing the close button on the bottom right of the remote to instantly take me back to xvmc!

Excellent stuff man, thanks alot for your contribution and help. Its greatly appreciated!

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - mediamad - 2012-11-24

Can anyone tell me if this will work with PotPlayer? Just running the batch files for bdmv I can't get any menus.

(2012-11-24, 20:07)KILLERNADS Wrote: bluray you genius!

Hardware Acceleration fixed my lip syncing issues in the 3d bluray! I was already using hidexbmc=true.
I'm glad that you got it to work.....Nod

(2012-11-24, 20:07)KILLERNADS Wrote: Also for second issue, on my MCE remote - i clicked stop and then tried back button (back arrow next to the direction keys) that didn't work - however i found that pressing the big START button made me go back to xvmc. Otherwise i could also close the TMT5 player instantly by pressing the close button on the bottom right of the remote to instantly take me back to xvmc!

Excellent stuff man, thanks alot for your contribution and help. Its greatly appreciated!
Every HTPC is slightly different, and I'm glad that you got the START button to work....Nod

(2012-11-24, 20:33)mediamad Wrote: Can anyone tell me if this will work with PotPlayer? Just running the batch files for bdmv I can't get any menus.
It should work with any media player. You just have to modify the exernal player code to support it. If you post, your .xml and .bat files in here, we might be able to help you get it to work....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - mediamad - 2012-11-25

Hmm, I think it won't work. I tried to open index.bdmv directly from PotPlayer and it doesn't recognize the file.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-11-25

(2012-11-25, 01:20)mediamad Wrote: Hmm, I think it won't work. I tried to open index.bdmv directly from PotPlayer and it doesn't recognize the file.
If it doesn't support BDMV, there is nothing I can help you with on external player codes then.....you can give the most popular "MPC-HC" a try.....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - TolkienBard - 2012-11-25

Is there any way to use external player with only specific types of playback? I'm thinking specifically in terms of launching PowerDVD 10 for playing blu-ray. I would like to still be able to use the internal player for normal DVDs.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - mediamad - 2012-11-25

(2012-11-25, 02:17)bluray Wrote: If it doesn't support BDMV, there is nothing I can help you with on external player codes then.....you can give the most popular "MPC-HC" a try.....
So MPC-HC supports bd menus? I can't get it to display any.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - cekkk - 2012-11-25

(2012-11-24, 18:56)bluray Wrote:
(2012-11-24, 18:12)cekkk Wrote: What it looks :
@echo off

Yes, you do have to correct the bluray drive letter after you downloaded playdisc.bat file and you have to correct login user name in playercorefactory according to your HTPC too....

The files I made are generic files, because every HTPC is slightly different......
Fine! It's work. Thanks! Big Grin
But I use Internet radio plugin, and The external player start when i start a radio station since I use this setting. Do you have some idea?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - ralphpls - 2012-11-25

(2012-11-24, 17:50)bluray Wrote:
(2012-11-24, 15:09)ralphpls Wrote: Is it possible to make script that changes "true fullscreen" -> "fullscreen window" setting when I'm using Bluray Disc ? Do I need XBCM reboot when settings are changed ?
True fullscreen is for a single app. You can simply configure TMT5 to launch in fullscreen in TMT5 settings/playback.

But the thing is that:

If "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" is OFF I'm not able to use TMT5. If "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" is ON, TMT5 works fine but I will have massive lag playing with internal player if XMBC tries to adjust tv's refresh rate to match video. So if I want to use internal player (with display refresh rate changing) and TMT5 for bluray discs I think that I have to have some script that changes "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" to ON when playing bluray disc. Normally "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" should be off so I can use internal player proprely with .avi/.mkv etc.

So I just wonder if this is possible...