Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - cekkk - 2012-11-27

(2012-11-27, 18:33)bluray Wrote:
(2012-11-27, 09:10)cekkk Wrote:
(2012-11-25, 21:21)bluray Wrote: Your rules are too messy. You can simplify the rules as shown below, and it should not playback any file using external player other than what is specified in the rules below....

<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filetypes="iso" player="ISO_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filetypes="bdmv" player="BDMV_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray M2TS -->
<rule filetypes="m2ts" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray MKV -->
<rule filetypes="mkv" player="MPC-HC"/>

<!-- BD-ROM -->
<rule filetypes="bd|ifo" player="Disc_Player"/>
It is work, thanks !
But I still have o big problem.
If I set the refresh freqventy in the windows 50/60HZ and I start the xbmc and i try to play one movie wiht external player (TMT5), TMT do not change the the refresh freqventy. But, I start the TMT5 in the windows, It is change the frequenty. In the stetup of TMT5 is select the automatic frequenty change. What is the wrong? Can You help me?
You can try to enable "adjust display refresh rate to match video" in XBMC System\Settings\Video\Playback.....

I tried because the movie is not played by the xbmc so the xbmc does not change the rate. Confused

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-11-28

(2012-11-27, 19:29)cekkk Wrote:
(2012-11-27, 09:10)cekkk Wrote: It is work, thanks !
But I still have o big problem.
If I set the refresh freqventy in the windows 50/60HZ and I start the xbmc and i try to play one movie wiht external player (TMT5), TMT do not change the the refresh freqventy. But, I start the TMT5 in the windows, It is change the frequenty. In the stetup of TMT5 is select the automatic frequenty change. What is the wrong? Can You help me?
You can try to enable "adjust display refresh rate to match video" in XBMC System\Settings\Video\Playback.....
I tried because the movie is not played by the xbmc so the xbmc does not change the rate. Confused
I haven't figure out either. It work fine on my HTPC. What is your GPU?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - TolkienBard - 2012-11-28

(2012-11-25, 19:03)bluray Wrote:
(2012-11-25, 05:24)TolkienBard Wrote: Is there any way to use external player with only specific types of playback? I'm thinking specifically in terms of launching PowerDVD 10 for playing blu-ray. I would like to still be able to use the internal player for normal DVDs.
Yes, that is the whole purpose of using external player. It allows us to use XBMC as front end and any external player of our choice as backend. We mixes and matches anyway we want it. Another word; you can have PDVD10 playback blu-ray, XBMC playback DVD, TMT5 playback ISO, etc.........

I'll have to keep poking about then. I was trying to set things up so selecting one of my Blu ray movies (all of which are .iso on my HDs) would launch Power DVD 10 so that I could watch the movie without having to convert it into something else first. However, once I went through adding the external player, I ran into the problem of Power DVD 10 being the only way to watch movies, and still not the Blu rays because it wouldn't read the .iso and for whatever reason, the disc was not mounting to a virtual drive.

However, it's still good to know that XBMC can do what I am looking for. It means I haven't been wasting my time trying to figure all this out.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-11-28

(2012-11-28, 01:15)TolkienBard Wrote:
(2012-11-25, 19:03)bluray Wrote:
(2012-11-25, 05:24)TolkienBard Wrote: Is there any way to use external player with only specific types of playback? I'm thinking specifically in terms of launching PowerDVD 10 for playing blu-ray. I would like to still be able to use the internal player for normal DVDs.
Yes, that is the whole purpose of using external player. It allows us to use XBMC as front end and any external player of our choice as backend. We mixes and matches anyway we want it. Another word; you can have PDVD10 playback blu-ray, XBMC playback DVD, TMT5 playback ISO, etc.........

I'll have to keep poking about then. I was trying to set things up so selecting one of my Blu ray movies (all of which are .iso on my HDs) would launch Power DVD 10 so that I could watch the movie without having to convert it into something else first. However, once I went through adding the external player, I ran into the problem of Power DVD 10 being the only way to watch movies, and still not the Blu rays because it wouldn't read the .iso and for whatever reason, the disc was not mounting to a virtual drive.

