Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-12-29

(2012-12-29, 22:31)CaptainKen Wrote: Turning Pink seems to have been a 1 time fluke that I can't duplicate. The audio is also working without any tweaking. rebooting the PC must have fixed everything.

My "ATI HDMI Output properties" only show "Dolby Digital" under encoded formats?

What models are your GPU and AVR?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - CaptainKen - 2012-12-30

"ATI Radeon HD 4350" and "Sony STRDA5300ES Receiver"

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-12-30

(2012-12-30, 00:22)CaptainKen Wrote: "ATI Radeon HD 4350" and "Sony STRDA5300ES Receiver"
You have a very nice AVR. Unfortunately, your GPU doesn't have the same capability as your AVR. You need at least this $15 "XFX One ON-XFX1-PLS2 Radeon HD 5450 1GB" GPU to enjoy all the latest audio codecs (TrueHD/DTS-HD).....

I highly recommending this "SAPPHIRE 100323-2L Radeon HD 6570 1GB" GPU instead....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - CaptainKen - 2012-12-30

Thanks for the recommendations Bluray as they are greatly appreciated!

As timing would have it I just blew $40 on power supply, but it's only a 300w, and both cards require a minimum of a 400 Watt.

Do you think that with my HTPC only being an Intel Core 2 Dou, that I'm under powered and should replace it with an i3 or i5?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - bluray - 2012-12-30

(2012-12-30, 02:24)CaptainKen Wrote: As timing would have it I just blew $40 on power supply, but it's only a 300w, and both cards require a minimum of a 400 Watt.

Do you think that with my HTPC only being an Intel Core 2 Dou, that I'm under powered and should replace it with an i3 or i5?
You'll be fine with 300w PSU. The GPU I suggested is rated at 50W TDP. I used a similar GPU with Intel Core 2 Dou on 250W PSU without a hitch....it can handles blu-ray 1080p and bitstreaming HD audio with ease....

Man you have been the barer of goods for me every time!

I just ordered the Sapphire 100323-2L from NewEgg since they had the best price. I'm an Amazon guy and always try to order from them. Thanks for shopping as well!

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Juan546 - 2012-12-30

I'm already using MPC with Dharma.
It's just I don't know when Eden will be released in its final version...ImageImageImageImageImage

MPC is skipping the menu and going straight to playing the Bluray movie. It is also selecting the directors comments rather than just the movie. How to I get it to go straight to menu?

(2012-12-30, 04:38)Juan546 Wrote: I'm already using MPC with Dharma.
It's just I don't know when Eden will be released in its final version...ImageImageImageImageImage
You are a little late to the game. Eden is the latest stable version.....and we're waiting for Frodo to become stable....

(2012-12-30, 04:44)CaptainKen Wrote: It is also selecting the directors comments rather than just the movie.
I'm not sure why it didn't select just the movie on your HTPC. With the PlayBDMV.bat I provided in post #1466, it selected just the movie on my HTPC....

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - acejh1987 - 2012-12-30

(2012-12-30, 06:37)bluray Wrote: I'm not sure why it didn't select just the movie on your HTPC. With the PlayBDMV.bat I provided in post #1466, it selected just the movie on my HTPC....

Are you able to answer what the PlayBDMV.bat you posted in #1466 does? (I asked in post #1469 but you may have missed it)

Code:
@echo off
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:\BDMV\PLAYLIST\*.*.mpls=%
"C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mpc-hc64.exe" %pth% exit

This code will not change %pth% at all.
It still works because with MPC the %pth% does not need to be changed, no BAT file is needed.

For example if XBMC sends %1 as "D:\Movies\Movie\BDMV\PLAYLIST\00001.mpls"
The batch file in post #1466 will not change that path at all.

Run this and you will see what I mean

Code:
@echo off
set pth="D:\Movies\Movie\BDMV\PLAYLIST\00001.mpls"
echo %pth%
pause

If you test it you will notice the BAT file does not change the %pth% because the following line will not work -

Code:

(2012-12-30, 04:44)CaptainKen Wrote: MPC is skipping the menu and going straight to playing the Bluray movie. It is also selecting the directors comments rather than just the movie. How to I get it to go straight to menu?

MPC does not support Blu-ray menus, it will just try and pick the main movie, which sometimes it gets wrong.
Are you playing straight from the disc or is the disc ripped to your HDD?
How do you have MPC setup? Are you using LAV Filters?
What are you using to remove the protection - AnyDVD?
Lastly what version of XBMC are you using?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - andcbii - 2012-12-30

I've been using tmt 5 as my external player for a few weeks know. I have noticed a few issues/question.

1) XMBC isn't comeing up with the click ok when play back finishes box
2) i have blu-ray and dvd iso files; can this work with just the bluray? Currently it's using tmt5 for dvds too.
3) When playing a video if i hit pause or FF on my remote it brings xbmc to the front. It's like the computer doesn't realize that tmt5 is the currently running application.
4) when tmt5 lauches it don't always switch from xbmc to tmt5 right a way i have to alt tab to tmt5.

