Kodi Community Forum
Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Weather Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=155)
+---- Thread: Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support (/showthread.php?tid=116905)

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2015-01-07

Ok, update default.py and try now

Still not sure on the bar thing, but I think the other two will be ok with any luck

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - uksa007 - 2015-01-07

Ok looking good, just the Menu Bar issue.

Also what are you setting for the following, as it seems to be same as current.temp

Window.Property(Current.FeelsLike)

Does it pull the data from weatherzone.com.au?

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2015-01-07

Yep, I set it to the feels like value, will check in morning. If you can find that bit of home.XML that would be handy (bar bit) - might be a conditional stopping the display or something

And yes to weatherzone

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - uksa007 - 2015-01-07

Hi,

Found the issue with the menu bar, it was a conditional statement looking for only a few weather plugins, added ozweather, and it came good.

Publishing it could be problematic, as its a large variables include, and will no doubt change with new versions of the skin.

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2015-01-08

Probably two things to do there:

1. Put the changed line in the OzWeather wiki (post it here and I will do that)

but

2. Ask the skinmaker to add it permanently to the skin.

Ok, from here I am going to do some cleanup and will see if I can also set any of the other new variables I may have missed, and will then ultimately submit to master repo so this becomes permanent.

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - uksa007 - 2015-01-08

(2015-01-08, 00:31)bossanova808 Wrote: Probably two things to do there:

1. Put the changed line in the OzWeather wiki (post it here and I will do that)

but

2. Ask the skinmaker to add it permanently to the skin.

Ok, from here I am going to do some cleanup and will see if I can also set any of the other new variables I may have missed, and will then ultimately submit to master repo so this becomes permanent.

Hi,

Ok I have requested that skin maker include the fix.

For those who are wondering how to get Aeon MQ 5 working on Helix, download and install it from here.

Then install ozweather and the Aeon MQ 5 skin as normal following my instructions included in the Aeon MQ 5 skin file.

Untill they fix the skin, to get the Weather in the main menu bar you need to include ozweather in your \Kodi\addons\skin.aeonmq5.helixmod\720p\IncludesVariables.xml
At the time of writing this Aeon skin for Helix is ver 6.1.4 hopefully they will fix it in future version.

You need to find the <variable name="value_weather_date"> and add StringCompare(Weather.Plugin,weather.ozweather) to the two sections

Like below.

Code:
<variable name="value_weather_date">

<value condition="[StringCompare(Weather.Plugin,weather.openweathermap.extended) | StringCompare(Weather.Plugin,weather.worldweatheronline) | StringCompare(Weather.Plugin,weather.wunderground) | StringCompare(Weather.Plugin,weather.yahoo) | StringCompare(Weather.Plugin,weather.ozweather)]">[COLOR=$VAR[value_headercolor]]$INFO[Weather.Temperature][/COLOR][COLOR=50FFFAF0] | [/COLOR]$INFO[Window(Weather).Property(Current.Condition)][COLOR=50FFFAF0] | [/COLOR]$INFO[System.Date][COLOR=50FFFAF0] | [/COLOR][COLOR=$VAR[value_headercolor]]$INFO[System.Time][/COLOR]</value>

<value condition="![StringCompare(Weather.Plugin,weather.openweathermap.extended) | StringCompare(Weather.Plugin,weather.worldweatheronline) | StringCompare(Weather.Plugin,weather.wunderground) | StringCompare(Weather.Plugin,weather.yahoo) | StringCompare(Weather.Plugin,weather.ozweather)]">[COLOR=$VAR[value_headercolor]]$INFO[System.Time][/COLOR]</value>

</variable>

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2015-01-10

Ok let me know if/when they include the fix. If it doesn't happen in a week or so, we can add the above to the wiki maybe

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2015-01-10

(also I have submitted the changes to the master repo so they should be out 'officially' soon and improve oxweather support for all sots of skins really.)

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - uksa007 - 2015-01-10

(2015-01-10, 03:17)bossanova808 Wrote: Ok let me know if/when they include the fix. If it doesn't happen in a week or so, we can add the above to the wiki maybe

Hi,

Skin maker has confirmed fix will be in 6.1.5 of the Aeon MQ 5 Helix skin so we should be good.

Regards

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - nortonuser - 2015-01-12

I get a dependencies not message message after not compatible message for Ozweather.

Any clues please?

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2015-01-12

@uksa007 that's good. Hopefully team kodi pull the updated addon soon - been quiet on their end...

@nortonuser - there's no general issue. What platform kodi & version are you using? Have you done a force refresh on all your addon repos? And then left it a while? Actually - if you're on a platform without PIL support, you'll get this. PIL = python image library.

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - nortonuser - 2015-01-12

Thanks Bossanova808

XBMC 13.2 Git;20140821-c5ae8b39compiled: Sep 23 2014 is what I am using.

10 mins after forcing refreshing repos still no change and Oz Weather is still classed as incompatible so I cannot force a refresh to it.

Tried reinstalling the zip and get dependencies not met message.

Any clues please

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2015-01-12

Yes, but on what platform? The requirements for ozweather are:

<requires>
<import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.1.0"/>
<import addon="script.module.pil" version="1.1.7"/>
<import addon="script.module.parsedom" version="1.2.0"/>
</requires>

...so it will be one of those not being available.

xbmc python is pretty much guaranteed to be there,most likely suspect is you're not getting PIL

the module SHOULD come with xbmc but perhaps if you have compiled your own or similar??

sudo apt-get install python-imaging

Thanks again for your reply.Bossanovo808
My xbmc is installed on a M8 box amlogic S802 so I guess I need root access to add the script then ?

I think you need an updated android xbmc with PIL support but I don't use any xbmc android so I am not sure. i think it was added after Helix launch, so prob the latest nightly would do it?