Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - orby - 2012-11-25

(2012-11-24, 07:58)Ghostdivision Wrote:
(2012-11-21, 11:29)jespermart Wrote:
(2012-11-21, 09:16)Ghostdivision Wrote: Is anyone able to launch a bdmv folder with frodo beta 1?

It was not working in the nightlies and nor now in beta 1, it launches the external player (tmt) for bdmv folders, but does not load them, it just launches the player....

Has anyone reported this error? If not I will do it.

I tried last night with Frodo beta 1 and it's not working for me either, so i don't know what the person who is supposed to have it working with Frodo beta 1, have done

Who supposedly has this working?

i am not sure which frodo nightly i am using but i got this working with TMT5 by changing one line in the bdmv.bat to set pth=%pth:BDMV\MovieObject.bdmv=% instead of set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - siamsquare - 2012-11-25

Any1 else having issues when ripping 3dbd.iso using movie only-mode in DVDfab? Movies don't play,all I get after starting is a black screen in TMT5!
plz help!

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-11-25

(2012-11-25, 05:24)TolkienBard Wrote: Is there any way to use external player with only specific types of playback? I'm thinking specifically in terms of launching PowerDVD 10 for playing blu-ray. I would like to still be able to use the internal player for normal DVDs.
Yes, that is the whole purpose of using external player. It allows us to use XBMC as front end and any external player of our choice as backend. We mixes and matches anyway we want it. Another word; you can have PDVD10 playback blu-ray, XBMC playback DVD, TMT5 playback ISO, etc.........

(2012-11-25, 06:04)mediamad Wrote:
(2012-11-25, 02:17)bluray Wrote: If it doesn't support BDMV, there is nothing I can help you with on external player codes then.....you can give the most popular "MPC-HC" a try.....
So MPC-HC supports bd menus? I can't get it to display any.
Unfortunately, you have to use TMT5, PDVD11/12, WinDVD11, DVDFab, etc to enjoy blu-ray menus.....

(2012-11-25, 09:43)cekkk Wrote:
(2012-11-24, 18:56)bluray Wrote:
(2012-11-24, 18:12)cekkk Wrote: What it looks :
@echo off
rem you can place your PlayDisc file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" D:
Yes, you do have to correct the bluray drive letter after you downloaded playdisc.bat file and you have to correct login user name in playercorefactory according to your HTPC too....

The files I made are generic files, because every HTPC is slightly different......
Fine! It's work. Thanks! Big Grin
But I use Internet radio plugin, and The external player start when i start a radio station since I use this setting. Do you have some idea?
Can you post your playercorefactory codes in here again? What file type is the radio plugin?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-11-25

(2012-11-25, 14:00)ralphpls Wrote:
(2012-11-24, 17:50)bluray Wrote:
(2012-11-24, 15:09)ralphpls Wrote: Is it possible to make script that changes "true fullscreen" -> "fullscreen window" setting when I'm using Bluray Disc ? Do I need XBCM reboot when settings are changed ?
True fullscreen is for a single app. You can simply configure TMT5 to launch in fullscreen in TMT5 settings/playback.

But the thing is that:

If "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" is OFF I'm not able to use TMT5. If "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" is ON, TMT5 works fine but I will have massive lag playing with internal player if XMBC tries to adjust tv's refresh rate to match video. So if I want to use internal player (with display refresh rate changing) and TMT5 for bluray discs I think that I have to have some script that changes "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" to ON when playing bluray disc. Normally "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" should be off so I can use internal player proprely with .avi/.mkv etc.

So I just wonder if this is possible...
TMT5+XBMC is considered multiple apps, and you have to Enable "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen". I found that hiding XBMC with this "<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>" prevent some lag/stutter with a less than powerful HTPC. You need to make sure that Hardware Acceleration is activated in TMT5 too. You can try the "Max Performance" in TMT5 Power Manager and "Balanced" power option in Windows control panel too. Having all these configurations set properly will insure smooth playback.....

Make sure that your GPU driver is up to date too.....

