Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-12-01

(2012-12-01, 11:18)xbmcwood Wrote: my directory path for TMT5 is in C:programs86>arcsoft
how could they be the same?
If you uses TMT5 as universal player in playercorefactory, TMT5 .exe directory should be the same as the .bat files. I'm using "C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" in my .xml and .bat files.....

(2012-12-01, 11:18)xbmcwood Wrote: also once its all up and running. how do i launch TMT5 in xbmc to play the ISO files and bluray files??
or when ever i click on one of those files TMT5 will automatic launch?
You can simply select movie in XBMC UI, and it will playback movie using TMT5 automatically...

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-12-01

(2012-12-01, 16:47)thewhiteknight Wrote: Hi bluray,

Below is my Playercorefactory, it's extremely simple b/c the only thing I want TMT5 to play is my blu-ray discs. When I click Play Disc in XBMC, XBMC minimizes and TMT5 starts. TMT5 goes full screen, but I get no sound, or picture, it only displays a black screen. I can close the screen and go back to XBMC without any issues. Can you look over my Playercore and tell me if you see any issues, or what might be causing this? I'm using W7 Ultimate 64-bit edition and XBMC 11.0 Eden.

Thanks for the help!
XBMC Play Disc option work better with the external player codes below-

Playercorefactory.xml:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule filetypes="bd|ifo" player="Disc_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayDisc.bat:

@echo off
rem you can place your PlayDisc file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" D:

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - thewhiteknight - 2012-12-01

(2012-12-01, 20:28)bluray Wrote:
(2012-12-01, 16:47)thewhiteknight Wrote: Hi bluray,

Below is my Playercorefactory, it's extremely simple b/c the only thing I want TMT5 to play is my blu-ray discs. When I click Play Disc in XBMC, XBMC minimizes and TMT5 starts. TMT5 goes full screen, but I get no sound, or picture, it only displays a black screen. I can close the screen and go back to XBMC without any issues. Can you look over my Playercore and tell me if you see any issues, or what might be causing this? I'm using W7 Ultimate 64-bit edition and XBMC 11.0 Eden.

Thanks for the help!
XBMC Play Disc option work better with the external player codes below-

Playercorefactory.xml:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<filename>C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray Disc -->
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayDisc.bat:

@echo off
rem you can place your PlayDisc file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" D:

Unfortunately I get nothing with that. When I click Play Disc the XBMC screen flashes but nothing happens. Here's the copy/pasted playercore...

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<filename>C:\Users\Terry\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray Disc -->
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe"

You need to have the correct PlayDisc.bat codes as shown below-

@echo off

-You need to make sure that "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" is enable in XBMC system/settings/system/video output.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - thewhiteknight - 2012-12-01

(2012-12-01, 20:40)bluray Wrote: You need to have the correct PlayDisc.bat codes as shown below-

@echo off

-You need to make sure that "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" is enable in XBMC system/settings/system/video output.

So it should look like this?

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray Disc -->
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

@echo off

It gives me the same result I had before, XBMC flashes then does nothing. What is the D: @ the end represent?

Also, I do have "Use a fullscreen window rather then true fullscreen" enabled.

Thanks again.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - xbmcwood - 2012-12-01

(2012-12-01, 20:13)bluray Wrote:
(2012-12-01, 11:18)xbmcwood Wrote: my directory path for TMT5 is in C:programs86>arcsoft
how could they be the same?
If you uses TMT5 as universal player in playercorefactory, TMT5 .exe directory should be the same as the .bat files. I'm using "C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" in my .xml and .bat files.....

(2012-12-01, 11:18)xbmcwood Wrote: also once its all up and running. how do i launch TMT5 in xbmc to play the ISO files and bluray files??
or when ever i click on one of those files TMT5 will automatic launch?
You can simply select movie in XBMC UI, and it will playback movie using TMT5 automatically...

yes the paths match C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe in the playercorefactory xml file. and if i double click the playiso it will launch TMT5. we are good i believe ..
to get it working i had to install the other two files playdisc and playBDMV.

i get the bluray files up and running. but now my MKV movies and TV show will not run properly . for example if i hit enter, to play a movie MKV format, i only hear only sound from video. plus it stays where i could see all my library. i have to keep pressing back to go to a black screen. once in the black screen XBMC slows down drastically.

