Kodi Community Forum
Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Weather Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=155)
+---- Thread: Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support (/showthread.php?tid=116905)

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - Shred17 - 2017-02-07

I've been using OSMC for a while now and Kodi on that upgraded to Krypton yesterday. I discovered that they have their own skin (ie different to Estuary) and I'm heavily toying with the idea of having a go at incorporating OzWeather into the OSMC skin. It's been a while since I've dabbled in that kind of thing though so it might take some time, if I have any success at all.

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - AnthonyB - 2017-02-07

(2017-02-06, 02:45)bossanova808 Wrote: @AnthonyB

I'm in two minds on it. So far I have updated my own mini Confluence mode to be V17 friendly. I agree, though, that it's good to stick with standard where one can.

And I like OzWeather being used by others.... but I am hesitant to put any of my personal time into the pretty awful thing that is Estuary. Maybe I'm alone in this, and I have no particular love for the dated _look_ of Confluence, but I still find Confluence to be much better in use than Estuary...I really, really don't like what they've come up with this time around.

How's your XML? It won't be a LOT of work to do it, but I ma pretty busy right now hence my reluctance...

Totally understand. I'm not in a rush to upgrade to Krypton v17 and may even take the same approach and stick with Confluence while they get Estuary a little more mature Confused 

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2017-02-08

@AnthonyB - you could use Confluence from my bossanova808 repo with V17 as an interim step, at least.

I probably will do it, just need to find the motivation

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - BOR15 - 2017-02-08

hey bossanova,

i have an android box running 5.1.1 i think. I have kodi 17 full release on it and as of yesterday it would load and abruptly exit after 30 seconds. wouldn't do it when offline just online. if i was offline and then started kodi all was good. i would then connect the network cable and again all was good. if i then lest it online and shutdown kodi and restarted it, it would abruptly crash after 30 seconds.

I have narrowed it down to Oz weather. i disable it and kodi doesn't crash. this all started on tuesday night 07/02.

i have kodi 17 on windows 10, mac osx and a sony android tv and they are working properly. do you have any ideas of conflicts with other addons?

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2017-02-09

Hmm that's wierd. Pretty sure I have the latest version running fine on my Nexus 13, although I haven't necessarily checked in a while, and definitely haven't tried Krypton yet. It certainly shouldn't bring down Kodi, that's for sure, no idea why (or even how) that could happen....some bug in core I expect.

Can you get me a debug log perhaps?

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - BOR15 - 2017-02-09

i can get it for you when i get back as i am off to SA for a holiday

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - BOR15 - 2017-02-09

hope you can see this

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xbc6lauwsasy2en/kodi.log?dl=0

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2017-02-10

@BOR15

Yep - it seems to stop here:
21:37:18.774 T:18446744072311687656 DEBUG: Downloaded background texture...now converting from indexed to RGB - IDR.legend.0.png

...which means there is some sort of PIL (Python Image Library) error going on (i.e. not my fault!! Wink )

I have opened a thread here if you want to follow it, or they may ask for more details:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=306502

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - BOR15 - 2017-02-10

thank you for investigating ... never blamed you. it was just if i disabled your app it wouldn't crash so i thought i would start here

will look into the new thread Smile ..... just subscribed to it.

Like i said before, i have kodi 17 on 4 devices. win 10, mac OSX, an android box (5.1.1) and a SONY with android TV (5.1.1). It is configured the same on all accept the box with the problems. This box has a few extra addons that i hardly use. but is the only box that has indigo on it as it replaces a few other of the system services. all others are working fine.

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2017-02-10

The issue will be Android - it's one hell of a confused eco system (although I enjoy both my Adnroid tablet and phone) - it's a bit of a PITA to develop/package stuff up for as far as I can see.

I won't push too hard for a fix, don't really want to encourage them to remove PIL or it will stop working everywhere!!

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - BOR15 - 2017-02-10

I am a novice at this so please forgive me.

I don't believe that pil would be the whole problem. there must be something else in my system that contributes to it. This box was working when i put krypton on it for a few days. Something else must have updated after that. If the problem is Android then why isnt my Sony Tv exhibiting the same symptoms. It is also 5.1.1 running krypton.

is there anything i can do to help? ... keeping in mind that i leave tomorrow morning for a week in SA

Well there's lots of different Androids.

But yeah, it might be something you installed updated or changed the PIL installed that broke it for Kodi use. So you could wipe it, and add things back one by one (OzWeather first) to see if you can find the culprit...

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - poida67 - 2017-02-16

Bossanova808,

I ahve Oz Weather loaded onto a RPi3 using Openlec with Confluence skin.
Radar doesn't work even though I've inputted IDR for my area.
Can you point me in the right direction please.

Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - bossanova808 - 2017-02-16

Most likely you've done the radar code wrong, at a guess -you must input the full code including the IDR bit...

Code:
IDR023

But otherwise...read me signature Smile

RE: [RELEASE] OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data - BOR15 - 2017-02-19

hey bossanova808,

Back from holidays, any developments on my problem above? or is it isolated to my box?

thanks Boris