(2012-11-25, 14:15)orby Wrote: i am not sure which frodo nightly i am using but i got this working with TMT5 by changing one line in the bdmv.bat to set pth=%pth:BDMV\MovieObject.bdmv=% instead of set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%
You can verify in XBMC system/system info to see what XBMC version you have in your HTPC......

Eden 11.0 works with both Index/MovieObjec, and you can do as below if you prefer both-

@echo off
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\MovieObject.bdmv=%
set pth=%pth:BDMV\Index.bdmv=%
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" %pth% exit

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - cekkk - 2012-11-25

(2012-11-25, 19:03)bluray Wrote: Can you post your playercorefactory codes in here again? What file type is the radio plugin?
Code:
<playercorefactory>
    <players>
        <player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
            <filename>c:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
            <args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>
            <forceontop>false</forceontop>
            <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
            <hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
        </player>
                <player name="BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
            <filename>c:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
        </player>
        <player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
            <filename>c:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
                </player>
    <player name="Disc_Player2" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
            <filename>c:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc2.bat</filename>
                </player>            

<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
            <filename>C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe</filename>
            <hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
        </player>

<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
            <filename>c:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
        </player>

</players>
    <rules action="prepend">
  <rule filename=".*mkv.*" player="MPC-HC"/>
        <!-- Bluray ISO -->
        <rule filename=".*iso.*" player="ISO_Player"/>
        <rule filename=".*ISO.*" player="ISO_Player"/>
                <!-- Bluray BDMV -->
        <rule filename=".*bdmv.*" player="BDMV_Player"/>

<!-- Bluray M2TS -->
                <rule filename=".*m2ts.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
                 <rule filetypes="bdmv" filename="*.bdmv" player="BDMV_Player" />
                <rule filetypes="bdmv" filename="*.m2ts" player="BDMV_Player" />

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
        <rule protocols="bd" player="Disc_Player"/>
    <rule filename=".*." player="Disc_Player2"/>
       </rules>
</playercorefactory>

Playdisc2.bat:
Code:
@echo off

"c:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" D:

I use the "radio" and "listenlive.eu" plugins. Undecided

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - amfark - 2012-11-25

Hello

The problem with the win xp start XBMC will exit.

LOG: http://pastebin.com/jjWm2Gpy

Thank you

(2012-11-25, 20:36)cekkk Wrote:
(2012-11-25, 19:03)bluray Wrote: Can you post your playercorefactory codes in here again? What file type is the radio plugin?
Code:
<playercorefactory>
    <players>
        </player>
        </player>
                </player>
                </player>            

<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
            <filename>C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe</filename>
        </player>

</player>

</players>
    <rules action="prepend">
        <!-- Bluray ISO -->
                <!-- Bluray BDMV -->

<!-- Bluray M2TS -->

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
       </rules>
</playercorefactory>

Playdisc2.bat:
Code:
@echo off

Your rules are too messy. You can simplify the rules as shown below, and it should not playback any file using external player other than what is specified in the rules below....

<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filetypes="iso" player="ISO_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filetypes="bdmv" player="BDMV_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray M2TS -->
<rule filetypes="m2ts" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray MKV -->
<rule filetypes="mkv" player="MPC-HC"/>

<!-- BD-ROM -->
<rule filetypes="bd|ifo" player="Disc_Player"/>

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - mediamad - 2012-11-25

(2012-11-25, 02:17)bluray Wrote: Unfortunately, you have to use TMT5, PDVD11/12, WinDVD11, DVDFab, etc to enjoy blu-ray menus.....

I've now tried/setup TMT5, PDVD12, WinDVD11, PotPlayer & MPC-HC. Very interesting to see how they all work each with their own quirks, load times, setup difficulty, etc. I will post general thoughts comparisons when I get a moment as for someone whose never gone down this road the differences (like with menu support) are not obvious from the outset.

On a related note, when using TMT5 through xbmc it seamlessly starts & then returns to xbmc when closed. PDVD however gives you a "Press OK to return to application message box" in the process. Does anyone know why this is or how to overcome?

