Kodi Community Forum
Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Weather Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=155)
+---- Thread: Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support (/showthread.php?tid=116905)

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - knotnumb - 2021-12-05

Thank you for the reply.
I tried that already. I tried putting the zip file in several locations, including trying the original download folder but the install fails due to 'Invalid file structure' according to the log. I'm using W10, i also tried running Kodi as administrator. All attempts fail. I've made sure installing from unknown sources is checked. I've changed to installing from any repositories.
UPDATE:
I'd somehow downloaded repository.bossanova808-main.zip instead of weather.ozweather-main.zip
Now it's installed Blush  I'm off to finish setting up your wonderful addon.
Thank you and you can expect a coffee shortly.

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - bossanova808 - 2021-12-05

Ok, so you're still going wrong I'm afraid - OzWeather itself is available via the master Kodi repo - you don't need to install anything to get it, just go to Addons -> Weather -> OzWeather.

For the skin patcher, you do need to install my repo - a direct link to the correct zip is this: https://github.com/bossanova808/repository.bossanova808/raw/main/repository-downloads/repository.bossanova808/repository.bossanova808-0.2.0.zip

Install that (as before) - then you can install the skin patcher.

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - knotnumb - 2021-12-05

Tried buying you a coffee, paypal not playing ball. Can i send you some crypto?

Thank you, I've now got everything working as before but with the improvements.

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - bossanova808 - 2021-12-05

Glad you got there!  Don't have a crypto thingy, but no worries, just enjoy your weather!

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - bossanova808 - 2021-12-13

v2.0.4 Released (i.e. sent to the upstream Kodi Gods).  Nothing new, no fixes, just removing the now useless Weatherzone code/fallback options as Weatherzone site has changed completely and given the data is worse than the BOM, don't fancy re-writing it all to cope with the massive changes, and I am not sure it's even possible due to the extensive JS based content loading...

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - gmpanazzolo - 2021-12-13

Quick question.

I was running Libreelec 8 on an RPi 2 and 9 on an RPi 4. A while back I saw that OzWeather was no longer working for me and I realised this week that there have been some big upgrades.

I installed LE 10 on the RPi 4, but immediately began having issues with it waking my Panasonic TV from sleep during the night. I have so far been unable to rectify this issue, so I’ll probably go back to LE 9 as that was doing the job.

The problem is that OzWeather is awesome, and so I really want to have it functioning. Is there any way to get the addon working on LE 9, or is its functionality on anything less than LE 10 cooked because of the changes to the BOM API etc?

I think I know the answer, but I figured I’d ask.

Thanks heaps.

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - bossanova808 - 2021-12-13

Yep, so the only way it's going to happen is if someone other than me ports the current, very much changed Python 3 version back to Python 2.  It wouldn't be hard - there are even automation tools that can help - but I'm just not interested in spending the time.  If someone does it, I am happy to clean it up and submit it upstream to the Kodi people once it works.  But I'm not going to do the whole port myself, given I haven't been near Leia or below in a good long while now (or Python 2 for that matter).

(More generally - rather than going significantly backwards - just disable CEC completely (would need to be done both at the LE level and in Kodi separately I'm pretty sure, so that nothing is sending any CEC signals).  Sleep/wake issues like that are pretty much always CEC, and CEC just sucks.  It's just wildly inconsistent and leads to issues like that all over the place.  Disable it completely and live the simple life....I have a Panny TV too, and all the issues vanished once I thoroughly disabled CEC (you can also turn it off in the TV itself for good measure IIRC).

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - gmpanazzolo - 2021-12-14

Thanks very much for that. I figured it wasn't an option without considerable effort, but I thought I'd ask.

Forgive my ignorance, but without CEC enabled how are you controlling Kodi? I have a bluetooth keyboard attached to mine, but I find the TV remote to be easier

Thank you.

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - bossanova808 - 2021-12-14

)(Someone with moderate coding skills could probably do it in ~2 to 4 hours I would think.)

On your other question:
I use a Harmony remote (my setup is documented here: https://www.notion.so/Coreelec-Kodi-Harmony-650-Remotes-Full-Setup-db93c22e1980469ea995c388d9ff4adb) ....  But you can use all sorts of remotes, in all sorts of ways, without using CEC.  CEC is just a massive PITA that never quite works right, in my experience.

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - gmpanazzolo - 2021-12-14

Thank you.

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - DavidFW1960 - 2022-02-05

Just me or is this dead for everyone? No weather on either my OSMC or Chromecast the last few daysHuh

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - Thomfam - 2022-02-05

Working perfectly here in S.E. Queensland on Kodi 19.3 with the Aeon Nox: Silvo skin.  I've got the Oz Weather Skin Patcher installed and it's all looking great.  Just check that the weather radar for your area is working though as that can cause some hiccups to happen.

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - DavidFW1960 - 2022-02-05

Hmm. Gosford here. Has been working perfectly till a few days ago I know BOM has lost a few sensors (humidity, apparent temp) and all obs were missing a week ago due to maintenance. I guess Ill need the loga

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - bossanova808 - 2022-02-05

Fine here last night and this morning...