Anyone one else have this issues?

here is my playercorefactory

<?xml version="1.0"?>
-<playercorefactory> -<players> -<player video="true" audio="false" type="ExternalPlayer" name="ISO_Player"> <filename>C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename> <args>"{1}"</args> <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc> <hideconsole>true</hideconsole> <warpcursor>none</warpcursor> </player> -<player video="true" audio="false" type="ExternalPlayer" name="BDMV_Player"> <filename>C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename> <args>"{1}"</args> <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc> <hideconsole>true</hideconsole> <warpcursor>none</warpcursor> </player> -<player video="true" audio="false" type="ExternalPlayer" name="Disc_Player"> <filename>C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename> <args>"{1}"</args> <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc> <hideconsole>true</hideconsole> <warpcursor>none</warpcursor> </player> -<player video="true" audio="false" type="ExternalPlayer" name="Universal_Player"> <filename>C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe</filename> <args>"{1}"</args> <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc> <hideconsole>true</hideconsole> <warpcursor>none</warpcursor> </player> </players> -<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule player="ISO_Player" filetypes="iso" filenames="iso"/>
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule player="BDMV_Player" filetypes="bdmv" filenames="bdmv"/>
<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule name="F:\\.*" player="Disc_Player" filetypes="bdmv" filenames="BD"/> </rules> </playercorefactory>

(2012-12-30, 14:55)acejh1987 Wrote:
(2012-12-30, 06:37)bluray Wrote: I'm not sure why it didn't select just the movie on your HTPC. With the PlayBDMV.bat I provided in post #1466, it selected just the movie on my HTPC....

Are you able to answer what the PlayBDMV.bat you posted in #1466 does? (I asked in post #1469 but you may have missed it)

Code:
@echo off
set pth=%1

It still works because with MPC the %pth% does not need to be changed, no BAT file is needed.

The codes I suggested works fine on all three of my HTPC's. It works with blu-ray folder and blu-ray disc. I tried several movies, and it selected just the main movies correctly.....

@andcbii-
Can you re-post your playercorefactory from the notepad? It is scrambled in your last post....

(2012-12-30, 14:55)acejh1987 Wrote:

Code:
@echo off
set pth=%1

Run this and you will see what I mean

Code:
@echo off
set pth="D:\Movies\Movie\BDMV\PLAYLIST\00001.mpls"
echo %pth%
pause

If you test it you will notice the BAT file does not change the %pth% because the following line will not work -

Code:

(2012-12-30, 04:44)CaptainKen Wrote: MPC is skipping the menu and going straight to playing the Bluray movie. It is also selecting the directors comments rather than just the movie. How to I get it to go straight to menu?

MPC does not support Blu-ray menus, it will just try and pick the main movie, which sometimes it gets wrong.
Are you playing straight from the disc or is the disc ripped to your HDD?
How do you have MPC setup? Are you using LAV Filters?
What are you using to remove the protection - AnyDVD?
Lastly what version of XBMC are you using?

I followed instructions from post 1464, so not using PlayBDMV.bat.

I'm playing straight from Disc. The only thing I want MPC to play are blu-ray direct from disc.

Don't know what Lav filters are so I guess I'm not using them.

Yes, I'm using AnyDVD

Using Eden stable release with Aeon Nox stable release 3.6.1.

Code:
<playercorefactory>
    <players>
        <player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
            <args>"{1}"</args>
            <hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
            <hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
            <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
        </player>
    </players>
    <rules action="prepend">
        <!-- Bluray Disc -->
        <rule filetypes=""bd" player="Disc_Player"/>
    </rules>
</playercorefactory>

Code:
@echo off
rem you can place your PlayBDMV file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
set pth=%1

Code:
@echo off
rem you can place your PlayDisc file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
"C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mpc-hc64.exe" F:

The movie I'm using as a test is Battleship.When I use PlayBDMV.bat outside of xbmc I'm getting file not found, so I select the disc via the menu and it plays directors comments, but no sound. With xbmc open and I insert bluray then I have sound, but still same problem of directors comments.

I tired The Avengers movie and that one does go straight to playing only the movie, so it must be something with Battleship?

BTW, is there a reason why VLC isn't used, as it plays everything and support menus? According to this article "Wonder how to get your VLC 2.0 to play encrypted blu-ray discs?" you only need two files. However, it's Interesting that VLC doesn't like it's menu either and when disc is opened without menu support it plays directors comments.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - acejh1987 - 2012-12-31

(2012-12-30, 22:21)bluray Wrote: The codes I suggested works fine on all three of my HTPC's. It works with blu-ray folder and blu-ray disc. I tried several movies, and it selected just the main movies correctly.....

Are you reading my posts at all? Or try the bat file I posted?
The PlayBDMV.bat you posted does absolutely nothing! All it does is open MPC-HC (Because the other lines do nothing)
The only reason it works with MPC-HC is because like I said it does not need a bat file for BDMV folders.
Please try the following PlayBDMV.bat file for MPC-HC, I bet it works on your 3 HTPC systems too (Just change the MPC path)

Code:
"C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mpc-hc64.exe" %1 exit

It will work because MPC doesn't need the path changing, if you would just try it for me.

What are you expecting this line to do? Please explain.
Code:

Sorry, I'm just a little frustrated as you are not listening or answering my questions.