Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluc - 2012-12-18

Blu ray thanks heaps worked great(just had to change my tmt5 directory as my media center is 32 bit) One last problem I am using xbmc launcher app from your op (to stop my remote from losing connection) and am having an issue with xbmc stealing focus back from tmt5 when playing mkv. Full blu ray iso work fine but not the 3d mkv. The mkv will start then xbmc maximises back over the top of tmt5, can hear the movie audio continue to play but cant see the picture as it is blocked by xbmc. Any ideas?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bungie240 - 2012-12-18

(2012-12-16, 18:07)bluray Wrote:
(2012-12-16, 10:07)bungie240 Wrote:
(2012-12-15, 20:18)bluray Wrote: You need to replace <args>"{F}"</args> with <args>"{1}"</args>

Many thanks, it's now working.
Excellent, enjoy it....Nod

Bluray - Seem to have a small issue when exiting MPC-HC.

When i click on a movie using my MCE remote it goes straight into MPC-HC and starts to play, but when I click close (only button that takes me back to XBMC) on MCE remote you see the desktop first for about 2 seconds then it goes back to XBMC! Do you know what causes this or how to fix? Not a major issue but would rather not see the desktop!

Thanks Big Grin

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-12-18

(2012-12-18, 06:15)bluc Wrote: Blu ray thanks heaps worked great(just had to change my tmt5 directory as my media center is 32 bit) One last problem I am using xbmc launcher app from your op (to stop my remote from losing connection) and am having an issue with xbmc stealing focus back from tmt5 when playing mkv. Full blu ray iso work fine but not the 3d mkv. The mkv will start then xbmc maximises back over the top of tmt5, can hear the movie audio continue to play but cant see the picture as it is blocked by xbmc. Any ideas?
Try replacing these lines below-
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>

with two lines below and you can set TMT5 to launch in fullscreen intead-
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bungie240 - 2012-12-18

(2012-12-18, 17:24)bluray Wrote:
(2012-12-18, 06:15)bluc Wrote: Blu ray thanks heaps worked great(just had to change my tmt5 directory as my media center is 32 bit) One last problem I am using xbmc launcher app from your op (to stop my remote from losing connection) and am having an issue with xbmc stealing focus back from tmt5 when playing mkv. Full blu ray iso work fine but not the 3d mkv. The mkv will start then xbmc maximises back over the top of tmt5, can hear the movie audio continue to play but cant see the picture as it is blocked by xbmc. Any ideas?

<args>"{1}"</args>

I tried the first code but is seems to disable my close button on remote! So in order for me to get back to XBMC when MPC-HC is running I need to right click and exit MPC-HC, although this does get rid of the problem of seeing the desktop! Would rather my close button work on the remote though as when kids/wife use it it's more straight forward!!Nod

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-12-19

@Bungie,
You can configure stop and exit keys in MPC-HC as shown below to return to XBMC-

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluc - 2012-12-19

<args>"{1}"</args>

This works great launchs the 3d video gives arcsoft focus and plays in 3d mode automatically. One final issue that is how do I get back to xbmc after movie finish's. I tried switching the arcsoft player to the media center one which is more remote control friendly but then I dont get automatic 3d mode. Is there someway to close arcsoft player with the remote control?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-12-19

(2012-12-19, 05:51)bluc Wrote:

<args>"{1}"</args>

This works great launchs the 3d video gives arcsoft focus and plays in 3d mode automatically. One final issue that is how do I get back to xbmc after movie finish's. I tried switching the arcsoft player to the media center one which is more remote control friendly but then I dont get automatic 3d mode. Is there someway to close arcsoft player with the remote control?
I'm glad that the playback part work out great for you now.....Nod

If you are using MCE remote, you can simply press stop and back buttons to get back to XBMC....

Re: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluc - 2012-12-19

Am using the haupage media center remote,but I think it is the one that does not play nice with xbmc. The stop and back buttons don't do anything.

(2012-12-19, 07:04)bluc Wrote: Am using the haupage media center remote,but I think it is the one that does not play nice with xbmc. The stop and back buttons don't do anything.
Sorry, I'm not familiar with your remote. I use the MCE remote similar to this "OEM HP MCE KIT", and it works with TMT5 and XBMC out of the box...

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - smithgt - 2012-12-19

Hi,

With 144 pages, going back just over a year, I wanted to double check that the guide on page 1 is still current and correct.

Basically I've just migrated to XBMC, and and looking to be able to playpack Blu-Ray and Blu-Ray ISO's via XBMC.

Re: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluc - 2012-12-19

Unless you want 3d or bluray menus xbmc will play bluray main movie natively as long as its not encrypted is ripped off disc and played from HDD :-)
Blue ray my remote uses the standard ehome ir reciever , found a thread with setup guide. When I get a chance will see if i can get it going. Thanks again for all your help much appreciated Big Grin

(2012-12-19, 11:53)smithgt Wrote: Hi,

With 144 pages, going back just over a year, I wanted to double check that the guide on page 1 is still current and correct.

Basically I've just migrated to XBMC, and and looking to be able to playpack Blu-Ray and Blu-Ray ISO's via XBMC.
The 1st page is up to date as you can see at the bottom of the page- (This post was last modified: 2012-11-25 12:26 by bluray.) ....if you run into problem, you can let us know in here....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - ralphpls - 2012-12-19

Are there any external players where is option to add more subtitles ? PowerDVD or TMT5 wont allow you to add .srt files if there is video with built in subtitles. MPC-HC only option ?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Desisuperman - 2012-12-20

(2012-12-18, 02:41)bluray Wrote: @Desisuperman-
Can you post your playercorefactory.xml and playdisc.bat in here? I'll take a look at it....

Bluray, i installed just these two files. I replaced xxxx with "Ray" and the drive letter for my blu ray is "H:"

playercorefactory.xml: need to replace "xxxx" with the correct computer login name

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Ray\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule player="Disc_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayDisc.bat: need to replace E: with the correct BD-ROM drive

@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" H:

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-12-20

(2012-12-20, 00:37)Desisuperman Wrote:
(2012-12-18, 02:41)bluray Wrote: @Desisuperman-
Can you post your playercorefactory.xml and playdisc.bat in here? I'll take a look at it....

Bluray, i installed just these two files. I replaced xxxx with "Ray" and the drive letter for my blu ray is "H:"

playercorefactory.xml: need to replace "xxxx" with the correct computer login name

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Ray\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule player="Disc_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayDisc.bat: need to replace E: with the correct BD-ROM drive

@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" H:
Download both files below, and save it in C:\Users\Ray\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata folder-

playercorefactory.xml

playdisc.bat