However, it's still good to know that XBMC can do what I am looking for. It means I haven't been wasting my time trying to figure all this out.
You can replace the generic TMT5 PlayISO.bat codes below with PDVD10. Replace J: with the available VCD drive on your HTPC. After you create PlayISO.bat for PDVD10, you can test it by right click on your favority ISO movie and open it with PlayISO.bat. If everything is correct, it should mount the ISO movie and start playing movie with PDVD10.....if everything work fine, then you can create playercorefactory.xml file for it....

@echo off

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" "J:"

If you need more info on PDVD10, you can visit this link- Search Knowledge Base

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - TolkienBard - 2012-11-28

That's what I was doing, it turns out I just missed a single spelling detail...ugh.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - cekkk - 2012-11-28

(2012-11-28, 00:15)bluray Wrote:
(2012-11-27, 19:29)cekkk Wrote:
(2012-11-27, 18:33)bluray Wrote: You can try to enable "adjust display refresh rate to match video" in XBMC System\Settings\Video\Playback.....

AMD Llano A4 link, and you?

(2012-11-28, 08:30)cekkk Wrote:
(2012-11-28, 00:15)bluray Wrote:
(2012-11-27, 19:29)cekkk Wrote: I tried because the movie is not played by the xbmc so the xbmc does not change the rate. Confused

Is this a laptop? I'm using several PC's (G530, i3, i5, E7200, 610e, etc) with AMD GPU, Intel iGPU and Nvidia GPU.....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - cekkk - 2012-11-29

(2012-11-28, 18:36)bluray Wrote:
(2012-11-28, 08:30)cekkk Wrote:
(2012-11-28, 00:15)bluray Wrote: I haven't figure out either. It work fine on my HTPC. What is your GPU?

Is this a laptop? I'm using several PC's (G530, i3, i5, E7200, 610e, etc) with AMD GPU, Intel iGPU and Nvidia GPU.....

Sorry The link was wrong. It is the right link, my motherboard

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - jxm9921 - 2012-11-29

(2012-11-27, 09:33)jxm9921 Wrote: Why tmt5 cannot open the blu-ray folder as an external player, when i use the same sets and xml file with frodo beta1?
It might be issue with Frodo.....but you can try the BDMV code below-

@echo off
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\MovieObject.bdmv=%
set pth=%pth:BDMV\Index.bdmv=%
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" %pth% exit
Thank you for your reply.
I know the reason why tmt5 cannot play the blu-ray folder with frodo beta1. Just like you said, it might be issue with Frodo beta1.
First,i found that when you open index.bdmv with frodo beta1, will display a selection menu. No matter what you choose, the real path is such as "bluray://E%3a%5cDownloads%5cThe%20Sorcerer%20and%20the%20White%20Snake%202011%20BluRay%201080p%20AVC%20DTS-HD%20MA5.1-CHDBits%5c/BDMV/MovieObject.bdmv".
Then,i tried to use the latest Nightly Builds. Although displayed the same selection menu, but tmt5 can work normally.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Hail.ceasar - 2012-11-30

(2012-09-28, 15:05)Hail.ceasar Wrote:
(2012-09-28, 04:02)bluray Wrote:
(2012-09-28, 02:37)Hail.ceasar Wrote: Is your VCD drive "H"? Is your login name HTPC? Have you enable "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC system/system/video output?

Hello Bluray

Yes my VCD drive is "H" and my login name is "HTPC". I have also enabled "Use Fullscreen rather than true Fullscreen" in XBMC but still I can not get the ISO_Player to work! It just shows my windows screen once and comes back to XBMC and marks the video as "watched". VCD dosent mount the image at all...

Also xbmc dosent "hide" when watching .bdmv even though i made the require "true" mod in the code.

Please help
Download the files below, and save all files in C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata folder........

