Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - steelman1991 - 2012-12-04

(2012-12-04, 11:15)xbmcwood Wrote: BluRay
i had to install Eden. frodo was too bugy.
so i followed the instruction in your first post. installed all four files. it almost works. i still have to right click on a movie to pick the player.
but now i just have to pick DVDplayer for all my movie formats.yup DVDplayer works for ISO and all other formats. is there a way to set DVDPlayer as my default player.Huh

DVDPlayer is xbmc's default player - if you only want to use that you have no need for an external player - delete the additional files you originally downloaded then DVDPlayer will become your default player

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-12-04

(2012-12-04, 19:25)steelman1991 Wrote:
so i followed the instruction in your first post. installed all four files. it almost works. i still have to right click on a movie to pick the player.
but now i just have to pick DVDplayer for all my movie formats.yup DVDplayer works for ISO and all other formats. is there a way to set DVDPlayer as my default player.Huh

DVDPlayer is xbmc's default player - if you only want to use that you have no need for an external player - delete the additional files you originally downloaded then DVDPlayer will become your default player
+1.....if you want want XBMC player to playback everything, you don't need external player.....you can simply remove all .xml and .bat files from userdata in roaming folder....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - xbmcwood - 2012-12-04

(2012-12-04, 21:39)bluray Wrote:

+1.....if you want want XBMC player to playback everything, you don't need external player.....you can simply remove all .xml and .bat files from userdata in roaming folder....

if i delete the files. then xbmc will not play my bluray file or ISO.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-12-04

(2012-12-04, 22:01)xbmcwood Wrote:

(2012-12-04, 21:39)bluray Wrote:
(2012-12-04, 19:25)steelman1991 Wrote: DVDPlayer is xbmc's default player - if you only want to use that you have no need for an external player - delete the additional files you originally downloaded then DVDPlayer will become your default player

if i delete the files. then xbmc will not play my bluray file or ISO.
If you still want to playback ISO through external player, you can keep playercorecfactory.xml codes below and playiso.bat....I'm assuming you want to playback blu-ray disc using external player too, you can keep playdisc.bat too...

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>

</player>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filetypes="iso" player="ISO_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule filetypes="bd" player="Disc_Player"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - blu5 - 2012-12-06

Hi all
Is anyone here who can write playercorefactory.xml file for mac os x , I use to play blu ray disc this Blu Ray Player http:// http://www.macblurayplayer.com

Mac Mini 2011 Mountine Lione
XBMC Frodo Beta 2
External LG Blu Ray Drive slot-in on USB

Playing sequential iso with MP-HC - mediamad - 2012-12-07

Having a problem with MP-HC when trying to play and iso after just watching & one wonder if anyone else is experiencing. If the virtual drive is unmounted & in xbmc I select a movie then MP-HC opens and plays just a s expected. However if I then close, go back to xbmc & try to play another movie MP-HC opens but in the lower left I get "File not found". If I check the virtual drive I see that the correct file has in fact loaded. If I unmount the file and close MP-HC and try again then it works again as expected.

So in short, it appears if the drive is already mounted with some file when xbmc launches MP-HC then I get the file error. If unmounted it works perfectly. I tried adding some wait time between mounting the drive and starting MP-HC in the PlayISO.bat file but that didn't helpf
Any ideas?

RE: Playing sequential iso with MP-HC - bluray - 2012-12-07

(2012-12-07, 20:47)mediamad Wrote: Having a problem with MP-HC when trying to play and iso after just watching & one wonder if anyone else is experiencing. If the virtual drive is unmounted & in xbmc I select a movie then MP-HC opens and plays just a s expected. However if I then close, go back to xbmc & try to play another movie MP-HC opens but in the lower left I get "File not found". If I check the virtual drive I see that the correct file has in fact loaded. If I unmount the file and close MP-HC and try again then it works again as expected.

So in short, it appears if the drive is already mounted with some file when xbmc launches MP-HC then I get the file error. If unmounted it works perfectly. I tried adding some wait time between mounting the drive and starting MP-HC in the PlayISO.bat file but that didn't helpf
Any ideas?
You can add this line ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u) after the last line in PlayISO.bat....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - andcbii - 2012-12-09

I'm having problems getting my ISOs to mount over my network. I'm using VCD and keep getting the following error:

Can't mount \\UserAccountTongueassword@RACKSTATION\Media\Movies

Where UserAccount and Password are my credentials to my NAS.

XBMC is able to play and access the files just fine. I'm not sure why VCD is using that path and not just \\Racksation\Movies.

I currently have my XBMC library on a sql server and have the following in my advanced settings:

<advancedsettings>
<tvshowmatching append="no">
<regexp>\[[Ss]([0-9]+)\]_\[[Ee]([0-9]+)\]?([^\\/]*)(?Sad?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
<regexp>[\._ \[\-\\/]([0-9]+)x([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?Sad?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
<regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[\.\-]?[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?Sad?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
<regexp>[\._ \-\\/]([0-9]+)([0-9][0-9])([\._ \-][^\\/]*)(?Sad?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>

<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.0.101</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>My_Videos</name>
</videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.0.101</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>My_Music</name>
</musicdatabase>

<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/</from>
<to>smb:\\RACKSTATION\Media\Metadata\thumbs</to>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>

</advancedsettings>

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-12-09

(2012-12-09, 03:19)andcbii Wrote: I'm having problems getting my ISOs to mount over my network.
I just tried mounting ISO over network using VCD, and it seem to work fine. You need to enable "Buffered I/O" on VCD.

If you are still having error with VCD, you can try "DAEMON Tools Lite" instead.....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - andcbii - 2012-12-09

It's a problem with the path xbmc is passing to VCD.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-12-09

(2012-12-09, 04:11)andcbii Wrote: It's a problem with the path xbmc is passing to VCD.
Another guy in here had problem mounting ISO over NAS using VCD, but he got it to work with DAEMON Tools Lite on the same network. Give it a try....

(2012-12-09, 04:36)bluray Wrote:
(2012-12-09, 04:11)andcbii Wrote: It's a problem with the path xbmc is passing to VCD.
Another guy in here had problem mounting ISO over NAS using VCD, but he got it to work with DAEMON Tools Lite on the same network. Give it a try....

I was able to get it to work with VCD. As i said XBMC was passing a bad path to VCD. I fixed it by going to Library -> Files -> right clicked my Movies folder and selected edit source. From there i saw the path was smb://Rackstation/media/moves. I clicked on the the box where you can enter the path and noticed when i did that the path changed to smdb://UserAccountTongueassword@Rackstation/media/moves. I removed the user and password section and saved. This fixed my problem now VCD is mounting the videos.

I did have a problem with all my movies getting doubled up but i was able to quickly fix that.

(2012-12-09, 07:46)andcbii Wrote: I was able to get it to work with VCD. As i said XBMC was passing a bad path to VCD. I fixed it by going to Library -> Files -> right clicked my Movies folder and selected edit source.
I'm glad that you got it to work....Nod

I also just figured out how to get DVDFab Virtual Drive to work. Here is what you need in your PlayISO.bat file

"C:\Program Files\DVDFab Virtual Drive\vdrive.exe" /M:F %1

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - andyd - 2012-12-09

Anyone here using Windows 8 plus the latest version of TMT 5?

I'm having issues with focus again. I have to use a mouse to activate the window before I can control the app at all