Kodi Community Forum
Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Weather Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=155)
+---- Thread: Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support (/showthread.php?tid=116905)

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - scotia - 2013-03-14

(2013-03-14, 01:07)bossanova808 Wrote: hmmm yeah that's an oversight - I thought I had changed it. I have a new version about ready to go with a few cleanups so will fix that at same time and should get it out today (but takes a few days for review etc.)

No worries. Thanks for your efforts. I'll post the issue on a dev forum too in case it's system-wide. (the redirect thing).

Scott

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - scotia - 2013-03-14

FYI, this issue is already discussed on another topic: Here

It's a shame you'd have to re-code, but as we discussed, it's probably just easier to prepend the 'www.' and be done with it.

Scott

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2013-03-14

It's already done and submitted, no drama at all adding a www - shoulda done it before really Smile

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - scotia - 2013-03-15

HI Boss,

I think you may have introduced a bug:

When I choose 3122 from the Postcode choice, the script throws an exception:
Code:
02:07:11 T:4632764416   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
                                            Error Contents: name 'WeatherZoneURL' is not defined
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/Users/ht/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/weather.ozweather/default.py", line 538, in <module>
                                                locationids.append(WeatherZoneURL + loc)
                                            NameError: name 'WeatherZoneURL' is not defined
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

I can find no other reference to 'WeatherZoneURL' in default.py (although it may be in another module).

If I change:

Code:
locationids.append(WeatherZoneURL + loc)

to:

Code:
locationids.append(searchURL + loc)

it works.

Thanks,
Scott

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2013-03-16

Hmm, must have screwed up when testing and somehow run the old one. That's part of the basic refactoring I was doing elsewhere....

I will fix as soon as I can, probably tonight, sorry.

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2013-03-16

Just submitted 0.6.3 which fixes the above and you can now do suburb searches by name rather than just postcode.

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - antelopeslr5000 - 2013-03-30

Hi all,

I've just set up my ATV2 with Frodo (12.1) to run with my DS713+ NAS server and running MySQL for the database.

Just having a bit of trouble getting the live BOM radar to work. From my understanding I need to copy MyWeather.xml & DialogSeekBar.xml into my skin/720p folder (I'm running the default Confluence skin).

Here is the problem... Where is the default skin folder for Confluence in Frodo located (for IOS)? I've looked in the path /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons but there is no skin.confluence folder. However when I changed and installed the skin to Aeon Nox the above path contained the folder skin.aeon.nox folder.

Sorry if this seems like a noob question but... well.. I'm a noob!

Thanks in advance.

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - antelopeslr5000 - 2013-03-31

Finally found it!

Path was /private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons/skin.confluence/720p

I was looking in the /private/var/mobile path...

Dropped the two files in the 720p folder, reboot of the ATV2 and all is good. Cool

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2013-04-03

Sorry - was on holiday. Glad you got there!

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - sector72 - 2013-04-12

Nice work. I'm in the US so I can't use the addon but it's nice to see that users in at least one country can still retrieve radar images with XBMC.

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - dafrizz - 2013-04-28

I get a "script failed" error when trying to use this add-on.

When checking the logs I found a number of errors:
Code:
ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://home/userdata/addon_data/weather.ozweather/radarbackgrounds//background.png
ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://home/userdata/addon_data/weather.ozweather/radarbackgrounds//topography.png
ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://home/userdata/addon_data/weather.ozweather/radarbackgrounds//locations.png
ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://home/userdata/addon_data/weather.ozweather/radarbackgrounds//range.png

Since they are all related to radar I tried switching this feature off: no luck.
I had a look in those directories and they were empty, except for subdirectories for radar locations I used, which are empty as well.

Any idea how to solve this ?

For info, this is on an arch linux install, xbmc info:
XBMC (12.1 Git:Unknown), Platform: Linux (Arch Linux, 3.8.7-1-ARCH x86_64). Built on Mar 26 2013

[RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2013-04-28

Full debug log please.

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - dafrizz - 2013-04-28

Just a bit more info: I downloaded the images manually and put them in the IDR642 folder, now I am getting this:
Code:
ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named PIL
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/laffi/.xbmc/addons/weather.ozweather/default.py", line 573, in <module>
                                                forecast(location, radar)
                                              File "/home/laffi/.xbmc/addons/weather.ozweather/default.py", line 167, in forecast
                                                buildImages(radarCode)
                                              File "/home/laffi/.xbmc/addons/weather.ozweather/default.py", line 292, in buildImages
                                                prepareBackgrounds(radarCode)
                                              File "/home/laffi/.xbmc/addons/weather.ozweather/default.py", line 261, in prepareBackgrounds
                                                downloadBackground(radarCode, "IDR.legend.0.png")
                                              File "/home/laffi/.xbmc/addons/weather.ozweather/default.py", line 217, in downloadBackground
                                                from PIL import Image
                                            ImportError: No module named PIL
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Debug log: http://pastebin.com/6PChAkMY

[RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2013-04-28

Your compile of xbmc is stuffed and missing the python image library. You'll need to get that into your build.