Kodi Community Forum
Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Weather Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=155)
+---- Thread: Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support (/showthread.php?tid=116905)

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - benyamin - 2022-10-18

Thanks @bossanova808. 8^D
I patiently await notice from the wiki admins of my shiny new logon... 8^d

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - benyamin - 2022-10-19

(2022-10-18, 11:24)benyamin Wrote: I patiently await notice from the wiki admins of my shiny new logon... 8^d

My application for a wiki account was rejected... First time for everything I guess...
I was planning on updating the following underlined part:
1.1... Mini weather when you pause video & display video information etc. if you want (Confluence/Estuary only currently).

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - bossanova808 - 2022-10-19

I updated it down below - With Confluence and Estuary you get the added bonus of some weather info during playback when you show the video info. With Confluence either the Info (i) or Menu (m) will bring it up, with Estuary just the Menu (m). It looks roughly like this:

..think that covers it really

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - benyamin - 2022-10-19

(2022-10-19, 07:08)bossanova808 Wrote: I updated it down below - With Confluence and Estuary you get the added bonus of some weather info during playback when you show the video info. With Confluence either the Info (i) or Menu (m) will bring it up, with Estuary just the Menu (m). It looks roughly like this:

..think that covers it really

Yep, fair enough.  Thanks again for an awesome addon.

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - Mylorite - 2022-12-21

Hi there, new Chromecast and Kodi user. I have tried multiple times to add your repository as a source to get the skin patcher. I now have multiple versions of bossanova808 on my "install from zip file" screen, but when I click on any of them, there are no zip files. Obviously I am missing something basic, but hunting through the Internet hasn't shed any light on my problem. What exactly am I supposed to enter in the "source" section? Am using Estuary.

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - bossanova808 - 2022-12-21

Sorry, to be honest I am not really following you - have you downloaded the repo .zip file (https://github.com/bossanova808/repository.bossanova808/raw/main/repository-downloads/repository.bossanova808/repository.bossanova808-0.2.0.zip) - i.e. can you see it in a file browser or whatever?  If so, you point the 'Install From Zip' at that, and then it should install.  Then go back into the main addons bit and choose 'install from repository' and choose bossanova808 from that list.

How to do it is listed here: https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on_manager#Repositories

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - Mylorite - 2022-12-21

It's the "download zip file" bit I can't get. How do I transfer the file from my PC to Kodi, or can I access it directly from Kodi?

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - bossanova808 - 2022-12-21

The depends on what platform you're running Kodi on really.  Usually it's either done via the Kodi machine offering a share, or using an S/FTP tool to move the file over.  Then you browse to it in Kodi.

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - Mylorite - 2022-12-22

I'm using a Chromecast with Google TV on my tv.

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - Mylorite - 2022-12-22

Have tried installing primitive ftpd on my phone, downloading the zip to that and pointing the source to it, but still no zip file showing in Kodi.

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - bossanova808 - 2022-12-22

Sorry, I don't know anything about Google TV etc, I really only run Kodi directly on clients I can get to (Windows or dedicated little boxes with CoreElec etc).  You'll have to figure out how to get the zip over yourself I'm afraid - but there's a lot tutorials and things around on YouTube etc.

OK,thanks.

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - will2rob - 2023-01-22

Hi Bossanova

Finally upgraded from Kodi 18.9 to 20.0 but I can't get ozweather reinstalled. I get a message that the  add on is incompatible with that version of Kodi and a pop up box reads "the dependency on XBMC.python version 2.25.0 could not be satisfied." I am using a modified Transperency! Skin and thought that might be the issue, but I'm getting the same error on Estuary.  Is there a problem with compatibility with v20.0? Happy to downgrade to v.19.3 if that is the fix.

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - bossanova808 - 2023-01-22

Hmm, it works fine on 20 here.  I have not tried a clean install though - I just upgraded my installs this time, rather than going through all the re-config nightmare.  Pretty much everything worked fine.

I'll try doing an uninstall and re-install here...give me a minute.

RE: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - bossanova808 - 2023-01-22

@will2rob - hmm, that worked fine here, no problems removing it completely then re-installing.

Can you do me a relatively clean debug log of you firing up your kodi and trying to install it?  (post to pastebin or similar) - I can see if there is a clue in there...but there really haven't been any substantial Python changes this time around, so it should 'just work' really - and on 5 separate installs here, it does...