-playercorefactory.xml
-playdisc.bat
-playiso.bat
-playbdmv.bat

You can set Autoplay control panel to "Take No Action" for "Blu-ray Disc Movie" and "Video Files".....you can set TMT5 to launch in fullscreen too...

Bluray as always you come to the rescue!!! Cant thank you enough for your time and effort. Everything is working like a dream.. Cheers Big Grin

Hello Bluray,

Am afraid I am back to worry you again.Sad

the last time we spoke, you helped me sort my extenal player codes and everythng was fine. I had to uninstall and reinstall my TMT5 tonight because it was giving error messages. Now my external player code is not launching from XBMC anymore. I made sure the TMT5 was installed in the same location as before.
when i click on the movie in XBMC , i get the messgae "Click ok when finish playing" but the TMT5 dosent luanch. For Bluray Iso, i can see that PlayIso.bat mounts the movie on VCD but it dosent play.

Can you please help with this ?

cheers

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - xbmcwood - 2012-11-30

is there a guide to get TMT5 to work with FRODO beta 1??
i ask because i have BluRay files like ISO's and such, that XBMC will not recognize.
i know that TMT5 plays those files just fine.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-12-01

(2012-11-30, 00:20)Hail.ceasar Wrote: Hello Bluray,

Am afraid I am back to worry you again.Sad

the last time we spoke, you helped me sort my extenal player codes and everythng was fine. I had to uninstall and reinstall my TMT5 tonight because it was giving error messages. Now my external player code is not launching from XBMC anymore. I made sure the TMT5 was installed in the same location as before.
when i click on the movie in XBMC , i get the messgae "Click ok when finish playing" but the TMT5 dosent luanch. For Bluray Iso, i can see that PlayIso.bat mounts the movie on VCD but it dosent play.

Can you please help with this ?

cheers
No problem! You can come in here and ask for help at anytime. You need to make sure that "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" is enable in XBMC system/settings/system/video output. You can verify your PlayISO.bat by right/click on an ISO movie and select open with PlayISO.bat. If the bat file is okay, it should launch the movie using TMT5....

(2012-11-30, 05:58)xbmcwood Wrote: is there a guide to get TMT5 to work with FRODO beta 1??
i ask because i have BluRay files like ISO's and such, that XBMC will not recognize.
i know that TMT5 plays those files just fine.
Playercorefactory.xml and PlayISO.bat in the first page work fine with Frodo....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - jxm9921 - 2012-12-01

I will be crazy!
i can play the blu-ray folder with the latest Nightly Builds, but cannot play the iso file.when playing iso file, it display a selection menu, and the path "%1" is wrong.
but i can play iso file with frodo, and cannot play blu-ray folder.
how to solve?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - xbmcwood - 2012-12-01

[/quote]Playercorefactory.xml and PlayISO.bat in the first page work fine with Frodo....

[/quote]

i put the above files in the userdata directory.
what i dont understand is part B
b. make sure that the directory paths of all MPC-HC/TMT5/PowerDVD11 or whatever player you decide to use matches the directory inside Playercorefactory, PlayBDMV, PlayDisc and PlayISO codes

my directory path for TMT5 is in C:programs86>arcsoft
how could they be the same?

also once its all up and running. how do i launch TMT5 in xbmc to play the ISO files and bluray files??
or when ever i click on one of those files TMT5 will automatic launch?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - thewhiteknight - 2012-12-01

Hi bluray,

Below is my Playercorefactory, it's extremely simple b/c the only thing I want TMT5 to play is my blu-ray discs. When I click Play Disc in XBMC, XBMC minimizes and TMT5 starts. TMT5 goes full screen, but I get no sound, or picture, it only displays a black screen. I can close the screen and go back to XBMC without any issues. Can you look over my Playercore and tell me if you see any issues, or what might be causing this? I'm using W7 Ultimate 64-bit edition and XBMC 11.0 Eden.

Thanks for the help!

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="TMT5" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe</filename>
<args>"{D:}" /fullscreen</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>false</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule filename=".*bdmv.*" player="TMT5"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>