Something is not right, you shouldn't need PlayBDMV.bat to playback blu-ray ISO file using TMT5. You need to create only PlayISO.bat file code below and D: is BD-ROM drive letter. With this rule "<rule filetypes="bd|ifo" player="Disc_Player"/>", it shouldn't not affect any blu-ray file playing through XBMC internal player....

@echo off

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - xbmcwood - 2012-12-01

(2012-12-01, 23:25)bluray Wrote: Something is not right, you shouldn't need PlayBDMV.bat to playback blu-ray ISO file using TMT5. You need to create only PlayISO.bat file code below and D: is BD-ROM drive letter. With this rule "<rule filetypes="bd|ifo" player="Disc_Player"/>", it shouldn't not affect any blu-ray file playing through XBMC internal player....

@echo off

create PlayISO.bat file with just the info from above?
replace the one i get from OP?
it should look like this right

@echo off

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - thewhiteknight - 2012-12-02

bluray,

I'm still confused. I almost had this working with XBMC and TMT5 to playback my blu-ray discs w/menus (see post 1350) however after following you directions in post 1352 I can't get XBMC to change over to TMT5 at all. Can you tell me what's wrong? My playercore once again

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray Disc -->
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

@echo off

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" E:

E: is my blu-ray drive letter.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-12-02

(2012-12-01, 23:40)xbmcwood Wrote:
(2012-12-01, 23:25)bluray Wrote: Something is not right, you shouldn't need PlayBDMV.bat to playback blu-ray ISO file using TMT5. You need to create only PlayISO.bat file code below and D: is BD-ROM drive letter. With this rule "<rule filetypes="bd|ifo" player="Disc_Player"/>", it shouldn't not affect any blu-ray file playing through XBMC internal player....

@echo off

create PlayISO.bat file with just the info from above?
replace the one i get from OP?
it should look like this right

This rule shouldn't be in PlayISO.bat. It should be in playercorefactory.xml

(2012-12-01, 23:40)xbmcwood Wrote: @echo off

This is all you need in PlayISO.bat...

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-12-02

(2012-12-02, 00:23)thewhiteknight Wrote: bluray,

I'm still confused. I almost had this working with XBMC and TMT5 to playback my blu-ray discs w/menus (see post 1350) however after following you directions in post 1352 I can't get XBMC to change over to TMT5 at all. Can you tell me what's wrong? My playercore once again

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray Disc -->
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

@echo off

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" E:

E: is my blu-ray drive letter.
I made it easy for you. You can simply download both files below and save it in C:\Users\Terry\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata folder....

-playercorefactory.xml
-playiso.bat

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - jxm9921 - 2012-12-02

I try the latest Nightly Builds one by one. Luckly, the build of 1115 works fine.
cheer.

(2012-12-02, 06:57)jxm9921 Wrote: I try the latest Nightly Builds one by one. Luckly, the build of 1115 works fine.
cheer.
It's good to know.....but I'm sticking to the latest stable XBMC Eden for now...

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - jxm9921 - 2012-12-02

oh, i see.
So let us wish the official build of 12 solve the problems.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - thewhiteknight - 2012-12-02

I made it easy for you. You can simply download both files below and save it in C:\Users\Terry\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata folder....

-playercorefactory.xml
-playiso.bat

[/quote]

It worked! Thanks bluray for all the help, it is greatly appreciated! One last question, for now Big Grin, if I drop these two files into XBMC 12, will they work this same way? I haven't decided if I want to jump to 12 just yet, I've got 11 setup exactly like I like it (and the family is used to it), but would just like to know if it works.

Thanks again!