Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

- bluray - 2012-01-09

robl45 Wrote:yes, its exactly the same, i can work around the fullscreen thing, not the biggest deal, I can try to put the the full path right in the playercore and see if that makes a difference, but what about the glitches and dropped frames that are happening when opening mpc-hc through xbmc? should I start a separate thread for that if this isn't the right place to ask?
If it is set as this (<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false"> ), XBMC shoudn't have anything to do with how MPC-HC playback. You only use XBMC for library, and it should playback as you would use MPC-HC by itself. I'm thinking that your HTPC might not be up to task with both MPC-HC and XBMC is running at the same time. You might want to select "High Performance" in Windows 7 Control Panel power option.

- A Murder of Crows - 2012-01-09

Hey all, great thread!

So, this seems to be the place to go for all this, and i'm a complete newb at this so bare with me.

I want to find a way to play both Blu-Ray and HD-DVD discs using XBMC as a front end. I have installed anydvdHD and can play files off HD-DVDs natively in XBMC, though ultimately i'd like some automation to all this so that if i put the disc in, XBMC recognizes it somehow and can start playing it.

I don't really care how they play as long as it's a smooth transition between XBMC and whatever external player we end up using, and back again then, and that i get all possible audio options.

can these methods be used to play back hd-dvds?

- bluray - 2012-01-09

A Murder of Crows Wrote:Hey all, great thread!

So, this seems to be the place to go for all this, and i'm a complete newb at this so bare with me.

I want to find a way to play both Blu-Ray and HD-DVD discs using XBMC as a front end. I have installed anydvdHD and can play files off HD-DVDs natively in XBMC, though ultimately i'd like some automation to all this so that if i put the disc in, XBMC recognizes it somehow and can start playing it.

I don't really care how they play as long as it's a smooth transition between XBMC and whatever external player we end up using, and back again then, and that i get all possible audio options.

can these methods be used to play back hd-dvds?
I don't have HDVD-ROM to try it for you. If your HDVD-ROM can playback with standalone MPC-HC, TMT5 or PDVD11 player, you should be able to use it as XBMC external player. You'll have the smooth playback of the external player and a very nice UI of XBMC. All the instruction is in post #1.

- A Murder of Crows - 2012-01-09

bluray Wrote:I don't have HDVD-ROM to try it for you. If your HDVD-ROM can playback with standalone MPC-HC, TMT5 or PDVD11 player, you should be able to use it as XBMC external player. You'll have the smooth playback of the external player and a very nice UI of XBMC. All the instruction is in post #1.

playback so far is too fast in TMT5, though i'm told TMT3 might work fine. I'm uninstalling my codec pack to see if it helps

- robl45 - 2012-01-09

bluray Wrote:If it is set as this (<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false"> ), XBMC shoudn't have anything to do with how MPC-HC playback. You only use XBMC for library, and it should playback as you would use MPC-HC by itself. I'm thinking that your HTPC might not be up to task with both MPC-HC and XBMC is running at the same time. You might want to select "High Performance" in Windows 7 Control Panel power option.

well everything works off the gpu, so i don't think that should really affect it. normally mpc-hc is using like 20% of the cpu so it doesn't seem like its an issue of cpu overload. i can try to turn off aero and see if that fixes it although madvr already disables it but maybe there is some weird interaction.

- bluray - 2012-01-09

robl45 Wrote:well everything works off the gpu, so i don't think that should really affect it. normally mpc-hc is using like 20% of the cpu so it doesn't seem like its an issue of cpu overload. i can try to turn off aero and see if that fixes it although madvr already disables it but maybe there is some weird interaction.
Since you are having problem when playback MPC-HC plus XBMC and MPC-HC is fine by itself, you should try the "high performance" power option. If it doesn't make any different, you can always switch it back to "balance" power option. Make sure that GPU driver is up to date!

- bluray - 2012-01-09

A Murder of Crows Wrote:playback so far is too fast in TMT5, though i'm told TMT3 might work fine. I'm uninstalling my codec pack to see if it helps
There must be something else that is causing it then. TMT5 work fine in all three of my HTPC's and 3 other laptops.

- bluray - 2012-01-09

Atlas100 Wrote:Hi bluray,

i did this - and i really only use the playbdmv.bat alongside the changes playercorefactory.
But I do have the stated problems - did you try these configs on your machine with powerdvd 11 ?
I know that pdvd needs other statements than TMT5.....
You can use these codes:

<playercorefactory>
</player>
<player name="BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
<filename>C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBD MV.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filename=".*bdmv.*" player="BDMV_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Note- You need to replace TMT5 path with PDVD11 in PlayBDMV.bat, and you need to replace PlayBDMV.bat path shown in red above in Playercorefactory.xml. You should be able to playback index.bdmv afterward.

- Atlas100 - 2012-01-09

I got it working now - but with these modifications to the playbdmv.bat:

@echo off
rem you can place your PlayBDMV file anywhere
rem set pth=%1
rem set pth=%pth:=%
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" %1 exit

and the Playercore:

@echo off
rem set pth=%1

Note that the /Fullscreen / Close commands behind the {1} are missing!
That was actually the clue!
Nevertheless PDVD is starting in fullscreen...

- bluc - 2012-01-09

bluray Wrote:If there is an error, it should show error on the screen. If there is no error, it should show the entire codes on the screen!

Yea it shows entire code on screen.

- bluray - 2012-01-10

bluc Wrote:Yea it shows entire code on screen.
The codes are fine then. There must be conflict within your userdata then. You can try these steps:

1. rename XBMC folder in roaming to XBMC_orig
2. launch XBMC to generate a new XBMC folder in roaming
3. shutdown XBMC
4. copy .bat and .xml files from XBMC_orig and paste it in the newly generated XBMC>userdata folder
5. launch XBMC and try your movie again

- bluray - 2012-01-10

Atlas100 Wrote:I got it working now - but with these modifications to the playbdmv.bat:

@echo off
rem set pth=%1

and the Playercore:

@echo off
rem set pth=%1

Note that the /Fullscreen / Close commands behind the {1} are missing!
That was actually the clue!
Nevertheless PDVD is starting in fullscreen...
I'm glad that it work out for you. When you get the paths correct, everything else should be fairly simple.

Regarding the full screen option, you can force it to launch full screen through XBMC or PDVD11.

Oh, what you listed under playercorefactory is not codes for playercorefactory. You might want to update it so it don't confuse others.

- bluc - 2012-01-10

Done and still playing in xbmc Sad

- robl45 - 2012-01-10

bluray Wrote:Since you are having problem when playback MPC-HC plus XBMC and MPC-HC is fine by itself, you should try the "high performance" power option. If it doesn't make any different, you can always switch it back to "balance" power option. Make sure that GPU driver is up to date!

i just checked, it was already on high performance.

- bluray - 2012-01-10

robl45 Wrote:i just checked, it was already on high performance.
What are your CPU and GPU?