(2012-11-25, 23:32)mediamad Wrote:
(2012-11-25, 02:17)bluray Wrote: Unfortunately, you have to use TMT5, PDVD11/12, WinDVD11, DVDFab, etc to enjoy blu-ray menus.....

I've now tried/setup TMT5, PDVD12, WinDVD11, PotPlayer & MPC-HC. Very interesting to see how they all work each with their own quirks, load times, setup difficulty, etc. I will post general thoughts comparisons when I get a moment as for someone whose never gone down this road the differences (like with menu support) are not obvious from the outset.

On a related note, when using TMT5 through xbmc it seamlessly starts & then returns to xbmc when closed. PDVD however gives you a "Press OK to return to application message box" in the process. Does anyone know why this is or how to overcome?
Since you want blu-ray menus, PotPlayer and MPC-HC should be eliminated from your test. Since you want to playback BDMV file, PDVD12 should be eliminated too.....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - mediamad - 2012-11-26

PDVD12 opens bdmv just fine.

So no idea why PDVD12 gives "Press OK to return to application message box" and TMT5 doesn't or how to workaround?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-11-26

(2012-11-26, 08:53)mediamad Wrote: PDVD12 opens bdmv just fine.
What playercorefactory rules and playdisc codes did you use to playback BDMV using PDVD12? I tried the trial version of PDVD12 a couple months ago, and it didn't work for BDMV......maybe CyberLink heard my complain, and they fixed it.....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - cekkk - 2012-11-27

(2012-11-25, 21:21)bluray Wrote:
(2012-11-25, 20:36)cekkk Wrote:
Code:
<playercorefactory>
    <players>
        </player>
        </player>
                </player>
                </player>            

</player>

</player>

</players>
    <rules action="prepend">
        <!-- Bluray ISO -->
                <!-- Bluray BDMV -->

<!-- Bluray M2TS -->

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
       </rules>
</playercorefactory>

Playdisc2.bat:
Code:
@echo off

Your rules are too messy. You can simplify the rules as shown below, and it should not playback any file using external player other than what is specified in the rules below....

<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<!-- Bluray M2TS -->
<!-- Bluray MKV -->

<!-- BD-ROM -->
It is work, thanks !
But I still have o big problem.
If I set the refresh freqventy in the windows 50/60HZ and I start the xbmc and i try to play one movie wiht external player (TMT5), TMT do not change the the refresh freqventy. But, I start the TMT5 in the windows, It is change the frequenty. In the stetup of TMT5 is select the automatic frequenty change. What is the wrong? Can You help me?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - jxm9921 - 2012-11-27

Why tmt5 cannot open the blu-ray folder as an external player, when i use the same sets and xml file with frodo beta1?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-11-27

(2012-11-27, 09:10)cekkk Wrote:
(2012-11-25, 21:21)bluray Wrote: Your rules are too messy. You can simplify the rules as shown below, and it should not playback any file using external player other than what is specified in the rules below....

<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<!-- Bluray M2TS -->
<!-- Bluray MKV -->

<!-- BD-ROM -->
It is work, thanks !
But I still have o big problem.
If I set the refresh freqventy in the windows 50/60HZ and I start the xbmc and i try to play one movie wiht external player (TMT5), TMT do not change the the refresh freqventy. But, I start the TMT5 in the windows, It is change the frequenty. In the stetup of TMT5 is select the automatic frequenty change. What is the wrong? Can You help me?
You can try to enable "adjust display refresh rate to match video" in XBMC System\Settings\Video\Playback.....

(2012-11-27, 09:33)jxm9921 Wrote: Why tmt5 cannot open the blu-ray folder as an external player, when i use the same sets and xml file with frodo beta1?
It might be issue with Frodo.....but you can try the BDMV code below-

@echo off
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\MovieObject.bdmv=%
set pth=%pth:BDMV\Index.bdmv=%
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" %pth% exit